All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course it's easy as it's a major thing with superhero films especially. superman II effects felt more real. some of the effects in MOS trailer 3 are a bit dodgy. Its the really fast movement that makes him look cartoony.

:funny: Did you really just say that? In the old movies Superman never felt like Superman to me because it was obvious it was an actor due to the limitations of technology. So no it didn't in anyway feel more real because this is SUPERMAN! The fast movement in MOS doesn't look cartoony at all, it looks like Superman. He's one of the most powerful beings in the universe how do you think he's going to move? It always took me out of the experience when watching the old movies and seeing Superman move slower than an Olympic sprinter. I am someone who is very critical of bad CGI but I really didn't get a cartoony feel from the way Superman moved in the trailer at all. That's probably how it would look if you saw a ´´demi-God`` in battle with your very own eyes.

This is a hard place to be for someone who loves marvel and DC. Tired of seein people take shots at marvel movies and lift this movie up. This looks amazing and i'm super pumped, but iron man 3 looks amazing too just in a different way.

I agree withy of (although I'm more DC) but I wish people wouldn't knock Marvel movies or even past DC movies to big this one up.

I think it's A LOT more but YouTube is having trouble processing it. Because it was 301 for about 8 hours, then around 200.000 then it jumped to 1.8 million and now it's still there while the video has almost 40.000 likes which is a bit more than 1/3 of what the first trailer has which has 31 million views. :word:

Btw, I don't know if people talked about it yet but in this shot:

iBcfAR2tydvZs.gif

With Superman doing his faster than speeding bullet routine, there seems to be someone else flying into the jet, Faora or Zod based on the all black suit. Maybe to protect a fellow Kryptonian? I doubt it but still interesting. What a great shot. Thank you ZACK SNYDER!
Just noticed that it seems like supes takes a few shots here. The way they just bounce off is awesome

With a clearer head, I can now pinpoint the not-as-good stuff:

- Lois's "He never quite fit in" feels crammed in and awkward as hell. I can just picture Amy Adams reading that from a paper in a sound booth.

- The action bits... it's surprising that even with the 3rd trailer they're still holding back on the action. The stuff they showed is so choppy and out of context that I couldn't even understand what I was watching without having to pause.

- They're playing with the colors of this thing like it's nobody's business. The previous trailer showed off a very nice, vivid palette full of turquoises, orange sunsets, etc. Just compare the shot of Superman vs Zod along the side of the building in trailer#2 and this one. Ther's now a prevailance of browns and whites that I'm not sure I like too much. Hopefully it's still subject to changes.

That's pretty much it. I can't stress enough how big of a deal it is to me to see Supes smiling and flirting with Lois. That went a long, long way. That and the amazing piano tune at the beginning - which, by the way, is the new theme, I take it, only piano-y? Good stuff.

Just noticed something, sorry if someone else has me tinned it but that opening shot if Jor-El I'm pretty sure that's Kelex alongside him.

ibcaVqO7IiPWm7.gif

Great eye!! It looks very much like John Byrne's Kelex indeed!

Last night was really wierd. I stayed up until 2 am in my country to watch the trailer, planning to sleep afterwards cause I started work early. But I didn't count on how hard the trailer would hit me. Infact no other trailer I've seen in my life has had as much of an impact as this. So anyway, I couldn't sleep at all and ended up going to work without a second of sleep.

Now I'm downloading the trailer for my first watch on a HDTV. :)

I agree withy of (although I'm more DC) but I wish people wouldn't knock Marvel movies or even past DC movies to big this one up.
I'm more marvel than dc, minus superman, but i enjoy all comic book films and want them to succeed so we can get more.

Sweet, I may be late but I just read the music score has been confirmed to be Zimmer's work.

I think MOS will have something for most modern superman fans to enjoy. At the same time, it will lack the magic Donner's films had. Pretty much every comic movie today lacks that magic as well.

That magic is called "childhood nostalgia." We have rose-tinted glasses when thinking about the movies we loved as children. And no movie today, no matter how good, will ever top that in our eyes.

I spent years loving comics and wishing to see some of those epic scenes in movie-form. And then came the Spider Man movie. And then came Batman Begins. And then Iron Man! And then Captain America and Thor! And then Avengers holy crap! I've now seen movies that have captured the visual awesomeness and the core of the characters and stories of the comics.

I loved the Donner Superman movies when I was a kid. But as an adult looking back, I realize how much I forgave because those movies because they were honestly the only good superhero movies we had back then. But that's no longer the case. We're living in a golden age of superhero movies that put the Donner Superman movies to shame. And I'm so happy.

Despite the change in his red underwear, and despite not having the bright primary colors of a kindergarten, this Man of Steel movie really looks like it's going to capture the visual beauty, the awesome action, and the core of the character like no Superman movie or tv show has ever done in the past. I can't wait to see it in theaters.

The final bit with Lois and Supes and the badass punching made me think of the line "This is not your Daddy's Superman", which is maybe what they were going for if you think about it...

You think Superman is no longer relevant? "Excuse Me?"

Does this count as a spit-curl :awesome:

Trailer%20Clark.jpg

how can you say MOS will lack magic when you haven't even seen it yet?

I really hope I see this new trailer with Iron Man 3 in 8 days.

That's pretty much it. I can't stress enough how big of a deal it is to me to see Supes smiling and flirting with Lois. That went a long, long way. That and the amazing piano tune at the beginning - which, by the way, is the new theme, I take it, only piano-y? Good stuff.
ohhh thank god he is smiling. i was afraid that he will be depressed and sad until the ending . he is happy before . :woot:

of course it's easy as it's a major thing with superhero films especially. superman II effects felt more real. some of the effects in MOS trailer 3 are a bit dodgy. Its the really fast movement that makes him look cartoony.
Really? You thought that obvious greenscreen super dodgy wirework and painfully slow movements looked real? That Superman would move that slowly? The effects were fine for the times but are extremely dated now with the exception of some of the flying scenes.

lol!! Right!
Glad I'm not the only one.

:funny: Did you really just say that? In the old movies Superman never felt like Superman to me because it was obvious it was an actor due to the limitations of technology. So no it didn't in anyway feel more real because this is SUPERMAN! The fast movement in MOS doesn't look cartoony at all, it looks like Superman. He's one of the most powerful beings in the universe how do you think he's going to move? It always took me out of the experience when watching the old movies and seeing Superman move slower than an Olympic sprinter. I am someone who is very critical of bad CGI but I really didn't get a cartoony feel from the way Superman moved in the trailer at all. That's probably how it would look if you saw a ´´demi-God`` in battle with your very own eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCLi3_-iXHk

But look at this from the first film. effects are awesome and he is moving fast. what issue would you have with these?

WOW!!! after letting it all soak in after 15 hours I can say that was amazing! I have watched it many times now and each time the trailer seems to get better. Hans zimmer's score was pretty good, the one complaint I have with the entire trailer. Score is 7.5/10 (at my first few viewings) for me, but that is a super small sample (and it probably is not the theme). After repeated viewings, the score keeps growing on me. I can't believe we are this close! Trailer was breathtaking! can not wait for this movie!

Sweet, I may be late but I just read the music score has been confirmed to be Zimmer's work.
I've read that claim a lot, too. So far, they've all been baseless claims. Is your source any different?

That magic is called "childhood nostalgia." We have rose-tinted glasses when thinking about the movies we loved as children. And no movie today, no matter how good, will ever top that in our eyes.

This. I was 14 when I saw Superman 1 in the theater. While I enjoyed it well enough, hearing people talk about it from the perspective of watching it as a young child, well it's feels to me as if I watched a different movie.

We're living in a golden age of superhero movies that put the Donner Superman movies to shame. And I'm so happy.
I agree.

I can't wait to see it in theaters.
Me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"