All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wal-mart will be the location for advanced ticket sales beginning May 18, 2013 8AM (in your respective time zone,) for an EARLY screening of*Man of Steel*on June 13, 2013 at 7PM! Tickets will be for 2D and 3D, depending on the theaters in your area. This will be an in-store event.Wal-mart stores are still in the process of receiving the promotional info, but confirmation did come today from 3 different stores throughout the day. You can expect to hear more soon. Employees will have promo capes to wear, too! :)

Now I've never heard of Wal-Mart doing ticket sales but I do know that they do tons of movie promotion....I used to work there and we would promote the crap out of Harry Potter. But I'm hear this....

Wal-mart will be the location for advanced ticket sales beginning May 18, 2013 8AM (in your respective time zone,) for an EARLY screening of*Man of Steel*on June 13, 2013 at 7PM! Tickets will be for 2D and 3D, depending on the theaters in your area. This will be an in-store event.Wal-mart stores are still in the process of receiving the promotional info, but confirmation did come today from 3 different stores throughout the day. You can expect to hear more soon. Employees will have promo capes to wear, too! :)

it was on Superman Homepage but then they got it from the Fanpage that acts all high and mighty so I don't know how much faith you can put into it....

normally, when they(cinemas) will begin the advance sale?

ManofSteelWalmart_zpsdd07abae.jpg

Absolutely no doubt our first look at the new poster folks.

One of the character posters anyway. I expect them all in this style.

I'm not sure because it really varies from movie to movie here....

I need to see an advance preview in the UK otherwise I have to wait until June 15th

I know it's the magazine texture, but I seriously hope that this is a hand-painted poster. Not gonna happen, but it would be the cherry on the best milkshake.

That is an awesome poster 100% yes.

Again. For a character poster, indeed it would be awesome... But for a theatrical main movie poster - no ****ing way in hell! They better come up with something more creative and more original than that.

The more I watch the trailer, the more I realize how much I love the tone and the vibe I'm getting from the movie. Just the way everything looks and sounds... It's just unbelievable we're getting something like that.

Has everyone read this wonderful article:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62017

That is awesome. I've been having a lot of those feelings as well lately. If Man of Steel is a great movie, I have a strong feeling that the ideas bounced around in that editorial could result in it being a bigger hit than most of us are predicting. When things are really bad, people just want to believe that things will get better. They want to believe in hope and Superman is hope.

The more I watch the trailer, the more I realize how much I love the tone and the vibe I'm getting from the movie. Just the way everything looks and sounds... It's just unbelievable we're getting something like that.

Yeah, it seriously does all feel so surreal. Like when did I die and go to heaven? :D

That is awesome. I've been having a lot of those feelings as well lately. If Man of Steel is a great movie, I have a strong feeling that the ideas bounced around in that editorial could result in it being a bigger hit than most of us are predicting. When things are really bad, people just want to believe that things will get better. They want to believe in hope and Superman is hope.

Same. I felt a bit silly really, but everything i've been seeing on the news lately I can't help thinking 'I wish Superman was real, cause he could have stopped that :(' Especially the explosion in Texas. That fire would never have been burning long enough to explode if Superman had showed up and used his super breath to put it out...

I know that sounds incredibly childlike... but I can't help it :) I get sad that he's not real!

Last edited:
that sucks...I usually go to the midnight premiere but I'd much rather go at 7pm!

So have I, I think that would be avoid article for people who don't really care for Superman to read. A lot of them don't have the right idea of who Superman actually is as a character.

What do you mean IF ?! :argh:

:p

It's Snyder, his trailers are always awesome and he has a habit of messing things up, at least when it comes to my tastes. Also, as a Batman fan, I got burnt badly last year perhaps in part because of unrealistic expectations, so I'm trying to stay grounded when it comes to Man of Steel. :cwink:

Advance ticket sales? But I keep throwing money at the screen and nothing is happening!! :csad:

It's Snyder, his trailers are always awesome and he has a habit of messing things up, at least when it comes to my tastes. Also, as a Batman fan, I got burnt badly last year perhaps in part because of unrealistic expectations, so I'm trying to stay grounded when it comes to Man of Steel.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome this movie is. :word: :o

I need to see an advance preview in the UK otherwise I have to wait until June 15th

Yeah, an advanced screening is literally the only thing that would change my midnight plans.

I'd actually much prefer it, because if it wasn't so late then I could just get a coach/train home afterwards instead of paying through the nose for a hotel.

But I just need to see it the very second that I possibly can :D

Although it'd be a shame if I found options for an advanced screening, but it wasn't at an IMAX theatre... then i'd have a big decision to make :(

Advance ticket sales? But I keep throwing money at the screen and nothing is happening!! :csad:

I think you're missing the slot for dollar bills...do you see a place for debit or credit cards? if so try there.... :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"