All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm alone on this but I kind of don't care much for these animated adaptions of comics. I kind of think for things like dark knight returns that they were meant for comics.

I'd love instead for them to flesh out the BTAS/JLU universe even more and go back to doing serial shows. At least if they started writing original stories for these animated movies.

I completely agree. The longest standing series that we've had of these characters on screen has been the Timm-verse. They fully fleshed out a DCU that most loved. It would be great to see it continue.

Although it's nice to see the classic style Superman back in some form, the New 52 is really not that different from most depictions of Superman other than having a new suit. Why is it Man of Steel gets so much leeway with its changes to the suit but everyone acts like the New 52 suit is some huge abomination? It's ridiculous.

Simple, it just looks better. Flat out more aesthetically pleasing. For me, When I first saw the way Jim Lee illustrated it in Justice League I liked it. But when I saw an artist draw the MOS in comic form I like it better and it gave me more of that "this is Superman" feeling. I not speaking for anyone else, that's just me.

It's not about change of the suit per se to me. It's just that I like how the MoS suit looks while I find the New 52 suit to be outright ugly.

There are times when the New 52 suit looks bad, but it's not a fair comparison. The MoS suit is a real physical suit, it's not going to change. The colors, proportions, and details are static whereas the New 52 suit has the disadvantage of getting little tweaks an changes every time someone different draws it. And honestly, the stuff they added to the MoS suit is no less random than the seams and piping on the New 52 suit.

Simple, it just looks better. Flat out more aesthetically pleasing. For me, When I first saw the way Jim Lee illustrated it in Justice League I liked it. But when I saw an artist draw the MOS in comic form I like it better and it gave me more of that "this is Superman" feeling. I not speaking for anyone else, that's just me.
That's exactly how I feel

Although it's nice to see the classic style Superman back in some form, the New 52 is really not that different from most depictions of Superman other than having a new suit. Why is it Man of Steel gets so much leeway with its changes to the suit but everyone acts like the New 52 suit is some huge abomination? It's ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous because not all changes are alike. Sure, MoS's design removed the trunks, added some texture to the material, and darkened the colours, but other than that, its pretty traditional. It's an update or tinkering, not a redesign. You have the classic neckline and cape attachment, boots, and even the basic design of the belt is the same.

The Jim Lee redesign completely does away with the classic Superman design other than the S shield and colours. The suit has a completely new neckline and cape attachment, new belt, and different boot shape. It's a complete redesign arguably. That is why I like the former and dislike the latter and why I think legitimate arguments can be made praising the faithfulness of one while criticizing the other.

Show people a black and white sketch of the 2 designs without the S-shield and I'm pretty sure only the MoS suit will regularly be identified as Superman.

Last edited:
To me, unless proven otherwise. Goyer wrote the screenplay. I've gone over many times why I have my doubts about Johan Nolan or Kurk Johnstad.

Not Superman related but I just got banned from the site that shall not be named

Looking at the timing, I'm getting the feeling Millar started his tirade against JLA due to his pal Will's script being canned.

So... trouble with the JL-script and the project in general? Will it be scrapped?

So... trouble with the JL-script and the project in general? Will it be scrapped?

Rewrite of Bealls story/script from Goyer and maybe Johnstad before Snyder signs on to direct. The story/script needs to be worked on.

From what I understand at least.....:word:

what do u think will be the suprise/twist to this movie u know there is gonna be a villain or twist that we know nothing about ?

what do u think will be the suprise/twist to this movie u know there is gonna be a villain or twist that we know nothing about ?

ummmm...honestly I got nothing right now. Maybe Darkseid destroyed Krypton, or Doomsday...hopefully nothing lame and stupid that we won't have to put much thought into to figure out...I want it to shock me

its prolly nothing that predictable ...with nolan u gotta think outside the box ...

what if superman ends up having a twin ...and zod trys to copy him but we don't know which zod goes in the box ?

I can’t remember a time where I was following a film as closely as I was for MOS and had to experience going through so many “drought” periods for the film.lol

Granted, we did get some new stuff in the month of January, but still; I don’t think they were so sufficient to keep us occupied for long.

I really wish that we’d get some new footage or snippets of them just to compensate for the fact that we didn’t get anything new from the Superbowl.

But on the plus side, if the trend for MOS continues, where we always go through long droughts before being given something big and explosive like when we had gotten the second trailer, then we should be good.lol

yeah I hate going through long droughts of nothingness

The only bright thing about this drought is that we know that something HAS to give between now and June; particularly the months of April and May. It’s just the long wait till then that’s going to suck since it’s not really a given that we’ll get anything really substantial and noteworthy in February or March regarding MOS.

I think mid February is a good time to start with the hardcore marketing. If not this month, then the beginning of March. I think waiting to April would not be very smart

Last edited:
Well Warner Bros don’t exactly have the best track record of doing things that are “smart”.

I just wish that we would at least have official stills (in color) of every major character in the film; hell even of Zod’s army as well, by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"