All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urmm.. I think Bruce Malone is taling about the frame (Bone structure, wide shoulders).

Reeve arguably had the best and biggest frame regardless of muscle mass he had.

In terms of frame size -

Chris reeve > Tom welling > Routh > Cavill.

Cavill has great genetics and muscles but he has average frame.

lol I agree. He has baby sized hands. :oldrazz:

I'm a HUGE chris reeve as superman fan, but I gotta say, cavill looks the best by far since reeve, maybe even better judging by the pics..
I need to see him in motion in the suit before deciding for sure tho.

Urmm.. I think Bruce Malone is taling about the frame (Bone structure, wide shoulders).

Reeve arguably had the best and biggest frame regardless of muscle mass he had.

In terms of frame size -

Chris reeve > Tom welling > Routh > Cavill.

Cavill has great genetics and muscles but he has average frame.

Well I guess it really is up to what you prefer in terms of looks and overall structure. As I said, I don't really care about height, and it is not something you can correct (well you can in a way, but that's a different story). How one physically prepares for a role and the final result is what I'm most interested in.

As I said, I'd prefer to have a more muscular and defined Superman, and as far as that go, I'm most impressed with Cavill. He's lean, has great delt separation, big arms, wide back, wide shoulders, etc.

I really hope we get the character posters soon. I'm having a rough time lately and it's really only the thought of this movie that's helping me through. Less than 3 months to release and 1 month til trailer #2!

I really hope we get the character posters soon.

Yeah, me too. It's been what now, two weeks since that guy said any day now? Yeah, Im starting to wonder the legitimacy of his claims at this point. I mean, character posters will come sooner or later (and a lot of movies around MOS already have them or are getting them these days), but it seems that those that were talked about and mentioned to arrive in the following days were made up or just a rumor or something. I'll happily eat some crow if im wrong though, but it sure doesn't look like it. :oldrazz:

So trailer #2 with Oblivion on April 19? As well as with Iron Man 3 for sure.

So trailer #2 with Oblivion on April 19? As well as with Iron Man 3 for sure.

Who knows. I don't see why they couldn't just debut it online two weeks before attaching it to any which film. Like I said before, first week of April would be same timeline to release as TDK and TDKR final trailers were. But I think they may wait until IM3. Don't know why, just the feeling I got at this point.

Nah they will release a trailer sooner than Iron Man 3 but I bet they will make sure to play that trailer with Iron Man 3.

Reeve put on weight? he wouldn't have to. He was already a massive guy, he just didn't have a suit that accentuated and added on to his musculature. Which is why reeve in the MOS suit would look great.

Superman_fence1_zps24592b0e.jpg

CW-STM-city-portrait-23.jpg

Again cavill for all his work wouldn't look nearly the same had he had to wear the suit that reeve did and it's debatable whether he'd look as good as reeve did in it?

Dude look at Reeve next to people in interview or even on the set. Guy was just a MOUNTAIN of a man. I mean BIG. Not like your "super defined beach body" type, but like...dude was a BIG guy.

David Goyer Says the Man of Steel Trailer is Just the 'Tip of the Iceberg'

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-steel-trailer-is-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg

"It's something Chris [Nolan] tried hard to do with the Batman films," Goyer said. "I'm genuinely pleased with how much secrecy we've been able to maintain. There's so much of the movie that people don't know, that hasn't been touched upon. The trailer's just the tiniest, tiniest tip of the iceberg."

Goyer also talked about whether or not this Superman movie will be darker. "Relatable and realistic doesn't necessarily mean dark. I think it would be inappropriate for us to approach a Superman film as if we were doing The Dark Knight. The Batman films are a lot more nihilistic; Superman has always been a story about hope."

Wasn't that just the same info from the Total Film interview?

Nah they will release a trailer sooner than Iron Man 3 but I bet they will make sure to play that trailer with Iron Man 3.

Yep.

My guess is they'll release the final trailer in another viral two weeks prior to the Iron Man 3 release and then just attach the trailer to it. That makes the most sense. I doubt 42 will drive in the crowds anyway.

I'm expecting the posters this week though. Considering that they've been finished for some time now, WB is likely waiting to promote MOS once Burt Wonderstone's OW is over.

Want a god damn trailer already.
If I can get a shot of Superman using his heat vision in the trailer ill be set until June tbh.

"Relatable and realistic doesn't necessarily mean dark. I think it would be inappropriate for us to approach a Superman film as if we were doing The Dark Knight. The Batman films are a lot more nihilistic; Superman has always been a story about hope."

to hear Goyer say this shines some light into this project for me

to hear Goyer say this shines some light into this project for me

Yes sir :woot:
And Goyer explains it very well. For me at least, Superman has always been that definitive symbol of hope. So i'm glad we are getting a serious film, but not so serious and dark as say The Dark Knight.

Dude look at Reeve next to people in interview or even on the set. Guy was just a MOUNTAIN of a man. I mean BIG. Not like your "super defined beach body" type, but like...dude was a BIG guy.

Not only that, Donner had to reshoot parts of the film (and aspects of Superman II he had already filmed) at the end of principal photography because Reeve had continued to bulk up during that period.

Reeve was good in the suit. Cavill is good in the suit. Silly to argue who looks more muscular or whatever. Both could kick my ass.

Not only that, Donner had to reshoot parts of the film (and aspects of Superman II he had already filmed) at the end of principal photography because Reeve had continued to bulk up during that period.

Really? I did not know that! Is there anymore insight into that someplace? That's something else.

Reeve was good in the suit. Cavill is good in the suit. Silly to argue who looks more muscular or whatever. Both could kick my ass.

Haha I hear that man.

I hate it when people eat popcorn loudly behind me in a theatre, so while those look cool, I can only feel anger... :cmad:

Lord, that drink topper scares me.

I hate it when people eat popcorn loudly behind me in a theatre, so while those look cool, I can only feel anger... :cmad:

Popcorn I can handle, crisps are the worst. I can't freaking believe it when people bring or buy crisps like Dorito's or something to the cinema. Had someone answer his phone in the seat next to me during The Avengers as well. By going to a midnight showing for MoS I'm expecting these types will be filtered out and everyone there will be too glued to the screen to eat or slurp anything.

Makes me want to go all Darth Vader on their food items

[YT]y2s0TLPv5ks[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"