All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that's the thing about superheroes without masks in low-priced merchandise, the faces always look goofy. But at least he's smiling in this one. :yay:

Popcorn I can handle, crisps are the worst. I can't freaking believe it when people bring or buy crisps like Dorito's or something to the cinema. Had someone answer his phone in the seat next to me during The Avengers as well. By going to a midnight showing for MoS I'm expecting these types will be filtered out and everyone there will be too glued to the screen to eat or slurp anything.

Hopefully ! I just want a crowd of die hard fans lol

Popcorn I can handle, crisps are the worst. I can't freaking believe it when people bring or buy crisps like Dorito's or something to the cinema. Had someone answer his phone in the seat next to me during The Avengers as well. By going to a midnight showing for MoS I'm expecting these types will be filtered out and everyone there will be too glued to the screen to eat or slurp anything.

Did you go all...

tumblr_m8ai0rapbz1rzh3vxo1_500.gif

Being a typical Englishman I said absolutely nothing :p I did stare at him for a few seconds every time he did it though, to heavily insinuate my anger :word:

When MoS is released, I'll buy popcorn, but I'll wait until the movie is over and I leave the theatre to eat it.

I have only used a cel phone once in a theater, and it was to check a text message because my sister was in the hospital. It was my fourth viewing of Captain America, hardly anyone was in the theater, I sat fourth row from the back, everyone else sat in front of me except one guy, but this guy behind me (I was a row down, on his right hand side, not even directly in front of him) shouted at me from the top of his lungs "YOU THINK YOU CAN PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY?!?!? YOU CAN EAT A TURD!!!" way, WAY more distracting than anything I was EVER doing. Guy was a complete *****ebag.

I typically hate it when I see people on their phones, but I tune it out and focus on the movie, unless they are actually talking on it, in which case I ask them to leave, then go back to the movie. No way am I going to stop watching a movie though, take my eyes off of what I came to see, to stare at them intently and make them feel "awkward" though, and I most certainly am never going to shout at the top of my lungs and disrupt EVERYONE in the theater because someone looks at a text message. I don't know what's going on in their lives or why they have it out, I prefer it to not happen but there are things more important in life than seeing a movie, it isn't the end of the world either way. People should learn to be considerate but people should also get some ****ing perspective.

Those MOS cups and containers look awesome, BTW. And I never eat when I see a movie unless its one I don't have a big, personal stake in. The movie itself is the reward.

Last edited:
This is precisely why in my cinema I always sit here:

CinemadeLux-directorshall_zps046d7a08.jpg

The area is designed for people in wheelchairs to get in with their friend/family next to them (so obviously I would move if someone needed the seats), but that basically means 1. You have tonnes of space 2. You have that wall behing you blocking the noise of the people behind you. 3. You are slightly higher than the front seats so there is nothing blocking your view (that almost no one sits in if they can help it), and 4. The only time anyone will try and sit next to you is when it's completely full :D

I don't know why no one else ever does the same thing... it's weird... am I the only one who's this anti social at the movies? :funny:

...Now what really gets me is when people bring their real, REAL young kids who are one, too young to see and understand the film and should probably not be exposed to it to begin with, but when their kids scream and cry throughout. That bothers me much more than a teenage girl checking her cel phone for texts every 20 minutes. It's also a tremendous sign of poor parenting, IMO. But even so I'm not going to go and shout AT them in the theater about it.

I'm very anti-social at the movies, though I sit in the row behind the wall rather than the wheelchair seats in front. That way there is only one row of potential noise behind me.

The area is designed for people in wheelchairs to get in with their friend/family next to them (so obviously I would move if someone needed the seats), but that basically means 1. You have tonnes of space 2. You have that wall behing you blocking the noise of the people behind you. 3. You are slightly higher than the front seats so there is nothing blocking your view (that almost no one sits in if they can help it), and 4. The only time anyone will try and sit next to you is when it's completely full :D

I don't know why no one else ever does the same thing... it's weird... am I the only one who's this anti social at the movies? :funny:

Haha oh I'm absolutely anti social. I will usually sit 4rth or 5th row from the back. I hate being up that close. I can't focus. I have a friend who always, ALWAYS sits in the very front row. Very hard to share popcorn that way. Lol

Haha oh I'm absolutely anti social. I will usually sit 4rth or 5th row from the back. I hate being up that close. I can't focus. I have a friend who always, ALWAYS sits in the very front row. Very hard to share popcorn that way. Lol

:funny: Yeah, I guess that's probably why most people don't like those seats.

I don't like being right at the front because it's too close. But I do like being in a lower down seat than the ones in the back. I really like looking up at movies, I think it's a psychological thing - makes me feel like a kid staring up at wonder or something :)

Dang what cinema is that? Those be some nice seats!

Wheelchair seats though...I never thought of that. Good idea. lol

:funny: Yeah, I guess that's probably why most people don't like those seats.

I don't like being right at the front because it's too close. But I do like being in a lower down seat than the ones in the back. I really like looking up at movies, I think it's a psychological thing - makes me feel like a kid staring up at wonder or something :)

I definitely get what you mean. Of course, not to get back on this subject, but now I'd be afraid to sit THAT close up to the exit/entrance. That is just how I think now when I enter a theater. :csad:

Yeah, I'll be seeing Superman in the theatres up close and with minimal distractions.

Dang what cinema is that? Those be some nice seats!

Bristol Showcase Cinema de Lux. It is a really nice cinema, much better than the other option in town which is an odeon. They do hot food, the seats rock back and forth and the sound is great. Of course, it's exspensive - about 9 quid a ticket - but if you get a members card (for free) you get tickets for a fiver on sun/mon/tues and special members preview screenings and stuff.

Oh and they have a special Director's Hall that's even fancier. The chairs are even bigger and have a little table bit attached, you go into a special directors longue before the movie and get greeted with a little Box of chocolates and can get cocktails at the bar and take them in with you. Tickets for those showings are about 15 quid, but once in a while it's fun. I did that for Skyfall and they had a free Martini on entry, was awesome :D

I definitely get what you mean. Of course, not to get back on this subject, but now I'd be afraid to sit THAT close up to the exit/entrance. That is just how I think now when I enter a theater. :csad:

I'm way to naively optimistic to think anything bad will happen to me. And I kind of prefer being that ignorant. If it is going to happen, it'll happen, no point worrying about it!

Bristol Showcase Cinema de Lux. It is a really nice cinema, much better than the other option in town which is an odeon. They do hot food, the seats rock back and forth and the sound is great. Of course, it's exspensive - about 9 quid a ticket - but if you get a members card (for free) you get tickets for a fiver on sun/mon/tues and special members preview screenings and stuff.

Oh and they have a special Director's Hall that's even fancier. The chairs are even bigger and have a little table bit attached, you go into a special directors longue before the movie and get greeted with a little Box of chocolates and can get cocktails at the bar and take them in with you. Tickets for those showings are about 15 quid, but once in a while it's fun. I did that for Skyfall and they had a free Martini on entry, was awesome :D

Wow. I didn't know such things existed! So after my first MoS viewing at BFI London, I know which cinema I'll be going to for my second viewing. You might finally have some competition when it comes to securing your favourite seat now :word:

For MoS I'll probably go and see it in IMAX for the first time and then go to a cine capri screening afterwards. The Cine Capri room is glorious.

Fj1TQyMl.jpg

eTVeYmt.jpg

I'm way to naively optimistic to think anything bad will happen to me. And I kind of prefer being that ignorant. If it is going to happen, it'll happen, no point worrying about it!

A-*****in-men. :BA

I'd love to see this in IMAX, it was shot with IMAX cameras, right? Which means it should look good in that. I've only ever seen Alice in Wonderland in IMAX (***** movie).

I hope I can see it in IMAX, I mean MI4 looked freakin amazing.

For MoS I'll probably go and see it in IMAX for the first time and then go to a cine capri screening afterwards. The Cine Capri room is glorious.

Fj1TQyMl.jpg

eTVeYmt.jpg

I'm going wherever Kane goes just to scream "52630" over and over again until he runs out crying. ;)

But like many of you my first viewing of a film I get.....touchy. With MOS like many other films I use to take all of my friends, but I try to sneak to the midnight by myself, but it rarely works lol. I just don't like when people are talking, or there is always that one guy that is laughing at everything...annoyingly so. I remember with The Avengers there was a guy in front of us just laughing at things....that were not funny.

So hopefully my midnight showing of MOS is good.

Yeah my first time will be at the BFI Imax in London. I'm super excited :)

worthamimax-1__gallery_image.jpg

Yeah my first time will be at the BFI Imax in London. I'm super excited :)

worthamimax-1__gallery_image.jpg

I may be moving soon, so if I do end up where I think I will finally have an IMAX to go to, which I'll be sure to go to MOS in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"