All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I totally saw the movie. The effects are good, Metropolis is destroyed, and Superman punches stuff. :o

Take it with a grain of salt, another IMDB review.

Sorry it took awhile guys I've been at work and just now getting my lunch break! Keep in mind I'm 19 and no writer by any stretch so don't judge me to harshly please!

Okay I'm still unsure about the whole spolier aspect of things, but I have gotten a few pm that would like info so I will probably answer questions like that. It's so hard for me to put this into words and also try not to spoil anything for everyone, and get myself in trouble lol. Well it's a pretty basic origin story, I don't find the plot to be way overly complicated. There is a small Nolan feel to the movie. If you were a fan of Begins I think you will like this, but it has 10 times more action and amazing visuals!

They spend a good amount of time on Krypton setting things up and explaining that side of the origin. I have heard someone say it reminds them of JJ Star Trek, but I don't agree with that. I think it looks more like a mix of Promethus and John Carter, but in a good way., if that makes any sense at all lol. I won't say to much about it in my review and save it for any spoiler questions. This movie is a lot more alien and science fiction than you would think, in certain parts at least.

It's very much a story of hope! Which is pretty much the way that you should go with Superman. There isn't much of any bumbling, glasses wearing Clark in this, well a scene or two lol. This is the story of Ka-el first and foremost. Being different but at the same time having to also endure all of thr worlds human problems. You can relate so much with this Clark! He's not rich like most of us, he works hard his whole life, he's bullied and teased in school.. He's pretty much one of us lol. At the same time he has deal with all these new powers and realizations that he's nothing like us at all. Cavill does an amazing job conveying Clark's feelings in just his eyes and facial expressions. The action is great, but the middle of the movie and Clark going up is where it shines for me! His scenes with pa Kent are beautiful to watch. You can feel the love and emotions between them. I wish Kevin Costner would have had more screen time, he's my second favorite preformence in the movie behind Cavill.

I'm not a huge Russelle Crowe fan so I won't say much about him. I'm probably not the best person to comment on him or judge his acting abilities. He is in the movie for a surprising amount of time. I guess he does a good job with the role as well. Also trying not to spoil thing here.

Like I said in my last post my only negatives would be some of the character delopment and some down right crappy writing. Most of the movie is great and fledged out wonderfully, but if I was going to nit pick anything it would have to Louis in this. I did not like the way she was written at all. I'm a huge Louis fan as well! They play up the romance in the trailers a bit but its lacking for the most part. I still can't put my finger on it but something was off about her. The performance by Amy Adams is fine I think it's all in the way she was written. If you go into this expecting those scenes to he amazing you will probably be let down. Everyone else is fine in their roles, although not much scene time is given or much to chew on acting wise for the rest.. This is very much a superman movie and that's what they focus on and do very well with.

Zod! Well I think he's a crazy SOB lol. IMHO though I believe there was some over acting going on here lol. Again I'm probably not the best person to judge his acting style and he was serviceable in the role as well. He was very well written and he's more than just the averages throw away villain. He has great chemistry with Cavill and those are the scenes were he shined the most.. Again just my opinion guys! I think you will really like where they go with him. I'm trying my best not to spoil to much. He does use all his powers just like Superman and he does eventually fly.. I doubt that's a spoiler?

Action, action, action!!! If this movie was judged solely on the action it would be considered the greatest movie in the history of the world! They do things we've never seen Superman do in live action and it is freaking amazing! Think animated movies Superman if you want to get anywhere close to an idea of what you are in for. If you can ever remember sitting around watching an animated movie of Superman and he's cannon balling Darkseid into a building or heat vision blasting his ass to kingdom come and saying to yourself "man I wish we could get a live action movie like this" well you got it!! Avengers times three!

I hope I didn't seem like I disliked the movie. This an amazing re telling of Supermans origin! I loved every second of it! If you go in looking to nit pick there are certainly things you will find. It's not a perfect movie, but it's certainly a really really good movie! I know this review is very vague, but I want to keep it as spoiler free as possible as to not get in trouble. I'm freaking out over the things that I signed :/ pm for spoilers and I will get to you when I can, thanks for reading I have to get back to work lol.

9/10 for sure!

Awesome Irish fantastic stuff :up:

Take it with a grain of salt, another IMDB review.

Sorry it took awhile guys I've been at work and just now getting my lunch break! Keep in mind I'm 19 and no writer by any stretch so don't judge me to harshly please!

Okay I'm still unsure about the whole spolier aspect of things, but I have gotten a few pm that would like info so I will probably answer questions like that. It's so hard for me to put this into words and also try not to spoil anything for everyone, and get myself in trouble lol. Well it's a pretty basic origin story, I don't find the plot to be way overly complicated. There is a small Nolan feel to the movie. If you were a fan of Begins I think you will like this, but it has 10 times more action and amazing visuals!

They spend a good amount of time on Krypton setting things up and explaining that side of the origin. I have heard someone say it reminds them of JJ Star Trek, but I don't agree with that. I think it looks more like a mix of Promethus and John Carter, but in a good way., if that makes any sense at all lol. I won't say to much about it in my review and save it for any spoiler questions. This movie is a lot more alien and science fiction than you would think, in certain parts at least.

It's very much a story of hope! Which is pretty much the way that you should go with Superman. There isn't much of any bumbling, glasses wearing Clark in this, well a scene or two lol. This is the story of Ka-el first and foremost. Being different but at the same time having to also endure all of thr worlds human problems. You can relate so much with this Clark! He's not rich like most of us, he works hard his whole life, he's bullied and teased in school.. He's pretty much one of us lol. At the same time he has deal with all these new powers and realizations that he's nothing like us at all. Cavill does an amazing job conveying Clark's feelings in just his eyes and facial expressions. The action is great, but the middle of the movie and Clark going up is where it shines for me! His scenes with pa Kent are beautiful to watch. You can feel the love and emotions between them. I wish Kevin Costner would have had more screen time, he's my second favorite preformence in the movie behind Cavill.

I'm not a huge Russelle Crowe fan so I won't say much about him. I'm probably not the best person to comment on him or judge his acting abilities. He is in the movie for a surprising amount of time. I guess he does a good job with the role as well. Also trying not to spoil thing here.

Like I said in my last post my only negatives would be some of the character delopment and some down right crappy writing. Most of the movie is great and fledged out wonderfully, but if I was going to nit pick anything it would have to Louis in this. I did not like the way she was written at all. I'm a huge Louis fan as well! They play up the romance in the trailers a bit but its lacking for the most part. I still can't put my finger on it but something was off about her. The performance by Amy Adams is fine I think it's all in the way she was written. If you go into this expecting those scenes to he amazing you will probably be let down. Everyone else is fine in their roles, although not much scene time is given or much to chew on acting wise for the rest.. This is very much a superman movie and that's what they focus on and do very well with.

Zod! Well I think he's a crazy SOB lol. IMHO though I believe there was some over acting going on here lol. Again I'm probably not the best person to judge his acting style and he was serviceable in the role as well. He was very well written and he's more than just the averages throw away villain. He has great chemistry with Cavill and those are the scenes were he shined the most.. Again just my opinion guys! I think you will really like where they go with him. I'm trying my best not to spoil to much. He does use all his powers just like Superman and he does eventually fly.. I doubt that's a spoiler?

Action, action, action!!! If this movie was judged solely on the action it would be considered the greatest movie in the history of the world! They do things we've never seen Superman do in live action and it is freaking amazing! Think animated movies Superman if you want to get anywhere close to an idea of what you are in for. If you can ever remember sitting around watching an animated movie of Superman and he's cannon balling Darkseid into a building or heat vision blasting his ass to kingdom come and saying to yourself "man I wish we could get a live action movie like this" well you got it!! Avengers times three!

I hope I didn't seem like I disliked the movie. This an amazing re telling of Supermans origin! I loved every second of it! If you go in looking to nit pick there are certainly things you will find. It's not a perfect movie, but it's certainly a really really good movie! I know this review is very vague, but I want to keep it as spoiler free as possible as to not get in trouble. I'm freaking out over the things that I signed :/ pm for spoilers and I will get to you when I can, thanks for reading I have to get back to work lol.

9/10 for sure!

Another review that reveals nothing, you just can't be sure whose telling n the truth or not.

So I just saw on the manofsteel.com page they have a funny little typo in the videos section...."YOUR ARE NOT ALONE" hahaha

:doh: Wow, people on IMDB believe that that Nolan's Batman and MOS are in the same universe!

Bit OT, just re-watching Take Shelter again, I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, if you want your Michael Shannon fix till MoS.

Man of Steel Publicity Special

[YT]cXr_WuA7iNg[/YT]

From that guy who posted those two pics of Supes and Zod, lol.

I'm not so sure I trust that review especially since he/she said that Zod eventually flies, when it looks like that late into the movie, he just has advanced super-jumping skills (based on Superman-Zod collision gif). Plus it sort of contradicts Goyer's "the longer you're in the sun, the more powers you get" idea, especially if flying takes you 10+ years to get.

On top of that, it's extremely vague.

"I have a duty to my people and I will not allow anyone to prevent from carrying it out."

So, the embargo for this is lifted on June 10, right? How do you guys feel about that date? Is it a good or a bad sign? I know that when the embargo is lifted the day before the release, it usually means the movie sucks, so at least reviews will be out almost a full week before MOS comes out. Are embargoes usually lifted around that time for big studio films, or is it normally the week before?

"I have a duty to my people and I will not allow anyone to prevent from carrying it out."

I seriously got goosebumps when I saw that bit of footage. And Clark walking towards the TV playing Zod's warning.

[YT]cXr_WuA7iNg[/YT]

Wow.. this is amazing.. thanks for posting... has more footage than all the tv spots / trailers combined...

Lot's of bits of great footage towards the end of that video. Moments between characters, dialogue, exactly what was missing so far. I'm super pumped right now!

This is an abomination.

Real reviews will be coming out on our around the 10th. Don't we also have a couple posters who are seeing it early? I am seeing it the 11th. These IMDB reviews are merely here for comedy relief.

Man, if this film doesn't deliver... I prefer not to think about this.

[YT]cXr_WuA7iNg[/YT]

tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_500.gif

This movie can't be anything less than great. It just can't. It's impossible!

This is an abomination.

Real reviews will be coming out on our around the 10th. Don't we also have a couple posters who are seeing it early? I am seeing it the 11th. These IMDB reviews are merely here for comedy relief.

Wow your lucky, will you be giving a review?

'What can I say, I get writers block when i'm not wearing a flak jacket'

:D

That footage was awesome!

[YT]cXr_WuA7iNg[/YT]

:wow: INCREDIBLE!

I can't wait for this film so much, that was just WW and it's confirmed
Lois knows Clark is Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"