All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jor-El.....

....is like furby... alive but not real?!

images

Wow... Read a spoiler from that first link that I wish I wouldn't have read... Do not look at it unless you want a major spoiler...
There's nothing in there that hasn't been previously reported or speculated with high degree of certainty.

I'm no expert in regards to Superman's villains, but I'd much prefer a more intimate personal villain for the second one as opposed to outright expanding everything. That's what made TDK such a great counterpart to Batman Begins, it's scale was magnified towards Gotham city, rather than expanded to include larger and more dangerous external forces with more faraway settings.

If the scout ship is 18,000+ years old, it was sent long before Jor-El was alive. There would be no way that Jor-El is a hologram in the scout ship, with knowledge of Kal-El and the demise of Krypton.

I'm no expert in regards to Superman's villains, but I'd much prefer a more intimate personal villain for the second one as opposed to outright expanding everything. That's what made TDK such a great counterpart to Batman Begins, it's scale was magnified towards Gotham city, rather than expanded to include larger and more dangerous external forces with more faraway settings.

I agree. And the Joker wasn't as much of a physical threat to Batman as Ras was. Lex shouldn't be as much of a physical threat to Superman as Zod was. It ups the ante when Superman has to figure out a way to defeat the villain that isn't just "punch him as hard as I can".

If the scout ship is 18,000+ years old, it was sent long before Jor-El was alive. There would be no way that Jor-El is a hologram in the scout ship, with knowledge of Kal-El and the demise of Krypton.

that's because the Jor-El hologram program is probably not stored in the FOS but in that necklace key-stick thing that Clark wears around his neck.

Clark then probably plugs that key into a console in the FOS, and that activates the hologram and perhaps also the FOS itself.

Some day, I will upload myself to a USB stick and make my son wear it round his neck also. 16gb should do it, I'm not that smart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless there's some sort of Kryptonian internet...or USB port.

Exactly. It's like Whedon has said about the Avengers 2 about scaling it back a bit and delving more into the personal conflicts of the characters. I frankly just want to see the Superman/Lois relationship development, as well as how he is perceived by everyone on Earth.

This is all the sequel needs:
lexluthor-mos-rumors.jpg

So the environmental suit Superman wears can repair itself? and probably doesn't remain intact under his civil clothes?

That's my guess.

maybe Jor -El Placed an AI in Kal -El's ship that can only be fully activated by other kryptonian tech , like that which is contained in the scout ship.

Unless there's some sort of Kryptonian internet...or USB port.
The "hologram" shows up on the scout ship and in the black zero. I guess it's possible that (a) the small stick carried by Clark was encoded by Jor-El with his memories and (b) if he's on any random Kryptonian ship, the hologram can appear.

Kind of a poorly conceived, if not convenient, plot device.

Edit: Just saw this post:

that's because the Jor-El hologram program is probably not stored in the FOS but in that necklace key-stick thing that Clark wears around his neck.

Clark then probably plugs that key into a console in the FOS, and that activates the hologram and perhaps also the FOS itself.
As I said, Jor-El also shows up on the Black Zero. He could have plugged the key into the BZ, thus causing Jor-El to appear, but that seems a little contrived.

Between Routh and Reynolds, it doesn't be to be the first casting in a WB cbm it seems.
Even bale is about to be "rebooted" for the main event.

The "hologram" shows up on the scout ship and in the black zero. I guess it's possible that (a) the small stick carried by Clark was encoded by Jor-El with his memories and (b) if he's on any random Kryptonian ship, the hologram can appear.

As I said, Jor-El also shows up on the Black Zero. He could have plugged the key into the BZ, thus causing Jor-El to appear, but that seems a little contrived.
It could be a proximity thing where once the key is inside a Kryptonian structure it interfaces wirelessly and can project it's contents being the Jor-El hologram.

Or maybe a living Jor El plants the AI on the Black Zero when it's still on Krypton (for obvious reasons) or maybe it's just on there because he's the AI 'warden' of the prison ship. It makes the internet leap to the FOS once it's near Earth.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one to notice the continuity error here (hint:the sky):

tumblr_mnn1sgWaT71rfv1sjo1_250.gif

tumblr_mnn1sgWaT71rfv1sjo6_250.gif

It doesn't matter though. It looks great so who cares!

I'm confused. The idea that Jor-El would send something with his son to help him learn about where he came from and who he is has been in almost all origin stories. And it usually is him giving the information (Birthright is the only exception I can think of).

Or is it the idea that he can carry around a small storage device that he can plug into any Kryptonian computer to access the information? Cause that's a USB flash drive. We have that.

So how is the idea that Jor-El doing what he has always done in a way that makes sense be contrived? He likely knew or suspected the scout ship had crashed on Earth (he does seem to be aware of the effects on Kryptonian physiology). Or maybe Kal-El's ship has the ability to access the information but it can't be hardwired into the ship.

So how is this contrived?

I can't be the only one to notice the continuity error here (hint:the sky):

tumblr_mnn1sgWaT71rfv1sjo1_250.gif

tumblr_mnn1sgWaT71rfv1sjo6_250.gif

It doesn't matter though. It looks great so who cares!
He's not standing in the same place...and clouds move quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"