All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope we get a real shirt rip ( in slow mo lol) with the score blairing loud along with it....give me that and i'll jump up and scream YES!! no foolin.
the last shirt rip we got on the big screen still aggravates me.

I don't think they're going to use use shirt rip in this movie. What if the suit is nano-tech?

I don't think it will be. I still don't think that Danny's Batman theme was topped, as great as Zimmer's is.

However the MOS score turns out, it would be hard to say whether it "topped" JW's or not. Zimmer's Batman score has become incredibly popular, even with some still saying that Elfman's was more memorable, more hummable, etc. It'll probably be different enough that people will say "Wow, this was never my idea of what a Superman score should be like... but I like it", which is the effect that Zimmer's Batman score had on me when I 1st heard it.

So far the only guy I have some confidence in telling the truth is the guy from Double Negative who worked on the movie and tweeted about a Feb 13 screening. I think everything else is up for debate.

I don't believe Nick Jones. He wants to promote himself, and WB can't do anything about it. Ewoud84 (guy from Double Negative) is telling the truth.

I just hope we get a real shirt rip ( in slow mo lol) with the score blairing loud along with it....give me that and i'll jump up and scream YES!! no foolin.
the last shirt rip we got on the big screen still aggravates me.

I am hopeful for a great shirt rip scene too. I hope we get it.

I am certain we'll get it. Either towards the end of the flick or after the sequence where you think he is down and out and he makes a return to save the day.

hope so...I can just see it with the snyder touch.
buttons pop off in slow mo, camera follows them down, shirt slowly rips open, and the \S/ is revealed. lol.

I am certain we'll get it. Either towards the end of the flick or after the sequence where you think he is down and out and he makes a return to save the day.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking

Yeah... Williams and Elfman/Walker have yet to be topped musically.

But I'm sure Zimmer will come up with some pretty rousing stuff.

I disagree. Zimmer completely surpassed Elfman in my opinion. There's nothing that can compete with Molossus, Deshi Basara, Why So Serious?, Barbastella, Rise, etc.

Zimmer's Batman scores are generic to me. I could see it working well in other films. They don't feel exclusive to Batman's world.

Zimmer's scores are good to me. Inception has one of the best scores ever IMHO.

Why So Serious is fantastic. Subversive, extreme, iconoclastic, just like the Joker himself. The rest of it is pretty standard Hollywood fare and doesn't come close to Elfman's compositions. I had hope he would come up with something great with the chant in Rises, but that completely fizzled out in the score.

I disagree. Zimmer completely surpassed Elfman in my opinion. There's nothing that can compete with Molossus, Deshi Basara, Why So Serious?, Barbastella, Rise, etc.

"Eptesicus" is probably one of the best of all (as a bonus, a part is played in The Will To Act bit in BB)

Zimmer's scores are good to me. Inception has one of the best scores ever IMHO.

I like his Pirates and Sherlock stuff as well as his scores from various animated films.

I have to entirely disagree. Zimmer largely created soundscapes with few leitmotifs. He put little thought into creating solid musical ideas for each character and instead simply created audio noise cues. His theme for Batman consists of only two rising (or occasionally alternately falling) notes that do little more than blare at the reader with all the subtlety of being beaten over the head by a club.

Elfman's theme, by contrast, creates a gothic / noir atmosphere with a descending theme that marries tragedy and heroism together. Its four-note minor key ascent and two-note major key descent is frightfully simplistic and yet it perfectly addresses the duality of the Bruce Wayne character. The sixth note is the payoff occasionally afforded the theme, a keen acknowledgement by Elfman that Wayne's existence is defined by a lack of personal completion. Elfman's ability to leave his theme in yearning flux (by dropping its sixth note) and balancing major and minor-key progressions within its construct far better represents the duality of Wayne than anything Zimmer has provided the franchise.

The greatest contributions to Nolan's trilogy in terms of music were brought by James Newton Howard, who provided central leitmotifs and ideas. However, even their merit is choked out by Zimmer's oppressive sounds and throbs.

He doesn't say specifically that he saw Man of Steel, from what I can tell.

Someone asked him is it Manofsteel, he said can't tell.So, most likely it's MOS.If it wasn't he coulda just said no.

Someone asked him is it Manofsteel, he said can't tell.So, most likely it's MOS.If it wasn't he coulda just said no.

You can think that if you wish, but it doesn't logically follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"