All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warner Bros. just debuted a new trailer for The Great Gatsby that was almost 3 minutes long, well 2 minutes and 50 seconds to be exact with MPAA title card. :oldrazz:

I know I pointed that out in the trailer topic. Meh. :oldrazz:

TASM had a 4 minutes preview at the time, but I don't remember well, maybe it was just a mix of two trailers

Yeah... but the trailer is supposed to make it so everyone is going to want to see it for the first time. I'm not sure if yet more shots of him being mopey and angsty is going to do it. I hope there's more to the new trailer than just a rehash of the trailers that came before it.

Been a while since I posted on this forums, but hey I keep one eye on the going on. :cwink:

A trailer is supposed to draw you in and whet your curiosity. Traditionally, trailers used to be quite long and in a lot of case bit misleading. Nowadays, trailers need to make sense but this run the risk of revealing too muc about the plot. See the trailer for Carrie remake - I was totally bored by it, and it gave away too much (that's unless they have more tricks up their sleeves) and the plot seems to be a straight reworking of all the iconic scenes from DePalme's Carrie. On the other hand, MOS's 2nd trailer packed in a lot without revealing anything at all.

Good things come to those who wait. Just keep this in your mind.:yay:

So, I have read the CNN's interview with Hans Zimmer and I like his takes on MOS very much.

TASM had a 4 minutes preview at the time, but I don't remember well, maybe it was just a mix of two trailers

TASM had a whole bunch of stuff MOS doesn't so it's rather pointless to compare in any case.

is it official were getting a new trailer mid april?

I think it's highly risky for WB to not have at least 1 trailer that focuses on action/ visuals.
But then again, maybe they are waiting to throw all the action shots in TV spots ?

Good things come to those who wait. Just keep this in your mind.:yay:

Well I've been waiting every day for the past 1097 days (if I only count since Snyder was announced director). I'm tired of waiting. I deserve this good thing NOW! :o :oldrazz:

TASM had a whole bunch of stuff MOS doesn't so it's rather pointless to compare in any case.
Agreed. Sony showed far too much of that film as a matter of fact.

Well I've been waiting every day for the past 1097 days (if I only count since Snyder was announced director). I'm tired of waiting. I deserve this good thing NOW! :o :oldrazz:
lol.

Homer knows what you're talking about.

[YT]4mDcZGRKQ_M[/YT]

Since someone brought up April 18th as the 75th anniversary of Action Comics 1, I'm hoping that's the date for the trailer.

LOL. I'm only patient because I'm older and got too many things to do_Other than waiting patiently for MOS, I've been waiting for my next sip of my favorite poison, Guinness which I haven't drank in age!:woot:

Agreed. Sony showed far too much of that film as a matter of fact.

That's true, but I guess it worked since that film did good money given it's overall quality, imo anyway. Then again maybe that was just the Spider-Man effect. :oldrazz:

I hope we could get a new poster at the beginning of next week followed by an EW cover story at the end of next week. Then a trailer April 18th. I could live with that.

I hope we could get a new poster at the beginning of next week followed by an EW cover story at the end of next week. Then a trailer April 18th. I could live with that.

At this point, I'll take any new pose, just please..for the love of God Warner Bros., don't give us another version of the handcuff scene.lol

That shot has been overplayed to death at this point. I hope that they actually bring out something that had some creativity drawn into it like the Comic Con poster.

At this point I could live with a still of Clark waiting tables at a bar.

I just feel like some are throwing out wishful thinking as facts. I still haven't seen any solid facts guaranteeing a April 16-18 trailer two release.

As tired as people are of hearing my marketing *****ing I'm just as tired of hearing people pump themselves up for a totally unconfirmed trailer release date.

I'm also tired of hearing people promise that the posters are coming soon because they have been promising that for over a month. Okay WB approved the posters, I get it but the posters haven't been released so why should I give a flying **** that they have been approved? I don't care until they release them.

I had to post this stuff because it has been building up in me. Sorry.

Lol....you have nothing to feel sorry for Spidey....I wish the GA felt like this, maybe WB would do things differently

All of this is wishful thinking. From when the trailer might be released to the quality of the film. A trailer might come out April 18th. It might come out May 18th. No one knows. I think the 75th anniversary argument is a valid as any but it certainly isn't fact.

Mostly, I'm trying to keep this as a positive experience.

It might come out May 18th.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down man what the hell?!

tumblr_m8hwfzMNQe1ruzdua.gif

We're nearly at the 2 month countdown mark. A trailer (or trailers) will come out during those 2 months. Posters, TV spots, magazine features, tie-ins and toys will come out. Within a 2 month period. Compared to this dry spell, it'll be like all of our birthdays all at the same time... for 2 months. :)

Lol....you have nothing to feel sorry for Spidey....I wish the GA felt like this, maybe WB would do things differently
I was just apologizing in case I offended anyone by writting yet another rant that is related to marketing. I really didn't want to write that post because I am trying to chillax.

All of this is wishful thinking. From when the trailer might be released to the quality of the film. A trailer might come out April 18th. It might come out May 18th. No one knows. I think the 75th anniversary argument is a valid as any but it certainly isn't fact.

Mostly, I'm trying to keep this as a positive experience.
I understand trying to keep positive but the "trailer will certainly come out with Oblivion!" stuff just gets under my skin. Yes, the trailer might come out with Oblivion and it might not. Those are the facts until Warners confirms.

At this point the quality of the trailer is more important than the specific release date. I like the last trailer but lets hope this one has a little more action. A little more broad commercial appeal.

Sony showed far too much of that film as a matter of fact.

Too much indeed.

At the time someone made a 25 minutes preview using only the marketing footage of TASM, it was a short version of the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"