All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious, how would some here feel if they did have Superman at some point donning on some actual Kryptonian Armor at some point in the film while taking on Zod and co.?

I'm not crazy at the idea of Superman wearing Kryptonian armor. To me, it makes him seem less powerful and needs help to defeat Zod in battle.

I'd be fine with him donning Armour aslong as it makes sense to the story.

If Zod is imprisoned in the Phantom Zone (and I was hoping for them to avoid this, it's been done before and will only spawn more complaints about this being a remake rather then a reboot) I still hope we get to see him actually be a General on Krypton. I would love a shot of thousands of Kryptonian troops standing before their leader with Shannon looking all cold and badass. :oldrazz:

Very minor note but Cavill was briefly on TMZ last night walking through the airport having returned from Japan. They asked him some random question and that was it.

Not really you more in general because I've seen it mentioned a few times by other people.

Fair enough.

Ok. When do you think WB should release the new trailer? With IM3 in May or in about two weeks before the IM3 and STID hype really get's big?

I don't really think the trailer is as important as the TV Spots but I think putting it with Iron Man 3 makes sense, using the popularity of it to your advantage. April would be fine for the trailer though, depends what it is with.

Well, I'm hoping it slaps IM3 silly in terms of action at least since we've seen IM do his thing 3 times already and Supes, well, never really.

Possible, but from the looks of the Iron Man 3 trailers, not sure if that will be the case. Tough to compare though because we've seen no footage.

It wouldnt be my favorite thing to see, but what if supes somehow tricks zod and company back into the PZ, he follows, and he then wears the armor to fight them...with 3 to 1 odds ( or more??) he would need it. Also, They would all be powerless in there so that would be another reason to wear it as well.

As for going to the zone, Perhaps he knows they ( zod and company ) could leave the PZ whenever they wish, so thats why he chooses to follow them there and settle things.

Last edited:
It wouldnt be my favorite thing to see, but what if supes somehow tricks zod and company back into the PZ, he follows, and he then wears the armor to fight them...with 3 to 1 odds he would need it. Also, They would all be powerless in there so that would be another reason to wear it as well.

Hmm, Clark going up against trained warriors such as Zod and Faora? I don't think the odds would be in his favor. Im suspecting on earth they will because he'll be more powerful than them and more accustomed to the powers. But I don't see Supes defeating 3 warriors with no power advantages.

So far marketing has gone pretty much how I expected. A teaser with TDKR. A full trailer in December. Probably a second full trailer in April. A magazine photo shoot here and there.

Maybe we're getting less posters and stills but that's not going to win over the GA that most people seem worried about.

I hope we get the first character poster in a few hours. If not, I don't think we'll get any this week since studios usually debut one daily during weekdays. I feel we may be in for another week of drought but I also think it will be the last. Im expecting EW cover to be unveiled next week or the week after, same for posters and after that the new trailer.

I'm not expecting a TV Spot until late april/early may. I'm thinking MAYBE we'll get new trailer in mid April.
The one thing I'm surprised by at this point is the lack of character posters, or any new posters at all for that matter. But maybe that's just because we heard they were approved a while ago.

Posters have been approved for weeks, not sure when they are dropping them.

My guess is the theater set up will also be going in end of the month or so.

I think WB want the hype for IM3 and Star Trek 2 to die down a bit before they release some MOS stuff

Which movies get TV spots seems so random over here.

For instance, I watch a channel called e4 more than anything else. And i've been ill from work today, so basically just had it on all day. Every single ad break there is a tv spot for Oblivion (comes out on the 10th over here). It's literally the only movie getting tv spots on that channel (don't know about other channels, maybe someone else can fill in those gaps!)

If they do that for MOS near the release, we're golden for good box office over here IMO.

Hmm, Clark going up against trained warriors such as Zod and Faora? I don't think the odds would be in his favor. Im suspecting on earth they will because he'll be more powerful than them and more accustomed to the powers. But I don't see Supes defeating 3 warriors with no power advantages.
true, but, we dont know yet exactly what happens to clark once he finds the fortress and what jor-el tells and shows him.
Like I said, it wouldnt be my favorite thing to see, but I think something similar to it is possible.

I will watch both Oblivion and After Earth so that I can compare the two.

Then, there's an added advantage of getting a new trailer attached to Oblivion.

Okay so I just realised This is the End is coming out on the 14th June in the US (doesn't come out until 28th over here)... Is no one a little concerned about the effect that might have on the box office.

I mean, seriously, that movie has the potential to be very popular.

I'm not sure marketing your movie 2 1/2 months before it's release makes much sense when you're going up against the marketing campaigns for Star Trek 2 & Iron Man 3, which will be the two top grossers domestically this Summer. What exactly do you gain doing that? End of April in to May makes a lot more sense to me. Man Of Steel isn't competing with either of those films and it is not going to slap either film silly.
Yes. In terms of the “flying, super strong hero” genre, IM3 would appear to be MOS’s direct competition. But as you point out, their respective release dates are nicely spaced apart (i.e., they’re not actually up against each other). So it’s wasted resources for MOS to take on IM3 (which has the clear advantage) in an early/preemptive marketing blitz when there isn’t really a contest. Save the blitz for when it will achieve maximum results.

I have a feeling we will see all of krypton's history, ie, art, music, animal life, military use, etc, shown to clark in a matter of seconds/minutes by the Jor-el AI.
It just seems like something that would happen.

Which movies get TV spots seems so random over here.

For instance, I watch a channel called e4 more than anything else. And i've been ill from work today, so basically just had it on all day. Every single ad break there is a tv spot for Oblivion (comes out on the 10th over here). It's literally the only movie getting tv spots on that channel (don't know about other channels, maybe someone else can fill in those gaps!)

If they do that for MOS near the release, we're golden for good box office over here IMO.

E4s definitely one of the most watched channels over here mainly because its on freeview. They should back to back eps of Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother and everyone I know is always watching those shows so I agree with what you're saying :up:

No. It will get annihilated.

I guess comedies don't usually have the same box office power. I just think the movie looks awesome :funny:

E4s definitely one of the most watched channels over here mainly because its on freeview. They should back to back eps of Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother and everyone I know is always watching those shows so I agree with what you're saying :up:

Yeah, and definitely for the demographic the film will be mostly trying to appeal too :)

Okay so I just realised This is the End is coming out on the 14th June in the US (doesn't come out until 28th over here)... Is no one a little concerned about the effect that might have on the box office.

It might be successful, but not at the expense of MoS.

If MoS is going to have a competition, it will be with Monsters University.

Marvel's doing that thing they do and releasing some cool official concept art(that is sometimes met in the actual films). I wonder if there is any cool concept art for MoS. Has anyone seen any for even the bat films?

I thought they had delayed that because of MOS and it's now in July or august?

Marvel's doing that thing they do and releasing some cool official concept art(that is sometimes met in the actual films). I wonder if there is any cool concept art for MoS. Has anyone seen any for even the bat films?

I remember seeing art for Bane's mask and costume but they were weren't released prior to the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"