All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
He means the early word on the film.

You know what other film had great early word.

Green_Lantern_Movie_Costume_002.jpg

Yeah I tend to wait for actual reviews...or you know, me actually watching the damn thing before I make any sweeping statements how good or bad anything will be...hands down that is.

Yeah I tend to wait for actual reviews...or you know, me actually watching the damn thing before I make any sweeping statements how good or bad anything will be...hands down that is.

Who gave that review CBM.

Saw the trailer before Iron Man 3. Man, the trailer just looks so much better on the big screen. Just beautiful. :up:

Believe me I really tried to like it but I don't support bad writing and throwaway villains, for the second IM film in a row.

Far enough to each his own. For what it's worth i did think the writing was leagues ahead of IM2, leagues ahead of any MCU film for that matter, but i understand what you mean about the villains it's the only real complaint that people have that i couldn't defend even if i tried. But then again...great on screen villains isn't really Marvel Studios forte so far is it.

I haven't seen the film so obviously I don't know if I will like it. I still think that the early word being encouraging is encouraging.

Thank You
No problem.:yay:

Umm a comedian is a reviewer, Australian Extra, Space Channel these ain't legit film reviews legit film reviewers were guys like Siskel & Ebert.:doh:

Oh yeah...my bad. So which legit reviewers gave the good word on Man of Steel again?

Oh yeah...my bad. So which legit reviewers gave the good word on Man of Steel again?

Nobody, I admit it. But from the screenings and people's reaction on Youtube for the 3rd trailer for MOS has been pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Funny thing is I don't even hate GL like the audience did. I didn't like it either. I'd watch it over stuff like Iron Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man and Superman Returns.

The early word was also good sometimes even great for Superman Returns and the reviews were good as well and yet I didn't like it. So yes early word can be b.s sometimes but you can begrudge and girl for being optimistic about a film, can you?

Nobody, I admit but it. But from the screenings and people's reaction on Youtube for the 3rd trailer for MOS has been pretty damn good.

look I'm not trying to kill your buzz or anything, believe me I want this film to be amazing as well but as far as "early word" goes...don't trust it, because it never usually pans out the way you think it will. Heck for a more recent example look at the early word for Iron Man 3 up till 3-4 days ago this film was widely considered the best in the Marvel repertoire (and thankfully in my case and many others it's true) but for others nothing could be futher from the truth. (DaRkVeNgeanCe for example)

Point being, no one knows for sure if this film is good, all we have it faith that Snyder has knocked it out of the park.

Funny thing is I don't even hate GL like the audience did. I didn't like it either. I'd watch it over stuff like Iron Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man and Superman Returns.

IM2, IM3 and Spiderman3 some of the worst superhero flicks out there with Batman & Robin and Superman Returns.

The early word was also good sometimes even great for Superman Returns and the reviews were good as well and yet I didn't like it. So yes early word can be b.s sometimes but you can begrudge and girl for being optimistic about a film, can you?

I wouldn't dream of it.

From the above article:
Robert Meyer Burnett (director of Free Enterprise) on Twitter: GREEN LANTERN ****ing ROCKED. The 3D was AWESOME. As a lifelong DC fan, the opening ten minutes made me squeal like schoolgirl. … Believe it. The first ten minutes will make you believe. The 3D is also outstanding. … GREEN LANTERN was terrific fun. The fact that it works at all is a miracle, but it really does cook. The first ten minutes sold me. … The 3D in the opening ten minutes is wonderful. But YOU MUST see it with polarized glasses. The color is great. … It’s not campy at all. The humor is earned. And Mark Strong as Sinestro was AWESOME. … I LOVED GREEN LANTERN. Don’t know why, but it kinda’ felt like THE LAST STARFIGHTER. I know…”Huh?!? What?!?” … it really did feel like an 80?s movie, circa ’84… Weird. … BTW…In LexG parlance…Blake Lively…LOOK AT HER. SMOOOOOKING hot.

HAHAHAHA

Gotta love early word delusions. I remember some early twitter reactionaries of TDKR calling it "Nolan's Best!!!", and "On par with the Godfather part 2!!!!".

I might go on a proper media blackout starting June, It was hard to do so for TDKR because i was obsessed with that film, but this film i can handle it. I'd rather not reviews unconsiously skew my opinion of a film.

That twitter account is hilarious I'm so glad you posted it Project!

I know I haven't seen it but it has to be better than the rubbish that they're trying to pass off for Iron Man 3.

I would not call it rubbish, despite its flaws, is still better than most cbm. Imagine if someone said Superman I is garbage because of Lex and his moronic assistants, the campiness, plot holes, nonsense, etc. I don't think IM3 has more flaws, but I digress.

I'm wondering if MOS will get a 90% and average rating of 8/10 minimum at RT. I think Clark's double identity could be problematic (not believable enough), even if Lois knows, Perry and co-workers not realizing CK and Superman are the same person makes them look like idiots with today's technology and contradicts the movie's more "realistic" approach.

I do have a feeling that MoS will be the easier film to like as far as critics are concerned, it does have the capacity to be more audience pleasing...due to the fact that it's an origin story and it's fresh and new. There aren't really that many risks they can take with the plot, other than slight modifications to the origin and even then all they need to do is have Superman do his thing and people will go crazy over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"