All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so begins another 13 pages of fans bashing the marketing and claiming to know more than professionals. Just because WB isn't spoiling you with trailers, stills and posters doesn't mean they don't give a ****. While I don't understand why WB chose to wait for the unveiling of the new posters until April, there's still plenty of time left for WB to galvanize the general audience with a new trailer and tv spots.

Sure enough, a month and a half from now fans will complaining to WB for spoiling them with too much with footage, and commence to worry whether or not WB is overcompensating.

I remember the days before internet and when you found out about a movie when you saw the trailer for it at the theater...those were dark days, but in a way better because you didn't have all this damn drama

Is C.Lee pulling the senior "back in my day" stuff again?

I remember dail up and I tolerated it because I knew of nothing else. But we aren't ever going back to dail up, anymore than we are going back to how movies were promoted in the 60's or 70's.

Right or wrong movies are promoted in a different way in 2013 and there is no need pretending that it's not different.

Yes people are more impatent now. So?

I'd like to see a major studio market and release their 200mil film the way they use to. Release it in a handfull of theaters and only market it by making one poster and one trailer. That movie would bomb harder than John Carter but at least they stuck to the better, older way or marketing and releasing films.

And no I'm not saying that MOS is marketing itself like an old film, I'm saying that any blockbuster that did would be DOA based on competition alone.

Last edited:
How would you guys feel if the Daily Planet building didn't have the iconic globe at the top? We already know (thanks to set pictures and the CC footage) for sure that there's one inside the building, but we've yet to see the one that should be on top of the building. Now, don't get me wrong: I have no doubt that it's there. But I am curious to see how many people would be okay with it if it isn't.

How would you guys feel if the Daily Planet building didn't have the iconic globe at the top? We already know (thanks to set pictures and the CC footage) for sure that there's one inside the building, but we've yet to see the one that should be on top of the building. Now, don't get me wrong: I have no doubt that it's there. But I am curious to see how many people would be okay with it if it isn't.

Honestly? I'd be pissed...but there would be nothing I could do about it except send angry tweets to Zack Snyder, not ZACH Snyder as some people want to spell it for some reason. Do they not know how to read?

Yeah, I wouldn't be happy with that either.

Yep. Like I said, I don't doubt that it's there, but I'm just curious to see how many people would care if it isn't. I remember reading once that the top of the DP was never seen on L&C, but to make up for that, there was another, smaller globe at the bottom, above the entrance. Would people be okay with a similar alternative for MOS?

Yep. Like I said, I don't doubt that it's there, but I'm just curious to see how many people would care if it isn't. I remember reading once that the top of the DP was never seen on L&C, but to make up for that, there was another, smaller globe at the bottom, above the entrance. Would people be okay with a similar alternative for MOS?

If we never see the top, and there is a smaller globe near the entrance like in Lois and Clark and even Superman Returns had one, I'd be ok with that. But I really hope we get some AWESOME shots of Superman flying by the globe atop the Daily Planet!

It would make zero sense to me. It's an iconic image. Why do away with stuff that sets the Superman material apart?

It would make zero sense to me. It's an iconic image. Why do away with stuff that sets the Superman material apart?

hello trunks.....

some people would say that the trunks make the costume just like the globe makes the Daily Planet

Its friday guys. New stuff will come out in time, meanwhile just go get drunk or something.

hello trunks.....

some people would say that the trunks make the costume just like the globe makes the Daily Planet

Hm, definitely not one of those people. The trunks are trunks. People can miss them and what they represent, but they don't 'make' anything. Now the globe is a different story.

I read somewhere that the globe is indeed there, but it's CGI

Well, on another note, here are some quotes from Zimmer that I enjoyed reading the most in his latest interview regarding "Man of Steel".

But this Superman is something lighter, he said, "celebrating everything that was good and fine about America," such as small towns "where people don't lock their doors, neighbors get together, and families are families."

"What was important for Superman was the simple fact that none of us pay much attention to the Midwest," Zimmer said. "I know America mainly by the big cities, but if you go into the Midwest, there is a people there and there is a country there. And I thought it was important that the decent folk, simple folk be the heart of the story, and a character who is guileless, who isn't complicated in the sort of flawed way our Dark Knight is, and isn't political in any way. He's just striving to become a better part of humanity."

Source: http://us.cnn.com/2013/04/05/showbiz/zimmer-man-of-steel/index.html

I expect to hear some beautiful music during the Smallville scenes.

Don't you think pedal steel guitars will sound weird for a Superman movie?

(I don't know anything about music)

I expect to hear some beautiful music during the Smallville scenes.

Agreed. Heck, I still very much enjoy the scene from S:TM where Martha woke up to prepare breakfast, only to see Clark through the window and the entire scene afterwards. Great cinematography, acting, and music.

It's definitely the more intimate and simple moments within the story that can really do wonders for a film if executed properly.

Be nice, WB. If you don't be nice, then you will be skating on thin ice, because I will pay the iron price. Now, will you be nice?

The globe on the Daily Planet in Superman Returns was CGI

I remember watching a special bts for the film and how there was a comical issue on how Singer originally wanted the globe to be real while one of the producers thought that he wanted it to be all CGI and when the day came to present the thing, it as like a "Punk'd" moment where everyone thought Singer was yelling at the producer for not following orders..or something to that effect I think.

In the last few days we've heard from Hans Zimmer, Joe Letteri, laurence Fishburne & SFX magazine announced that the issue available on May 1st has behind the scenes details and pictures and interviews.

Various people on FB and twitter are leaking that they have seen, or know someone that has seen the 3rd trailer. Amazon has announced the release date for the soundtrack, there is an movie exhibitor event that is very close to the 75th anniversary and WB are showing stuff there.

In Barcelona around the same time (April 14th-17th) is an International comic book fair, and WB's will have MOS stuff there. Does anyone get a sense that the Man of Steel publicity bullet train is about to leave the station? I think the flood gates are about to open in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Be nice, WB. If you don't be nice, then you will be skating on thin ice, because I will pay the iron price. Now, will you be nice?

Come on!, WB, We are so desperate, please don't obligate us to hate, my expectations will evaporate, 'cause we're far from the date, and MOS things are still too 'private', so please let us finally sate, don't make us wait, or you'll probably harm MOS's fate!

Is C.Lee pulling the senior "back in my day" stuff again?

Yep.

As long as you guys keep posting OH NOES....THEY HAVEN'T RELEASED A POSTER....THE WB HATES US AND WANTS THE MOVIE TO FAIL....I'M LITERALLY AND FIGURATIVELY GOING TO ACTUALLY REALLY DIE BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN A TV COMMERCIAL FOR THE MOVIE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......I'll keep up with the back in my days stuff.

And that's a promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back