All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
They showed the 3 min trailer (the entire 3 mins) on TNT a few mins ago.

This hype is getting super.

^ That's why a Wonder Woman movie is necessary first, to reinvent the character, like Bats was and Supes is going to be. I think if they just get these three right, the audience will be willing to accept the other superheroes by extension, ESPECIALLY if there is an origin within the JLA movie. Kind of like the New Frontier storyline.

Superman.... Batman.... An Olympian Woman with a lasso of truth, some Green Alien John Carter reject, A guy who talks to fish, Cyborg (maybe) .....

good luck

:cmad::cmad::cmad:

Oh you mean Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman? Along with the two biggest icons in comic book history? No luck needed my friend, that is the all star superhero line up.

If Man of Steel lives up to its expectations then frankly the sky is the limit for Justice League because with all due respect to the Avengers, the Justice League is the All-Star superhero line up.

BINGO....you nailed it

If you could choose your Top 3 moments, based on the trailers, you are most excited to see..what would they be?

Me?

1. Ma. Kent being choked, Clarks reaction.
2. Superman screaming in train station
3. Zod / Supes final fight.

1-The final showdown in Metropolis
2-Zod and Jor-El confrontation
3-Superman screaming in train station

If there is going to be an origin in the JL film, it should be Martian Manhunter's. It would be also be a great opportunity to use the White Martians.

Oh you mean Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman? Along with the two biggest icons in comic book history? No luck needed my friend, that is the all star superhero line up.

This :up:.

How dare you forget the Fastest Man Alive? :argh:

Well apparently neither Fox or Marvel haven't since they're fighting over the usage of their speed demon(s).lol

Even if MOS is a hit and people start growing anticipation for JLA, it won't really mean much imho if they don't have a solid story/script in mind, let alone cast and frankly, introducing potentially 4 to 5 new heroes within a film is a bit daunting of a task and if they were to get Zack to direct that, then that means we wouldn't get a MOS sequel directed by Zack until like 2018 and that's IF Zack isn't committed towards making another film before then and frankly, i can't see anyone really having as much luck in replicating the visual tone created by Zack.

So unless we get someone else to direct JLA, then we won't be getting a MOS sequel for quite awhile, unless someone else other than Zack directs MOS 2.

And unless they're able to get Amy to appear in JLA like how Pepper did for Avengers, that means that we won't be seeing Amy or any of MOS's supporting cast for quite awhile either.

In the end, would it all be worth it? My answer for this is: HELL NO.lol

If you could choose your Top 3 moments, based on the trailers, you are most excited to see..what would they be?

Here goes:

1. Clark's upbringing and emotional journey (and I want it to be nice and long, so that there's a feeling of victory when he puts on the costume for the first time).
2. Krypton and its mythology.

The Lois romance I want to be done right, but we've seen way too many Superman movies spend way too much time on it. We can have "plain Kent" in the sequel. Ditto for the Daily Planet.

Yes it is worth it.

I wish I could view the matter in the same light.:csad:

Frankly, I just want a solid MOS franchise before 2020 arrives but with the JLA looming around the horizon, that won't be happening unless plans changes.

It kind of sucks at the thought of the possibility of Superman's franchise having to take a halt (somewhat) due to the JLA films.

Nope... I meant what I said. I know who they are. Semi joking as Batman and Superman are really the only well known characters and maybe Cyborg due to Teen Titans.

Also Batman may not be Bale and that will be a strike against it too.

If Man of Steel lives up to its expectations then frankly the sky is the limit for Justice League because with all due respect to the Avengers, the Justice League is the All-Star superhero line up.
Huge marvel and avengers fan, but i agree. Batman, superman, the flash, wonderwoman, green lantern? Heck yes thats huge. Thats big money. lol

Well apparently neither Fox or Marvel haven't since they're fighting over the usage of their speed demon(s).lol

Even if MOS is a hit and people start growing anticipation for JLA, it won't really mean much imho if they don't have a solid story/script in mind, let alone cast and frankly, introducing potentially 4 to 5 new heroes within a film is a bit daunting of a task and if they were to get Zack to direct that, then that means we wouldn't get a MOS sequel directed by Zack until like 2018 and that's IF Zack isn't committed towards making another film before then and frankly, i can't see anyone really having as much luck in replicating the visual tone created by Zack.

So unless we get someone else to direct JLA, then we won't be getting a MOS sequel for quite awhile, unless someone else other than Zack directs MOS 2.

And unless they're able to get Amy to appear in JLA like how Pepper did for Avengers, that means that we won't be seeing Amy or any of MOS's supporting cast for quite awhile either.

In the end, would it all be worth it? My answer for this is: HELL NO.lol
yes itd be worth it. Someone else could direct man of steel 2

Nope... I meant what I said. I know who they are. Semi joking as Batman and Superman are really the only well known characters and maybe Cyborg due to Teen Titans.

Even without Bale... its Batman. Wonder woman, the flash, green lantern, and aquaman are all pretty well know in pop culture also.

Wonder Woman is still a character that folks over Warner Bros. still haven't figured on how to present her to a modern day audience and the last time Green Lantern appeared (which was also his first time) left a bad taste in fans and audiences alike.

Me?

1. My #1 far and above anything else is all the time spent on Krypton, I am most excited to see what this version is like.

2. Final showdown of course

3. Clark first donning the suit.

yes itd be worth it. Someone else could direct man of steel 2

Unless someone can make MOS 2 look as good as Snyder apparently did with MOS, then I personally wouldn't be up for it since the changes in style and visuals would be way too obvious.

And I think it's safe to say that one of the reasons why MOS looks so appealing for everyone was due to Sndyer's visual perception if the potential new director can't make it look as good then that's a step down in quality for Superman's franchise, thus in a way, screwing him over because of the JLA film.

Me?

That's actually what I'm looking forward to as well. Real teasing they did by putting those in the trailer.
Maybe with the addition of some famous Clark/Lois scenes.

Unless someone can make MOS 2 look as good as Snyder apparently did with MOS, then I personally wouldn't be up for it since the changes in style and visuals would be way too obvious.

And I think it's safe to say that one of the reasons why MOS looks so appealing for everyone was due to Sndyer's visual perception if the potential new director can't make it look as good then that's a step down in quality for Superman's franchise, thus in a way, screwing him over because of the JLA film.

Yeah, its going to be like Star Trek 3, you're going to notice Abrams didnt make it.

Not a problem. Batman is far bigger than Bale. Batman alone can draw people into theatres, especially if we get the Prep Time "Batgod" of the comics. That would be a win with the general audience.

Wonder Woman is still a character that folks over Warner Bros. still haven't figured on how to present her to a modern day audience and the last time Green Lantern appeared (which was also his first time) left a bad taste in fans and audiences alike.
But if WB can pull it off and make WW and GL both look great and have great actors playing them, then the popularity of the characters will do the rest. Whether theyve been successful in the past doesnt change the fact that the characters are very popular and recognizable. And id wager that most of the general audience doesnt even remember that ww show that didnt even have a pilot released

Not a problem. Batman is far bigger than Bale. Batman alone can draw people into theatres, especially if we get the Prep Time "Batgod" of the comics. That would be a win with the general audience.
Reminds me that im so excited to see a batman who is great at martial arts

But if WB can pull it off and make WW and GL both look great and have great actors playing them, then the popularity of the characters will do the rest. Whether theyve been successful in the past doesnt change the fact that the characters are very popular and recognizable. And id wager that most of the general audience doesnt even remember that ww show that didnt even have a pilot released

True, but the fact that they couldn't already find a way to make them look great on their own doesn't make it easier to trust that they'll somehow find a way now to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"