All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather WB concentrate on a successful Superman franchise before diverting their attention towards JL or WF.

and, I'd rather they do some solo movies for the other characters, namely WW and Flash, before tackling an ensemble film with JL.

I would rather have stand-alone trilogies for each character.

Nope... I meant what I said. I know who they are. Semi joking as Batman and Superman are really the only well known characters and maybe Cyborg due to Teen Titans.

Also Batman may not be Bale and that will be a strike against it too.

Mate, you can think that, but JL is and frankly will always be the ultimate all-star team. Just because they haven't made it to film first means crap all. If Avengers had Wolverine and Spider-Man then it's more or a coin toss. But frankly even if the rest of the JL members out side the two icons (3 if you wanna throw in WW) were complete unknowns the shear fact Batman and Superman would be on film together is enough to be get people excited.

I'd rather WB concentrate on a successful Superman franchise before diverting their attention towards JL or WF.

and, I'd rather they do some solo movies for the other characters, namely WW and Flash, before tackling an ensemble film with JL.

Agreed; in a way, a part of me is hesitant to get overtly hyped about MOS because of the fear of the potential future regarding the franchise.

I'd like to see at least two MOS films where other heroes haven't been established in the world yet and like I posted about it in the "Amy Adams" thread, unless some of Superman's major supporting/lead characters are able to appear in JLA, or unless Snyder doesn't direct JLA and focuses on directing a sequel to MOS, then we won't be seeing any of them for a very long time.

It seems like Superman gets the short end of the stick in some way with any decision that is made.

Unless someone can make MOS 2 look as good as Snyder apparently did with MOS, then I personally wouldn't be up for it since the changes in style and visuals would be way too obvious.

And I think it's safe to say that one of the reasons why MOS looks so appealing for everyone was due to Sndyer's visual perception if the potential new director can't make it look as good then that's a step down in quality for Superman's franchise, thus in a way, screwing him over because of the JLA film.

IMO it would be a big mistake to not have Snyder do a potential MOS2. Even if they get him to do JL, I think priority would be to get him on MOS2. JL can have a whole new look and feel, it'd work, but if MOS2 has a complete different feel, it wouldn't be right. Don't mess this up WB, if MOS is as good as it looks, I'm going to be selfish, but we Superman fans deserve a good sequel if not trilogy. This happened before Donner > Lester.....

True, but the fact that they couldn't already find a way to make them look great on their own doesn't make it easier to trust that they'll somehow find a way now to do so.
Thats true. But there's always hope. Like the jump from batman and robin to batman begins

Mate, you can think that, but JL is and frankly will always be the ultimate all-star team. Just because they haven't made it to film first means crap all. If Avengers had Wolverine and Spider-Man then it's more or a coin toss. But frankly even if the rest of the JL members out side the two icons (3 if you wanna throw in WW) were complete unknowns the shear fact Batman and Superman would be on film together is enough to be get people excited.

It may get people excited... but the only thing that will save the film is good writing.

Just got an non- skippable MOS Gillette ad on youtube.

IMO it would be a big mistake to not have Snyder do a potential MOS2. Even if they get him to do JL, I think priority would be to get him on MOS2. JL can have a whole new look and feel, it'd work, but if MOS2 has a complete different feel, it wouldn't be right. Don't mess this up WB, if MOS is as good as it looks, I'm going to be selfish, but we Superman fans deserve a good sequel if not trilogy. This happened before Donner > Lester.....

If there is such a thing known as a Superman curse, it's the curse where no one director seemingly gets the ability to entirely direct two Superman films and I really hope that we're not going to relive another case of backstage B.S. that causes to put a dent in another Superman franchise, all due to the greed of the ones in charge.

Thats true. But there's always hope. Like the jump from batman and robin to batman begins

True, but it's still a pretty big gamble, one that I personally wouldn't risk putting a potentially great Superman at harms bay.

If I had to choose between Snyder directing MOS2 and Snyder directing JL, I'd go for JL. I mean, it's the Justice League. Doesn't get any bigger than that imo, and Snyder seems like the perfect person to handle it. Not sure if he'd still want to after directing MOS2, so I say strike while the iron is hot.

If I had to choose between Snyder directing MOS2 and Snyder directing JL, I'd go for JL. I mean, it's the Justice League. Doesn't get any bigger than that imo, and Snyder seems like the perfect person to handle it. Not sure if he'd still want to after directing MOS2, so I say strike while the iron is hot.

Then that make a lot of people's fears come to life since I don't think anyone at the moment could make MOS 2 look as good as MOS other than Snyder, making Superman's franchise take the hit (a unneeded one for that matter) and then there's the strong chance at the moment as well that JLA won't even be that great to begin with when it comes to story since there's been no evidence to say otherwise that Warner Bros has a good script in mind for the film.

So at the end of the day, Superman fans would be the one that were robbed of a lot of things, just for the sake of rushing the right people to do the wrong projects in hopes of getting more money.

Who says Snyder can't direct MOS 2 for 2016 and then do JL for 2017? Basically film them back to back.

Haven't had time to check any news today... have advanced reviews came out yet?

Why does Snyder have to direct Justice League? Let him finish what he's started with Superman.

Who says Snyder can't direct MOS 2 for 2016 and then do JL for 2017? Basically film them back to back.

Haha remember this place when Snyder was first announced. Now look at it. :woot:

1. Because the WB seem set on releasing a JL film in 2015, a year that's filling up with some major blockbusters.

2. There's no way that, imho, that Snyder could handle doing those two projects that close to each other. One of the projects, if not both, will suffer tremendously in quality.

Was just gonna' ask if there's been any reaction from the screenings yet, but Bran-El pretty much covered the request. :up:

Why does Snyder have to direct Justice League? Let him finish what he's started with Superman.

Agreed. At this point I'd much rather see a successful Superman film and a potential sequel before a JL film.

Wonder Woman is still a character that folks over Warner Bros. still haven't figured on how to present her to a modern day audience and the last time Green Lantern appeared (which was also his first time) left a bad taste in fans and audiences alike.

remember the Hulk left a bad taste in audiences mouths both times and was still well received in the avengers. not saying DC has to take every page out of marvel's book, but some wont hurt.

I agree. Let Snyder do Superman, someone else can tackle JL. JL can have a whole different visual feel to it and it won't matter, because its a whole new ballgame. If someone else directs MOS2, it'll feel like someone else directed it and disrupt what was built and setup in MOS.

JL is just on a whole other level compared to the idea of MOS2 for me. Personally, I'd rather see Snyder directing it than someone else. And if they're aiming for 2015, he's the best man for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"