BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - Part 302

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. It's as if a Flash movie is cursed. The David Goyer script in the 00s never got off the ground either, from what I recall.

I'm a huge Batman fan, but I'm tired of Batman being the only DC character the WB can get right at the theaters. I'm in the camp that I didn't want another Batman reboot after Nolan left ... it was time to move on and give the character a rest for a few years.

Now we're getting a solo Batman film and all the other DC projects are falling to the wayside. It's like WB is a one tricky pony.

Last edited:
Full control for Affleck is good. That's what I want. Snyder has the JL films, and then I guess he's done. I guess the solo films will be other directors, ala WW.

Is full creative control for Affleck a good move? That's debatable.

Affleck had a lot of creative control on the BVS script. So much so that he brought his own writer on (Chris Terrio) and that delayed the film by a year.

And Geoff Johns is responsible for the 2011 Green Lantern script.

I also don't care for the way Geoff Johns writes Batman, so him being creatively involved at all on the Batman solo is a negative in my book.

Affleck had a lot of creative control on the BVS script. So much so that he brought his own writer on (Chris Terrio) and that delayed the film by a year.

Bruh, Affleck himself is first off a Batman fan.

Second off, he makes and writes good movies himself and directs them. He has an Oscar for best writing and for best picture which he directed.

I doubt Johns will play a major role besides saying yes to everything Affleck thinks.

Affleck can deliver. Don't worry about him. Worry about the rest of the DC heroes.

"Geoff Johns is responsible for the 2011 Green Lantern script."

Screenplay by

Greg Berlanti
Michael Green
Marc Guggenheim
Michael Goldenberg

Story by

Greg Berlanti
Michael Green
Marc Guggenheim

I love how some people can casually lie.

Berlanti... well thats screwed.

It's better than letting Snyder or WB interfere. Affleck is a good writer and director.

Affleck didn't bring in Terrio. He said it himself. WB brought him in probably because they're idiots who assumed an oscar winning writer will do a good job with a superhero movie. But Terrio doesn't know these characters at all. They thought Terrio would work because they have Affleck, obviously. ARGO F**K YOURSELF Warner Brothers.

Don't know if he was involved with the script or ghost directed it. Not sure.

Second off, he makes and writes good movies himself and directs them. He has an Oscar for best writing and for best picture which he directed.

I doubt Johns will play a major role besides saying yes to everything Affleck thinks.

Affleck can deliver. Don't worry about him. Worry about the rest of the DC heroes.
He might be. He might only be a fan of Miller's work.

True.

I think you're wrong because Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck are splitting it up, then exchanging notes.

I have more confidence in Ben doing this more than the others, but i'm still unsure.

"Geoff Johns is responsible for the 2011 Green Lantern script."

Screenplay by

Greg Berlanti
Michael Green
Marc Guggenheim
Michael Goldenberg

Story by

Greg Berlanti
Michael Green
Marc Guggenheim

I love how some people can casually lie.

You're just uninformed.

Geoff Johns was reported by trades to have done major rewrites to the GL script. He wasn't shy about admitting that during interviews at the time.

If he was such a fan of the character, we wouldn't have got the horrible Batman characterization that we got in BVS...

Especially with Affleck's own writer at the helm, and Affleck doing rewrites on set.

Ben never did rewrites on set. And WB hired Terrio like i said.

I'm not sue if this is a spoiler to Civil War or I'm not allowed to post bc it's CW related but it's Batman v Superman related too.

So I'm going to put a spoiler tag but it's not a big spoiler. Like it's doesn't reveal the plot or anything like that to CW but I don't want to be a dick if people found it spoilerish.

Oh good Lord. :funny:

Supposedly he's in the film for like, 20 minutes too.

Of course, not saying that quiet characters can't make an impact, but Supes does spend a lot of the film not really doing anything.

Ben never did rewrites on set. And WB hired Terrio like i said.

Affleck did a damage control interview after the rumors of him doing script rewrites on set came out. The rumors were in many print magazines including US Weekly, so he had to address them.

Affleck basically said in that interview that the BVS script was solid and didn't require rewrites.

Either he was lying there to protect the integrity of the film and the rumors were true, or he has really poor taste in CBM scripts.

Oh good Lord. :funny:

Supposedly he's in the film for like, 20 minutes too.

Of course, not saying that quiet characters can't make an impact, but Supes does spend a lot of the film not really doing anything.

Ha.

It's because Tom Holland is actually a talented actor, so they aren't trying to hide him.

Um, okay. I get your overall point , though if it bother's you that much I didn't find the characters likable you, should care alot less.

I think he was being sarcastic. If he wasn't, God help him in his real life.

I wish DC could give the movie rights to marvel.....

That's hilarious. I've read posts by you that say - I am a massive DC fan - I have also read posts where you say - I am not a fan of the MCU - ....and here you are saying this (a post made to stir up the DC fans).

Well, I will now be watching your posts closely....because you just stepped over into Troll territory.

Fire Hack Synder already. The man totally sucks at his job. He couldn't tell a story if his life depended on it.

I don't understand why WB is moving forward with Snyder of they don't believe in him. A delay is better than a bad movie.

That's hilarious. I've read posts by you that say - I am a massive DC fan - I have also read posts where you say - I am not a fan of the MCU - ....and here you are saying this (a post made to stir up the DC fans).

Well, I will now be watching your posts closely....because you just stepped over into Troll territory.

It could still be argued that it's out of love.
That's kinda the ticket to pulling off everything short of wishing all out failure these days. Going hard on here, might just cause the studio to change things and all that.

To be honest it's a statement I think you'll find many DC fans would in some way, shape or form agree with to varying degrees.

I think we've well established that 'fun' is not in Zack Snyder's wheelhouse.

That's not true! Stop slandering Zack.
Don't you remember how he said he had so much fun with the character of Jimmy Olsen?
You know, the nameless CIA agent posing as a photographer that got shot in the head in his first scene?
After having almost as many lines as the main character?

Who says Zack doesn't know fun?:cwink:

That's not true! Stop slandering Zack.
Don't you remember how he said he had so much fun with the character of Jimmy Olsen?
You know, the nameless CIA agent posing as a photographer that got shot in the head in his first scene?
After having almost as many lines as the main character?

Who says Zack doesn't know fun?:cwink:

See, the problem with these haters is that they don't understand Snyder's interpretation of fun. They can't let go of their own preconceived notions about fun, and that's why it went over their heads. :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"