All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now the Alberta film ratings have posted a MOS entry as well:

Man Of Steel (trailer #2) 12/07/2012 2:21 Warner Bros. Entertainment

Man, I sure hope that this trailer leaves the biggest impression. Im a bit worried about Pacific Rim though. That trailer is 2:24. And it will have giant monsters vs. robots. Visuals by ILM. Damn... And then there's Star Trek... *gulp* GO SUPERMAN! .... :oldrazz:

Man of Steel is gonna have Weta visuals though. Both are the top!

Oh guys heres a color corrected version of the MODS suit pixar style.It has the variation of yellow I want in the film
attachment.php

I'm actually glad and relieved you say that. It's good to know the footage can be interpreted different ways. Yeah alot of time could take place from when he first enters and leaves as Superman (it's just where would he go between those events?) I hope we're all pleasantly surprised when watching this film.

Well, like I (and others) have suggested before, he might just put on the suit when propelled to by Zod. He might find the FOS and meet Jor-El before his hiatus. He's got stubbles during their meeting I believe. Possibly the truth will drive him into exile, where he grows the beard, and then returns later to suit up when Zod wreaks havoc.

That slightly meditative look on his face from the CC-footage after he exits the FOS looks like some one coming to terms with their ultimate fate. And that following blast-off into the sky looks even more determined. Like some one out to kicks ass.

That's just how I envision it.

The more i look at the picture, the only real issue i have is how dark the yellow is, but that's mostly due to them screwing around with the saturation of the image. Hell, it looked like someone colored Henry's hair in with a marker.

Oh guys heres a color corrected version of the MODS suit pixar style.It has the variation of yellow I want in the film
attachment.php

Sorry, but that yellow will not work on film, especially with the color-palette they seem to be going for.

I knew from looking at the suit that James Acheson was the costume designer before even looking it up...

Sorry, but that yellow will not work on film, especially with the color-palette they seem to be going for.

Yellow simply will not fly on a superhero character in this day and age.

LXeWz.jpg

Well, like I (and others) have suggested before, he might just put on the suit when propelled to by Zod. He might find the FOS and meet Jor-El before his hiatus. He's got stubbles during their meeting I believe. Possibly the truth will drive him into exile, where he grows the beard, and then returns later to suit up when Zod wreaks havoc.

That slightly meditative look on his face from the CC-footage after he exits the FOS looks like some one coming to terms with their ultimate fate. And that following blast-off into the sky looks even more determined. Like some one out to kicks ass.

You know I actually really like that idea. And as I said a few pages back I like the idea too of him donning the suit as a reaction to Zod's invasion. It neatly sidesteps any potential problems with the whole 'is it right to wear my native garb and cape and impose myself on society forever changing it in the process'.

Here's that comics scene I referred to too with Jor-El showing Lara what life Kal-El will have on Earth. I could only find it in black and white.

dustyabell_1317301372_superboy_59_18_superboy_59_18.jpg

The blue they are using looks amazing. How awful would it be if they used the SR blue? hahahahaha

Really like this idea it distinguishes it from Donners.Although I wonder what jorel cld possibly tell Clark that drives him into exile.

And now the Alberta film ratings have posted a MOS entry as well:

Man Of Steel (trailer #2) 12/07/2012 2:21 Warner Bros. Entertainment

Man, I sure hope that this trailer leaves the biggest impression. Im a bit worried about Pacific Rim though. That trailer is 2:24. And it will have giant monsters vs. robots. Visuals by ILM. Damn... And then there's Star Trek... *gulp* GO SUPERMAN! .... :oldrazz:

I wonder if they will show Oblivion with the Hobbit, that's something everyone should be looking out for. I can't wait for that trailer.

Really like this idea it distinguishes it from Donners.Although I wonder what jorel cld possibly tell Clark that drives him into exile.
Perhaps that y'know his native civilization was destroyed and he's the last surviving member. That news could shock one, and force them to question their very purpose now. But Clark will find himself helping that oil rig explosion (plus saving lives from the tornado in Smallville, no doubt taking place before) but keeping himself unknown. The only person actively seeking to track him down and connect the dots on this 'man of steel': Lois Lane! My god I'm really starting to love this story. Even if we don't know if it will play out like this!

JAK®;24805975 said:
Yellow simply will not fly on a superhero character in this day and age.

LXeWz.jpg

That's gold. And metal. And I still think the palette is off.

Could the death of Jonathan be what causes him to head off north to self imposed exile and beard growage?

Perhaps that y'know his native civilization was destroyed and he's the last surviving member. That news could shock one, and force them to question their very purpose now. But Clark will find himself helping that oil rig explosion (plus saving lives from the tornado in Smallville, no doubt taking place before) but keeping himself unknown. The only person actively seeking to track him down and connect the dots on this 'man of steel': Lois Lane! My god I'm really starting to love this story. Even if we don't know if it will play out like this!

It's possible. I wonder who finds Superman first, Lois or Clark? :oldrazz:

attachment.php

I love this picture! Is it artwork or something official?

Could the death of Jonathan be what causes him to head off north to self imposed exile and beard growage?

That's also possible. Maybe it'll be a chain of events. Sounds like he learns the truth as a teenager, and maybe gets it all connected via Jor-El.

That's also possible. Maybe it'll be a chain of events. Sounds like he learns the truth as a teenager, and maybe gets it all connected via Jor-El.

Chain of events seems likely,maybe he and Jonathan are trying to help people in the tornado,and Clark fails to save him because he's helping others,then add to this him learning of Jor-El and it's off fishing...

Chain of events seems likely,maybe he and Jonathan are trying to help people in the tornado,and Clark fails to save him because he's helping others,then add to this him learning of Jor-El and it's off fishing...

Right, I believe a very old rumor said...

...that Clark and Jonathan help some people seeking shelter in a church and Jonathan somehow is injured and dies. It's also possible that young Clark might not be able to save everybody from that schoolbus-accident years earlier. So yeah, schoolbus-incident, Jonathan's death and Jor-El piling more crap on top will chase off anybody.

Maybe after the tornado, a dying Jonathan Kent lays in Clark's arms and warns Clark that the world will reject him.

Right, I believe a very old rumor said...

...that Clark and Jonathan help some people seeking shelter in a church and Jonathan somehow is injured and dies. It's also possible that young Clark might not be able to save everybody from tha schoolbus-accident years earler. So yeah, schoolbus-incident, Jonathan's death and Jor-El piling more crap on top will chase off anybody.

Thanks for the info,you know,I did say to myself that I wouldn't try and find anything out about the story,so that's going well isn;t it:woot:

Thanks for the info,you know,I did say to myself that I wouldn't try and find anything out about the story,so that's going well isn;t it:woot:

Hehe, well, you can still ignore it since it's not official (yet). :up:

You know I actually really like that idea. And as I said a few pages back I like the idea too of him donning the suit as a reaction to Zod's invasion. It neatly sidesteps any potential problems with the whole 'is it right to wear my native garb and cape and impose myself on society forever changing it in the process'.

Here's that comics scene I referred to too with Jor-El showing Lara what life Kal-El will have on Earth. I could only find it in black and white.

dustyabell_1317301372_superboy_59_18_superboy_59_18.jpg

What is that from? Because they used the exact same thing in Issue 1 of John Byrnes Man of Steel and as we know Superman wasn't Superboy in his continuity.

Just so that we can see it on the fresh and new page. =P

M3668H.jpg

Awesome cover, very awesome :up:

Hehe, well, you can still ignore it since it's not official (yet). :up:

True haha,it's just too difficult to not want to know stuff,maybe I can be strong and after we have the two or three days of madness following the trailer,then I'm gonna keep away for a while,there's no way I can keep this up for another six months until release,I'll end up in Arkham!

:fst: :exp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back