All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Steel. The Man of Tomorrow. Superman. THE MAN OF STEEL TRILOGY.

Man of Tomorrow is good.

I feel like Last Son (of Krypton) is too good not to be the final film but then again, who saw "The Dark Knight Rises" coming?

Last edited:
SUPERMAN: I got a sequel??

So I have a question......Do the stars of any movie get paid anything when actually filming said movie, or do they have to wait until after the release? Silly question I know, but I've always wondered. I would think that they get a set amount just for showing up and then once the movie comes out, that's when the real money comes in.

So I have a question......Do the stars of any movie get paid anything when actually filming said movie, or do they have to wait until after the release? Silly question I know, but I've always wondered. I would think that they get a set amount just for showing up and then once the movie comes out, that's when the real money comes in.

Depends on the star, and the contract. They usually get paid a per diem rate during filming that is seperate from their contracted rate on the film (For living and food expenses) and then the majority of the money after filming but before the movie is released.

If their contract allows for it, they can get paid money on the back end depending on how much the movie actually makes at the box office.
For instance, Jack Nicolson actually negotiated to not only have a small percentage (Like 0.25 percent) of the box office take from not only the Batman movie he was in, but future Batman movies as well, even if he wasn't in them.

Stars also get a very small amount of money when the movie starts airing on TV. When I say small I mean VERY small. For instance, my dad gets a check in the mail for about 20 cents every time Wargames airs on TV. It actually costs more to mail the check.

EDIT: It's actually directors that have it made. It's almost standard at this point for directors to sign deals to get paid whether or not the movie actually gets made. For instance: Singer got paid for directing the Superman Returns sequel even though he never actually made it. Same for Tim Burton and his Superman Lives project.

Last edited:
In all likelihood though the planet is going boom. I mean just look at this:

A9qwNih.jpg
Then again if the planet is completely ravaged and not one bit of life is a left then that to me gives more or less the same impact.

I honestly don't know why people keep asking about what if the planet doesnt blow up...I mean really people???

I love the title Man of Steel II. It's just so simple. I've always felt putting a subtitle on the name makes it feel a little cheap, like a straight-to DVD thing. And Man of Tomorrow by itself... who'll guess that's a Superman film? They might as well call it The Flyer or something. Come on, guys.

you can't be serious? Hell no to Man of Stel II! ugh...be creative, not ****ing lazy

MOS 2, MOS 3 naming convention takes us back to days of Donner movies, so No thanks.

thats no funnier then people saying zod is a general in our government lol

I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here bit if we are to get sequels I don't see whas wrong with Man of Steel II to be honest. End of the day its the quality of the film not what its called. I never cared for the title Dark Knight Rises but I didn't give a crap it was called that.

I really am curious what the sequel title will be if we get a sequel.
I mean they are already doing the Dark Knight title thing with calling it Man of Steel. I just think it's cheap to throw a 2 or 3 at end of title.
For example
For awhile it was rumored that the spidey sequel would be called spectacular Spider-Man and now it's just being called Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Yawn

Placeholder. They'll confirm another title eventually.

And it will hopefully be...spectacular.

:word:

Yeah... I prefer just "The Amazing Spiderman 2"! If the sequel is called "The Spectacular Spiderman", than it all of the sudden seems like a reboot of the reboot. I don't think it works. Keep it simple.

Man of Tomorrow has also historically referred to sentient robots.

Just sayin...

:word:
Lovely to see you 'round here, Jack.

Speaking of sentient robots and Men of Tomorrow...

Anyone familiar with Superman: Earth One, vol 1? Alien ship appears over Metropolis, giant robots & alien attackers wreak havoc, Superman saves the day.

Sounds like "Man of Steel," right?

At the end of Earth One, Superman interacts with the Kryptonian A.I. of the ship that brought him to Earth. The A.I./ship had a symbol very reminiscent of Brainiac.

Just sayin'. :)

i wonder if the word man of steel will be used in the movie and in what context.

"Bullets bounce off of him,It"s like he is a Man Of Steel!"

"Because he's not the hero that Metropolis deserves, but the one it needs right now... and so we'll let him be... because he can take them... because he's a hero... he's a super sonic guardian, a watchful protector... a man of steel..."

Lovely to see you 'round here, Jack.

Speaking of sentient robots and Men of Tomorrow...

Anyone familiar with Superman: Earth One, vol 1? Alien ship appears over Metropolis, giant robots & alien attackers wreak havoc, Superman saves the day.

Sounds like "Man of Steel," right?

At the end of Earth One, Superman interacts with the Kryptonian A.I. of the ship that brought him to Earth. The A.I./ship had a symbol very reminiscent of Brainiac.

Just sayin'. :)

"Because he's not the hero that Metropolis deserves, but the one it needs right now... and so we'll let him be... because he can take them... because he's a hero... he's a super sonic guardian, a watchful protector... a man of steel..."
tumblr_lzb8vzNqPA1r4vklf.gif
This guy ^

Yeah... I prefer just "The Amazing Spiderman 2"! If the sequel is called "The Spectacular Spiderman", than it all of the sudden seems like a reboot of the reboot. I don't think it works. Keep it simple.

Yeah, I like "James Bond 24" as well...

:sus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1