All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of hard to believe though that Warner Bros. was willing to invest $235 Million into its budget considering that this is a origin film and that the last superman film didn't do so well an that was a $204 million project.

Yeah but post-3D conversion isn't cheap and the FX houses working on the film are among the best in the business. I'd imagine having Nolan overseeing the project and acting as producer helped WB swallow the budget pill given the success with the Batman franchise and again, look at all the A talent involved so really its not that hard to believe. :)

Not too hard to believe considering that a lot of FX stuffs like flying is going to cost a lot of CGI works & time.

No doubt for sure, I'm just saying that it's kind of hard to believe at times that Warner Bros. would have given the approval to grant Snyder's request for that sum of a budget considering that those type of budgets are usually reserved for films that have a history of being very successful.

I just got home from work and have no idea what these PM's are about but I'd love to get one anyway, lol.

EDIT: Oh ok, a whole bunch of potentially massive spoilers. Yep, still interested. :D

If all this info is correct, are you guys really okay with the idea of
Kal El's suit being Nano Tech like the new 52 comics ?

I'd like a PM of this "info" as well.

So really the thing about the info that doesn't jive or is confusing...and the toy commercial and concept art descriptions have talked about this...

Wait, nevermind. I reread the info and found it actually does match up. Hmm..perhaps the info is quite credible then.

So really the thing about the info that doesn't jive or is confusing...and the toy commercial and concept art descriptions have talked about this...

Wait, nevermind. I reread the info and found it actually does match up. Hmm..perhaps the info is quite credible then.
Right ? I don't want to be that gullible son of a ***** but it all sounds plausible.

If all this info is correct, are you guys really okay with the idea of
Kal El's suit being Nano Tech like the new 52 comics ?

Absolutely.
They seem to be going with the idea the suit is alien anyway so sure why not?

Thanks for the PM. It looks really plausible, hope the trailer he is talking about is the Superbowl one-

I don't feel "extremely spoiled" after reading it. Only thing I considered really "new" for me was:

Zod's robot army

thank you so much! :D
and yeah, I also hope that the trailer he is talking about comes the day of the Superbowl

Put any info you get in spoiler tags.

No PM? :csad:

m0z2a.gif

Right ? I don't want to be that gullible son of a ***** but it all sounds plausible.

Yeah my thing I was iffy about was misreading about...
Zod being on the prison planet. I thought it sounded like he escapes with the robot army from there to come to Earth despite us knowing about the prison ship but I see he mentions the ****, AKA Black Zero, is transporting him to that planet and he takes the ship over. So that info actually jives.

what new info??

I'd like a PM, too, please. thanks.

[YT]KS6f1MKpLGM[/YT]

Keep it in the spoiler tags if you're gonna post it. Unless you want time off.

Why are you sending eleventeen PMs instead of just putting the info in one post with spolier tags?

HERE IS IT:

PM #1

What I know
by Ybnormal21 on Wed Jan 16 2013 21:05:19

I haven't had a chance to speak to my brother again so I will update this when that happens.

It's 2 hours and 24 mins, the cut he was shown

All his powers are on full display, although no freeze breath was mentioned

Krypton is destroyed

Zod kills jor-el he is not killed in the planets destruction

Lois knows his secret pretty early on in the movie

Kryptonite is not used, but it has been discovered and is being studied

Three main battles take place with the last being in metropolis and a significant amount of the city is destroyed between the gravity ray that zod uses on the city and the final battle with superman and the robot space force

Faora is killed, zod is taken to the prison planet.. Now left for superman to manage (I guess it's where he will take future super villains) that's what's implied in the movie

Lex is mentioned twice but never shown

No cameos from other heroes

Brainiac is mentioned but never shown

Krypton is described as more of a futuristic city.. No ice crystals at all, although he said most of kryptons effects were unfinished

There is a robot army that zod brings to earth. They were with him on the prison vessel and he reprograms them to serve him. They were originally designed to be guards on the prison planet (phantom zone) where zod was being taken.

I believe my brother said there were around 30 or so with one being bigger and stronger than the others.. I guess like the lead robot. When it's destroyed by superman zod takes the armor and designs a suit with it to aid him in battle with superman

That's all I can think of right off the top my head. I'll talk with him tomorrow and get some more info. Thanks for being positive and you can share what you like.

PM #2

A few new details
by Ybnormal21 on Thu Jan 17 2013 12:44:27

I just spoke with my brother for a few mins over the phone. It seems snyder is busy cutting another trailer.. Idk when it will come out.. But that's what their working on at the moment.

He claims Shannon's zod is probably going to end up being one of the greatest movie villains on screen

He says that he's amazingly well written

Shannon gives the best performance of the movie, and he has just as much screen time as Cavill

Cavill looks really good in the suit.. He's a massive presence on screen and he looks like superman st8 out of a comic book

The colors look different on the suit than what we've seen.. I'm not sure if its cgi enhanced or just the lighting, but its a lot brighter and vibrant looking in the actual movie footage

Zod wears a similar suit but basically all black.. He does have a cape when he's first shown wearing his suit, but mostly he's shown without it

The quick shot of superman flying down the building towards zod to do battle is from the final fight scene and there's an epic collision that shatters windows and shakes buildings when that clash

He used the words epic every time he described an action sequence

The movie goes pretty deep into trying to understand how it would go if these aliens just showed up one day out of nowhere

There is definitely a Nolon feel to the movie

The military plays a large role in the movie.. There is experiments going on behind the scenes

Metallo is never mentioned or shown but there is a scene with an injured airforce pilot where they talk about using him for a secret project and the kryptonite is mentioned, although never referred to as such, it's called the meteorite

PM #3

This what I got so far
by Ybnormal21 on Thu Jan 17 2013 16:12:53

I had a conversation with him just now and I tried to get all your questions answered.

The budget was initially 185 million but later increased to 215 after Snyder showed higher ups his quick story boards ideas of some of the action sequences he had planned for the film. It was later increased to 235 million to account for extra cgi cost and the added 3D.

The movie is more massive than you can imagine with huge sets built and amazingly shot action sequences. Snyder makes great use of every penny in the budget. The only thing he can compare this to is the action in the avengers, although he claims this is better shot and feels more real.

The original script only had 2 main battles the third was added by Snyder himself.

Jonathan kent dies, Clark is fully grown at the time, but not yet superman.

Zod does not kill Jonathan, although in the original script he did. Zod does kill several military personal and civilians in the movie. The loss of life gravely effects superman.

The robots, except for the main guard, are disposed of very easily.. If your expecting a huge scene with Sm fighting all these robots you will not get it. Their all taken care of at one time and very easily using his heat vision.

He is called superman in the movie but not at first, he's called the alien originally. Lois is the first to call him superman and the name catches on.

He learns of his origins in different ways. Jonathan is the first to tell him where he came from after his powers start to show up. After discovering his hidden ship Jonathan tells him more about his origins and gives him the key that was found with it. Clark also triggers a hologram message from Jor-el using the key that explains details about his home world.

Later in the film after Clark opens up the fortress he talks with another hologram of jor-el and discovers the suit and how it works and the source of his powers on earth.

Faora is killed by Zod.

The prison planet is an actual planet. It's smaller though and described as something like a moon to another planet, although very far away from krypton itself.

A scientific explanation is given for all supermans powers and it grounds this movie and makes it feel even more real, or as real as a movie about a super powered alien can be.

There's a huge twist at the end of the movie that I'm trying to get out of him now. Will update you later.

lastly the suit will be nano tech like the new 52 comics

Last edited:
NO dialogue.It sound real but, With no dialogue it make me question it a little bit.You know all this stuff but you couldn't get any dialogue.No line from anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"