All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy solution. Someone post a clip of Routh and Bosworth and we'll compare them to Cavill and Adams.

I think it's unnecessary, because I don't think Routh and Bosworth had an ounce of chemistry at any point, but hey. It'll give us something to do.

I guess this is one of those cases where there's no right or wrong, but rather how people interpret it.

I think it's unnecessary, because I don't think Routh and Bosworth had an ounce of chemistry at any point, but hey. It'll give us something to do.

They didn't, at all. Part of it was poor writing. Bosworth's Lois was written in such a way that she was a huge jerk to everyone throughout the film - to Supes, to her fiancee, everyone. Lois was very unlikable in the movie. Don't get me wrong, I like Returns better than most people on SHH do, but its Lois in that film that really drags it down for me.

Here in the trailer we have a few seconds where Cavill and Adams show real chemistry in their looks towards one another and mannerisms. Of course we aren't making a judgment about how that will pan out in the full film. We can't. But in those few seconds I think they do have more chemistry than anything we saw between Lois and Supes in Returns. Its a fair judgment to make.

I guess this is one of those cases where there's no right or wrong, but rather how people interpret it.

I think we can all agree with that. Cept for BH/HHH. Total ****-stirrer.

KIDDING!

Now FilmNerdJamie and BH/HHH... those two have some real chemistry. :p

:oldrazz: eat my shorts

speedingticket_zpsa702a196.png

The facial expressions from the other characters sell it.

Now you've got me thinking about the last decade of crap also known as The Simpsons.

I feel the love in this mutha...

There you go...

Redoing the origin from Krypton to his becoming Earth's protector (Zod as the key physical villain, Pa Kent dies scaring young Clark, he feels odd/different for his powers and not being able to tell anyone, he moves to Metropolis where he meets/falls for Lois, etc.) with a big name cast and an unknown in the lead. Totally different from Donner and "that hack" Singer. :dry:

Not knocking that. Its fine. But you guys need to put down the Kool-Aid. This ain't a reinvention of the wheel.

There are plenty of things we know of in MOS that we've never seen in a Superman film before:

- Robot army
- Big spaceships in the sky (including the Phantom Zone being replaced by a spaceship called the 'Black Zone')
- Tornado
- Clark with a beard
- Clark having a human life in an alaskan fishing village
- Jor-el and Zod fight scene
- Suit without trunks
- The military fighting against Superman
- Black Perry White
- Young Clark first being told he is an alien
- Dr Hamilton
- The FOS as a spaceship rather than an ice castle that rises from a crystal
- ... and i'd say it's a pretty safe bet that JK doesn't die of just a natural random heart attack. It's bound to go down in a much bigger way.

No one is saying there are going to be absolutely no similarities whatsoever. But there are certainly a number of very different elements in play in this film than any previous film representation... and those are the things that make this a lot more exciting than SR for me.

The SImpsons really doesn't enough credit for it's impact. So many people from my generation are heavily influenced by it. People have forgotten that because of the show's decline.

I love the Simpsons, even when it's not funny I still enjoy the heck out if it. I thi k now and then they still do some top episodes.

Yes I can, it's all there in a look. I don't remember a single moment where I felt Routh and Bosworth had chemistry.
The dynamic in SR was quite a bit different from a new romance context - with Bosworth having to play hurt and abandoned for ¾ of the film. It would be fairer if you compared the “chemistry” of the MOS trailer with STM. :word:

I'm just going to actually wait until I see MOS to compare the actual film to another film, SR.

That might not be possible because you might forget all about SR after watching MOS :p

They didn't, at all. Part of it was poor writing. Bosworth's Lois was written in such a way that she was a huge jerk to everyone throughout the film - to Supes, to her fiancee, everyone. Lois was very unlikable in the movie. Don't get me wrong, I like Returns better than most people on SHH do, but its Lois in that film that really drags it down for me.

Here in the trailer we have a few seconds where Cavill and Adams show real chemistry in their looks towards one another and mannerisms. Of course we aren't making a judgment about how that will pan out in the full film. We can't. But in those few seconds I think they do have more chemistry than anything we saw between Lois and Supes in Returns. Its a fair judgment to make.

Excellent post. I concur 1000000000000000000%

If Amy Adams is worst than Bosworth then we're in big trouble.

She already has an edge by not being Bosworth.

The last few pages remind me that showtime and jamie are the most logical guys on this board.

In part cause they're the only two guys who dont bring up STM/SR every waking moment just to bash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"