All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Lois leaving her fiancé because she's so impressed by Superman makes her look shallow and make her incredibly unlikeable.

But her fiancé can become jealous of Superman when she gets on the story and maybe see how trusting Supes is of her (even if Supes has no intention of breaking up the relationship), and breaks it up because of that. That's one way to spin it without making her look like a beeeyotch.

I like that one better. :yay:
Thanks, and you're the smart one making all the more complimentary. :D

How about this? She's engaged to a military man. Superman shows up and she's itching to get the scoop. Her fiance is overprotective of her, as well as very suspicious of this "alien". In an argument about it, his harsh and untrusting nature reveals itself. Later, after Lois has gotten to know Superman a bit, her fiance leads an attach against Superman, ignoring Lois' insistence that he's not the enemy. She breaks it off after that, and her fiance hates Superman even more for it. Which (in a sequel) drives him to volunteer for a LexCorp funded experimental procedure involving cybernetics and green meteorites.

That's just an idea. I really don't think it will happen. I think the ring prop bears little to no relevance to the story. Lois isn't wearing it in the shot from the trailer where she takes Superman's hand, or in the SDCC screen cap where they're kissing.

Colonel Hardy could be her fiance.

There's no Richard White listed in the cast, is there?

No. There's some character called Henry Ackerson, though, who appears to be about the right age. He's played by an actor named Tahmoh Penikett, who was a regular on Battlestar Galactica and Dollhouse. I've never heard of him, but he's not some random no-name with no prior credits.

Well she does hashed romantic connections to John Corben in the comics in the past. So if Henry Ackerdson is the alias for who will later become Metallo (as he was in JL Doom) then maybe he also has a romantic connection to Lois in Man of Steel.

Heyyyy, in Secret Origins, Corben (Metallo) was into Lois but it was very one-sided. Maybe he tried to propose?

Lois could look at the ring and wonder if she's ever going to find the right guy.

Heyyyy, in Secret Origins, Corben (Metallo) was into Lois but it was very one-sided. Maybe he tried to propose?

That's what I was thinking, btw really random but I thought he looked a lot like Kevin Bacon in Secret Origin.

Oh, Lois when are you going to settle down? You know the clock is ticking, dear. :p

That's what I was thinking, btw really random but I thought he looked a lot like Kevin Bacon in Secret Origin.

Haha, I see it!

0410100111.jpg

Just to be clear: do you mean that you want her to have recently broken up with her boyfriend for reasons that have nothing to do with Superman? Or do you mean that you want her to be in a relationship by the time Superman shows up and leave her boyfriend for Superman?

I don't have a problem with the former. The latter, on the other hand...

So how can you say it wouldn't be more complicated then? :huh:

That's an entirely separate issue.

really either or...most people would rather have Lois have recently broke up with her fiance, but I mean honestly, people get dumped for others all the time...it's happened to me plenty of times

How funny would it be if this was true :D

Tbh if there is a ring I just reckon it will be her Mothers.

Forget the ring. I want to know the significance of the three straws. I mean, who carries around three straws? One, OK. Two, maybe, if it's raining out. But three? There's definitely something going on there. I'm thinking there's going to be a major twist in the canon, and they're going to have Lois be a serial sipper. She'll constantly be sneaking sips from unknowing victims' open drinks. I'm picturing one sequence (possibly during the film's climax, when she's particularly parched) where she connects all three straws end to end, making one long straw, in order reach through a cracked car window to a day old coffee in the cup holder. It's going to be great, guys!

Forget the ring. I want to know the significance of the three straws. I mean, who carries around three straws? One, OK. Two, maybe, if it's raining out. But three? There's definitely something going on there. I'm thinking there's going to be a major twist in the canon, and they're going to have Lois be a serial sipper. She'll constantly be sneaking sips from unknowing victims' open drinks. I'm picturing one sequence (possibly during the film's climax, when she's particularly parched) where she connects all three straws end to end, making one long straw, in order reach through a cracked car window to a day old coffee in the cup holder. It's going to be great, guys!

:awesome: post of the week right here :D

Haha, I see it!

0410100111.jpg

I think it's the nose :D I actually think Kevin Bacon would've been a good John Corben/Metallo years ago.

Well, we could look at it this way:

1. If Lois just recently broke up with anyone, especially if that person was her fiance, then that would make Superman come off as the proverbial Rebound, which doesn't do any favors for the relationship itself.

2. If Lois is involved with a guy while Superman appears, then again, it puts the character in the same bad situation that it did with Kate's Lois.

Point being, it'd be pretty hard to downright unrealistic to get people to root for these people to get together if there was a third party that Lois was just recently involved with to the degree of that person being a fiance or even during the events of the film.

The goal is to also make people like Lois and make people understand why Superman would love her as well and this would not be a way of doing it.

Plus, it adds unnecessary drama to a film that's already got its hands full with other plots.

How funny would it be if this was true :D

Tbh if there is a ring I just reckon it will be her Mothers.

oh there is no if to it...there IS a ring. Now how important to the story it is remains to be seen.

lol, and how come one straw is different than the other! Signs of a fickle woman? Inquiring minds want to know!

It's also possible it was just there to help fill up the jewelry box in her apartment (along with numerous other trinkets). With all the other stuff up for auction, I find it hard to believe they got their hands on anything of significance.

lol, and how come one straw is different than the other! Signs of a fickle woman? Inquiring minds want to know!

That's the "anchor" straw. It's like one of those straws with the little spoon on the bottom. She also uses it for the occasional Slurpee Swipe.

If there were a character that were playing the Fiance, then we would have likely heard about his casting by now, unless he's already been selected from that dude..I forgot his name..the one that confirmed that he was involved with the film but couldn't really say who he was playing.

Either way though, I just can't (or maybe just don't want to.lol) see them putting in that factor considering on how it didn't help things for SR with the whole love triangle fiasco.

If there were a character that were playing the Fiance, then we would have likely heard about his casting by now, unless he's already been selected from that dude..I forgot his name..the one that confirmed that he was involved with the film but couldn't really say who he was playing.

Either way though, I just can't (or maybe just don't want to.lol) see them putting in that factor considering on how it didn't help things for SR with the whole love triangle fiasco.

maybe he has been cast, but he is of no real significance so there was no huge to do made about his casting

maybe he has been cast, but he is of no real significance so there was no huge to do made about his casting

Perhaps; but I do standby my original stance that having Lois come off a major relationship only to turn her romantic attentions towards Superman so early on can make both her and him look bad in different ways, especially since Superman would come off like a rebound.

Perhaps; but I do standby my original stance that having Lois come off a major relationship only to turn her romantic attentions towards Superman so early on can make both her and him look bad in different ways, especially since Superman would come off like a rebound.

I just don't like the whole idea of Lois ALWAYS being single when she meets Superman. That's the one thing I do kinda like about the New52, she's not dating Clark or Superman. But if they don't eventually find themselves in each others arms then I'd be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"