All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realized yesterday I'm a MOS-aholic :woot:

Anyway, I think now is the time to stop seeing new stuff before I really spoil the movie one footage too many. Have fun guys! I'll be back once I've watched the movie, and here's hope we will all be in heaven by that point :hrt:

Bye dude, I bet you'll find June 14th comes quicker since you won't be looking on the boards each day. Wonder who else will be going dark and taking a break from the forums before release :wow:

Thank you guys!!

Hope you enjoy the new poster :D

945506_533619070017386_1450598345_n.jpg

I like it, although I really want to see some villain posters and of course a Superman VS Zod poster.

They should have JJ Abrams direct a Green Lantern movie. I think they should have 3 characters established before JL. Batman is established whether they reboot him before or after the JL movie, everyone knows Batman. Superman will be established because of MOS and even without MOS people know Superman. Then I really think they should either have a Flash, GL, or WW movie before JL, and I think that a Green Lantern movie has the most potential of being a big box office hit IMO. Abrams seems to have a good grasp on the whole space/alien concept and I think he is a very talented dude. A good Green Lantern could do numbers, of course, good superhero movies in general can do good numbers, so WW and Flash could be hits too.

They do. Batman, Superman and Green Lantern. and neither Batman nor GL need a new origin film because their origins were already recently told, albeit, not in the same continuity. (as far as we know)

Blur and lens flares!! :p

I dig the perspective on that poster. They still are really overdoing it with the motion and radial blur effects.
The colors feel a bit washed out aswell

Meh, personally I prefer the two posters before this. I don't like this one at all.

Yessss Man if Steel TV spot just came on during the FA cup final :woot:

Edit: this is the first one I've seen on TV

I... like (maybe even love) the new poster. Simple. Quite beautiful. Flying into the sun. Dat cape. Best one of this new batch so far (the last one would have been better without the massive 'S').

Yessss Man if Steel TV spot just came on during the FA cup final :woot:

I was like what, I then realized you are in the UK and they showed nothing here in the States. :csad:

It's like they couldn't decide which design to pick as a poster and said f*** it, let's just release all of them! :oldrazz: :hehe:

But I would really like to see some good character posters. So many big names and awesome characters to feature. Hangover 3 has a chicken poster and a giraffe poster so I'll be pissed if we don't get a Jor-El and a Zod poster anytime soon. :funny:

The stretch blur on these posters is awful. Honestly I haven't seen a poster yet that I've liked for MOS. I feel like I could make these posters, and that's not a compliment - I suck with image manipulations.

The stretch blur on these posters is awful. Honestly I haven't seen a poster yet that I've liked for MOS. I feel like I could make these posters, and that's not a compliment - I suck with image manipulations.
I kind of agree sadly :csad: I do not like the blurry stretchy mess. It looks like a low quality fan made poster.

Remember when someone told us there was character posters like two months ago? Yeah...

Is that tubing on this shoulder? There's not normally something there is there, just the normal blue of the costume?

WB: We need something sucky.
Intern: Why?
WB: Because if something isn't flawed, this movie will be criticized with unbeatable hype, not allowing for our Justice League movie!
Intern: Why not a World's Finest flick?
WB: A what?
Intern: Nevermind
WB: We had a sucky teaser, a sucky lack of advertising for months, now we want to improve. We'll let Zack fill out his workload and give us some good trailers.
Intern: But you said..
WB: I KNOW!! SUCKY POSTERS that with shots from previous footage, with heavy grain, lens flair, and Superman doing nothing cool except flying around!
Intern: Sigh
WB: Now that we have our sucky element out of the way, we can give the fans some kewl tv spots, interviews, and images!

The worst thing about the poster is the cape.

Remember when someone told us there was character posters like two months ago? Yeah...

They were OKed by WB two months ago. I can back Pony Boy on that. Not sure why they decided to release them towards the tail end but its not uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"