All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 36

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torrente

Torrente Well-Known Member

This!

2. Showtime

Showtime Your Friend In Time

Marketing is fine guys. TV Spots is where it matters and you're not going to be firing those off in April. Why are you going to compete for marketing with Iron Man and Star Trek right now? Waste of money.

3. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

Sorry if I sound like a wet blanket but I'm glad April Fools is going to be over soon. Then we can enjoy real entertainment news from this film and others.

4. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Well-Known Member

Yeah,this is always a tough day online.

5. Excel

Excel O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

They need to be building the foundation. I'll give them through mid April before criticizing. It will be a large mistake to pass up the basketball tournament entirely, though.

6. Superherofan123

Superherofan123 Well-Known Member

I think marketing will be with the NBA playoffs which start April 18 or 19 I believe. This makes the most sense to me anyway with the trailer rumored to debut April 16.

7. Pickle-El

Pickle-El Well-Known Member

It's not a necessity, the NBA playoffs are all of May and June.

8. fake

fake Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the Cannes comment was an April Fools joke

9. ThePowerCosmic

Not sure if these were posted.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Well-Known Member

Man, I am SO psyched for this movie. It is going to be INCREDIBLE. I KNOW it is!!! :word::woot::yay:

And my fingers are so crossed for a :supes: scene! Do you guys think they will have one or unlikely you think?

11. ThePowerCosmic

I think it's iconic enough to be included. But they might think it's too close to Reeves' version. I'd love to see it, though. Hope it's in there. :up:

12. Kryptonian Titan

Kryptonian Titan Well-Known Member

Cool! Looking great, imo.

13. Gianakin_

Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Too close to the Reeve version? That's like saying webslinging might remind people of the Raimi movies.

14. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Well-Known Member

Definitely, I was so happy, even if it was a bit premature, when that one "review" surfaced that said there was a great shirt rip scene. Really got my hopes up. Because prior to that my conception was that he didn't wear it under his Clark Kent outfit at all, and that there wasn't even a Clark Kent at the Daily Planet (glasses, etc, and if there was, he wasn't there until the very end - and for all we knew the shot in the CC trailer where he holds the glasses may be a joke in the movie :( ), which was kind of a big time bummer for me but I was reserving judgment until I saw the movie because it could still be awesome regardless.

15. Mad Love

Mad Love The Future of Justice

LOL, why don't you wait until release to see the actual BO numbers before criticizing. If they do well, then what are people going to say next time around with the same marketing.

16. Denish

Denish Well-Known Member

I'm following on twitter and facebook an actor, the official Russel Crowe italian dubber, to see if he writes something on the dubbing of the third trailer, or at least some information about it..This because in the past few years the dubbed trailers came out in Italy with a long delay, but with and after TDKR, Warner decided to release them shortly after the official american debut (few hours)..So if it's not too far away from you, here they're must be in the dubbing room :cwink:

17. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

I have a friend whose subscribed to SFX and he told me in the new issue its saying the next one (which will be released in May) is a Man of Steel special.

18. hopefuldreamer

hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Awesome :) I was hoping they'd do a cover at least, but an MOS special! That's fantastic :D

19. G.Godfrey

G.Godfrey Well-Known Member

SFX? I don't think they ever get any exclusives do they? Usually they have what has already been released. And May? Yeah, I'm sure we'll get a bunch of magazine issues in May.

And moving on, I don't see why some say MOS shouldn't market itself in April in order not to compete with IM3. Makes no sense. So in early May they shouldn't because of STID? In mid-late May because of FF6 and TH? Jeez, they best not promote it at all! :o MOS shouldn't run and hide. They should show why it's going to take all those films and slap them silly. If the movie can't do that, well then I'll be disappointed either way! TDKR had it's first TV spot 2 months from release. MOS shouldn't be too far behind from that schedule. We'll know soon...

20. G.Godfrey

Why is nobody discussing this? It seemingly confirms the Phantom Zone and Zod's imprisonment in it (S2 much?!?) tells us Zod is a WARRIOR from a generation of warriors, tells us that he leads a small band of Kryptonians (ok we knew this but still...) in search of a new home, hints that some of Supes powers will only develop once he uncovers the link to Krypton and finds the suit and confirms that Jor-El will be a leading scientist on Krypton.

Discuss. :woot:

21. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

^nothing to talk about

100% of that was common sense

22. G.Godfrey

No it wasn't. Many here believed that the Black Zero would replace the Phantom Zone because the concept is too far out for a Nolan produced film. Some thought Jor-El would be more of a warrior than scientist due to his armor/weapon/fight with Zod. We knew Zod was a general but not a warrior from a generation of warriors. That's new information and not common sense. It's also not common sense that some of Clarks potential will only unveil once he discovers the suit.

But ok, let's not discuss any of it. What is there left? Ooooh, right, marketing. Discuss.

23. hopefuldreamer

hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Sorry, but none of that is particularly news to me... I mean, it's cool to read, but it's not like some massive insight into the plot that we didn't already know for us to get excited about.

And the bolded, I didn't read it that way at all. It just says he doesn't realise his full potential (like, as a hero), not that he doesn't develop all his powers :huh:

24. G.Godfrey

I never said it was a massive insight into the plot, don't put words in my mouth. It simply gives a small piece of new info during this drought period.

As for the second part, I disagree.

25. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I hope that's not the only thing that Warner Bros. has in mind when it comes to promoting this film since if NOTHING NEW is released before then....then yeah, Warner Bros. will be without a doubt the biggest tools in the shed.

I'm starting to get worried about the promotion of this film since we keep getting these bad droughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.