All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I am loving the article and the stills, I have to admit I'm a little worried about Shannon now. The shot of him seems so over the top, it makes worry that he went overly campy with his performance. He is a great actor who has done tons of independent work and, sometimes, when those types end up in big budget movies, they overcompensate and play things too broadly. But, maybe it will fit with the genetic engineering angle - like Faora, he is perhaps a psycho since he was bred to be a soldier.

So what are the thoughts on what Faora is doing to Lois with Supes watching?

Yeah, at this point I'm pretty certain that Lois will help and be instrumental in Clark's hiding of his Superman side. I like it.

I also like that people actually claim to have seen a "superman" even though he hasn't intentionally outed himself yet. Obviously most people would laugh off a superman as crazy talk, but not Lois Lane! Can't wait for this movie

So what are the thoughts on what Faora is doing to Lois with Supes watching?

According to the article, she is fitting her with a breathing apparatus for the Kryptonian ship.

According to the article, she is fitting her with a breathing apparatus for the Kryptonian ship.

And apparently her body is having trouble adjusting to the exposure to the yellow sun. Which is why she has the helmet.

Nah, Faora is about to wipe-kiss her.

I wonder if Krypton is still around? And this is like the J.J. Abrams script.

Great stuff to read. Thanks Flickchick

" It's one thing to grow up realizing that you're different or you might have these superpowers, but it's another thing entirely to step before the world and say I'm going to put on a costume and say I'm Superman,' "Goyer says. "Like, why would he do that? "

Love this. It's a good question never answered in previous movies.

Also glad that
MoS is confirmed to be the kick off of a JL movie

As much as I am loving the article and the stills, I have to admit I'm a little worried about Shannon now. The shot of him seems so over the top, it makes worry that he went overly campy with his performance. He is a great actor who has done tons of independent work and, sometimes, when those types end up in big budget movies, they overcompensate and play things too broadly. But, maybe it will fit with the genetic engineering angle - like Faora, he is perhaps a psycho since he was bred to be a soldier.

From a picture? Seriously? I'm sure Shannon's gonna be great in the role

Would love a PM for the rest of the article. I was so sleepy waking up this morning, but I soon jumped out of bed when I saw the direction the open discussion thread took :woot:

Channeling Snyder there? :p

But yeah... Everything looks awesome :D

:woot:

I even don't mind that the article makes it out like this is the dreaded Earth One scenario (and it seems it is very influenced by it). I'll deal with it since this seems thousand times better-a-story.

Oh and the article mentions... Clark unleashing his power on a deserving thug :awesome:

And apparently her body is having trouble adjusting to the exposure to the yellow sun.

Which also makes me think that past speculation about how adjustment to Earth and the yellow Sun will play a role in how Superman defeats Zod and company might also be on the money.

Been thinking that for ages and I'm fine with it. Infact its actually a sneeky way for them to not have to deal with the glasses, if the shot of him entering the lift is the final shot. So they can worry about that later if they have too.

Kal-El being naturally born instead of engineered puts Jor-EL's speech in the comic con trailer in perspective.

Which also makes me think that past speculation about how adjustment to Earth and the yellow Sun will play a role in how Superman defeats Zod and company might also be on the money.

Connects to how little Clark adjust?

So much awesome. Arguing about lack of new stuff feels so far away now. We have grown into a higher enlightened existence now. :woot:

A bit late to the party but pls PM me.Someone!Anyone!

Kal-El being naturally born instead of engineered puts Jor-EL's speech in the comic con trailer in perspective.

Oh wow it sure does. Now this is the kind if depth I enjoy.

Honestly, it's a killer idea. Nice twist on the mythology.

Well its not really a new idea, it was also done in the Byrne era. Kal El was gentically modfied so that he would have been able to leave the planet Krypton. Other Kryptonians had a defect where they were tied to the planet and if they left they died.

From a picture? Seriously? I'm sure Shannon's gonna be great in the role

Well, that's why I said a little. It would have been more reflective of my thoughts if I had typed a "tiny bit". It just seems really out of place with everything else we have seen and, to be honest, Shannon's interview comments about the movie haven't come off too well to me. Seems to be a lot of whining about mo-cap suits and such. But that could have just been a misinterpretation on my part. He could have just been trying to be grounded and humble.

Oh wow it sure does. Now this is the kind if depth I enjoy.

Oh gosh yes 'what if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?'.

I'll bet that pic we got back in Empire of Jor El is from that scene and he's talking to the Kryptonian council.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"