BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Snyder,

Make this **** happen.

ibb2ibWYHSYMHV.gif

This is sexy. Goddamn.

You just know Snyder is a fan of the games. :BA

Episode 2 of Gotham was another fairly solid effort. Though I do wonder how long the series can last since its essentially trading upon the popularity of Batman without actually giving the viewers Batman.

Well, Smallville did it for ten seasons. I'm not comparing the two quality wise, but Smallville's success shows that such a formula can succeed.

Any influence BvS Batman takes from Arkham Batman is a very positive one. Especially when it comes to beating the crap out of people.

.... so when's a trailer going to come since the film won't arrive until March of 2016? Thanksgiving 2015?

Going to guess that the first teaser will most likely be with Avengers 2, first full length trailer with Mockingjay part 2, second full length trailer with Star Wars 7 and Nokia trailer 2-3 weeks before release with Deadpool or WarCraft.

MoS had the first teaser in July and the first and second full length trailers in December and April, so this would follow roughly the same pattern.

Well, Smallville did it for ten seasons. I'm not comparing the two quality wise, but Smallville's success shows that such a formula can succeed.

True, but Smallville at least had the main character growing into his powers and starting to discover who'd he ultimately become - the character we know and love. Gotham on the other hand focuses on the city itself and the early days of the characters that support and act as antagonists for Bruce/Batman, but its pretty much garenteed (unless they skip ahead multiple years per season) that we wont see Bruce become Batman. Even a 10 year run would only put the actor at like 22 or so. Just my opinion. I like the show though!

True, but Smallville at least had the main character growing into his powers and starting to discover who'd he ultimately become - the character we know and love. Gotham on the other hand focuses on the city itself and the early days of the characters that support and act as antagonists for Bruce/Batman, but its pretty much garenteed (unless they skip ahead multiple years per season) that we wont see Bruce become Batman. Even a 10 year run would only put the actor at like 22 or so. Just my opinion. I like the show though!

What age does Bruce go on his travels? Did he go to Uni or just left?

The Music Meister is confirmed to be in Lego Batman 3. Okay, this is officially a day one purchase for me.

I'm guessing April 3rd with Fast 7 is when you'll see the teaser. If not then, May 1st with Avengers.

Anyone watching "Daily Show"? Ben Affleck is the guest today. Jon Stewart asks him about BvS and says "Superman will beat Batman" and Affleck has this WTF reaction.

When the BvS actors, especially Cavil and Ben, start to promote BvS, it'll be fun to watch. :hehe:

Anyone watching "Daily Show"? Ben Affleck is the guest today. Jon Stewart asks him about BvS and says "Superman will beat Batman" and Affleck has this WTF reaction.

3880651-1174301533-25190.jpg

"Thanks For Your Help"

:Fire:

That's my favorite one.
Mine too. I like how prominent the finale of MOS is going to be. That alone gives the whole BvS film a solid foundation to build upon. Lex and Bruce being uneasy, but ultimately approaching the issue from different angles. And the theme of the public being scared and Superman finding his place in the world.

I'm guessing April 3rd with Fast 7 is when you'll see the teaser. If not then, May 1st with Avengers.
Hey Showtime, have you heard anything regarding Badass Digest's rumors about Lex and Doomsday being the villains? With Doomsday being a deformed clone of Zod that was recovered by Lexcorp

I believe it, i think that's how the movie will shape up.

Affleck said the movie is going to steal from the best, I think this is going to be based on Death of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns. Sounds awesome.

The finale seems like it's going to be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman vs Doomsday, culminating with Superman's death

Affleck said the movie is going to steal from the best, I think this is going to be based on Death of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns. Sounds awesome.

The finale seems like it's going to be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman vs Doomsday, culminating with Superman's death
I think this will probably eventuate, as well. Superman dying for the people would also go a way in silencing the arguments made by the protesters.

Hey Showtime, have you heard anything regarding Badass Digest's rumors about Lex and Doomsday being the villains? With Doomsday being a deformed clone of Zod that was recovered by Lexcorp

I believe it, i think that's how the movie will shape up.

Jesus this again...there is zero evidence that any of that is true. Even more, if they are going to "steal from the best" why would they then completely bastardize the Doomsday plot when there are actual villains who have been created by Lex that work better than Doomsday anyways?

If the rumor is true (and I doubt it is) I think it is ridiculous and sounds terrible. It is the second worst rumor behind the "Superman Fakes His Death And Goes Into Exile" rumor.

I thought we were done with this rumor after the fake script fiasco...Faraci has no sources when it comes to WB movies. (which is why the rumor died in August FYI)

edit: Superman is not going to die. Please for the love of Zod stop propagating that rumor. You dont kill him before Justice League and you certainly dont kill him when no one has any reason to care if he dies. It would be stupid and weightless because he hasnt been around long enough for anyone to care. DOS works because Superman had been saving the world for YEARS...this Superman has done it once and half the people seem to hate him for it. If they do that dumb idea I guarantee it will fall flat and Justice League will be a disaster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"