All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the great thing about MOS is that we'll have the same actor playing the character both before and after he put on the costume.

When we were introduced to Reeve for the first time on the screen, he was already Superman; we never got to see Reeve play the character during his wandering years.

So when we see Cavil play the character as he goes on that journey, it'll make a bigger impact on the audience when he finally makes it to the end since the audience would have started out with him first.

thats exactly right i love what you said ...this take on superman is like he's superman all the time the suit and clark persona are just gimics ...there is no flip of a switch where he goes from goofy to gladiator hes allways superman

But could Michael Shannon *fight* in that suit? I doubt it.

At any rate, you might be jumping to conclusions a little too quickly. Yes, we know that Zod's armor will be CGI in the fight scenes, but I think his armor will be real in the nonphysical scenes. If you look at the picture released by Empire magazine, the suit looks very, very real. I don't think it's CGI:
Man-of-Steel-Empire-Magazine-General-Zod.jpg

This approach (i.e. real suit for dialogue scenes and CGI suit for action scenes) is certainly not unprecedented. The Iron Man movies are shot in exactly the same way, from what I understand.

I still think Shannon's CGI suit something else cause Shannon said the armour was big n that it had to be done in CGI.

Yep, I don't think we've seen the cgi armor yet

What on god's green earth are you guys talking about?

That is clearly the CGI armor.

This/That

_DSC3940_1360513696.jpg

couldn't possibly be done practically and still allow for the actor to do fight scenes, etc. It's kinda like what RDJ said about the practical IM armor. He couldn't wear it in every scene and still be effective as an actor. Hence why he wore a mocap suit for most of his scenes and only wore partial bits of the armor in some scenes. Shannon didn't even have that luxury though.

Shannon himself already said that, to his dismay, he NEVER had a practical armor to wear.

Last edited:
That suit can easily have a helmet attached to it. Why you guys are thinking we haven't seen the cgi suit yet is beyond me.

That suit can easily have a helmet attached to it. Why you guys are thinking we haven't seen the cgi suit yet is beyond me.

The same person that described the Zod emblem 1 year before and turned out to be true, said that the Zod armor has a helmet similar to the Prometheus helmets.

I think there is indeed a real suit, but in the fight scenes the suit will be CGI.

The same person that described the Zod emblem 1 year before and turned out to be true, said that the Zod armor has a helmet similar to the Prometheus helmets.

I think there is indeed a real suit, but in the fight scenes the suit will be CGI.

Again. Shannon himself said THERE WAS NO PRACTICAL SUIT.

Well, I think the issue is that suit worn by Zod in the statue seems a good deal smaller in scale than the armor seemed in the shot of Zod and Superman flying at each other in the trailer. Also, statue Zod has a cape whereas trailer Zod does not. So those details point to Zod possibly wearing too different sets of armor in the film.

ahh my bad thought you referred to movie

:oldrazz:i get defensive over watchmen

yeah make up was kind of bad on gugino but it looked fine on Jefferey dean morgan

It's possible there is a practical suit as well, and the way the neck is designed it looks to me that you could attach a helmet to it.

ahh my bad thought you referred to movie

:oldrazz:i get defensive over watchmen

yeah make up was kind of bad on gugino but it looked fine on Jefferey dean morgan

yeah, but you can't blame ****** makeup on a director....he's not in the makeup trailer putting the makeup on the actors. So when people complain about makeup and blame it on a director I don't see their argument at all

What? Are you saying the director has no say how the makeup should look? Even if it looks terrible he has to go with it?

why are we talking about age make up again?

it is pretty common that age make up never looks good or convincing on a young actor
but i think the age make up looked solid on matthew goode in watchmen

What? Are you saying the director has no say how the makeup should look? Even if it looks terrible he has to go with it?

Sometimes you may just have to. When you're on a schedule and don't have time to redo...yeah, you go with what you got I guess

Sometimes you may just have to. When you're on a schedule and don't have time to redo...yeah, you go with what you got I guess

Can't accept that reason even if it is what happened. And I'm pretty sure Watchmen had plenty of time to shoot.

Green Lantern was rushing to finish its effects shots but its still not acceptable.

Didn't I read somewhere, sometime, that a couple of people had seen an early cut of the film. And they weren't too happy with it???

i read where some producers watched it and thought it was amazing

Lets not cause meltdowns without actual sources.

Ya'll reading all these things from all these places. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"