BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the second episode was much better. I didn't care for the Frank Whaley character and his partner in crime, though.

Just got a chance to see Gotham Episode 2. Loved seeing young Bruce listening to thrash metal and drawing dark stuff...interesting!

I'm not a fan of the unrealistic flying/gliding that was popularized due to Christopher Nolan Batman films. I much prefer the comic's/Batman the Animated Series style grappling hook swinging.

I disagree, the idea of accurately shooting a grappling hook into a surface that will support a beefcake like Bruce while swinging is a bit more out there. Plus that's Spider-Man's thing. He's slender and uses sticky webbing so it makes more sense. AND its not gliding it's falling with style.

That didn't sound like thrash metal to me, more like metalcore, which i personally can't stand.

I found young Bruce 'testing' himself interesting. I guess we'll keep getting snippets of Bruce developing a tolerance towards dangerous things.

That didn't sound like thrash metal to me, more like metalcore, which i personally can't stand.

Ha- sorry, guess I'm not up on my metal music categories :oldrazz:

Either way, it seemed too dark for a young normal kid to be listening to IMO. Played well for the development of the character though. Bruce is definitely starting to internalize his anger and the roots of Batman are already starting to take hold a bit.

Young Selina was pretty good as well. I like how the dog barked at her (for obvious reasons) during the scene where all the kids were being forced onto the buses.

Ha- sorry, guess I'm not up on my metal music categories :oldrazz:

Either way, it seemed too dark for a young normal kid to be listening to IMO. Played well for the development of the character though. Bruce is definitely starting to internalize his anger and the roots of Batman are already starting to take hold a bit.

I loved the moment where Bruce eavesdrops on a conversation between Alfred and Jim. Kinda similar to a certain Dark Knight...

Young Selina was pretty good as well. I like how the dog barked at her (for obvious reasons) during the scene where all the kids were being forced onto the buses.

Episode 2 of Gotham was another fairly solid effort. Though I do wonder how long the series can last since its essentially trading upon the popularity of Batman without actually giving the viewers Batman.

I think he was just scribbling disturbing images as a reflection of his damaged psyche.

Let's just hope that his psyche doesn't get so damaged that he would have to see Chase Meridian and sleep with a creepy doll.
6386593_std.jpg

Ah, yes. That makes much more sense than what I was thinking. I was wondering since when
Superman started sneaking up on people.

I'm not a fan of the unrealistic flying/gliding that was popularized due to Christopher Nolan Batman films. I much prefer the comic's/Batman the Animated Series style grappling hook swinging.
Whether you like seeing it in a movie or not, it's always fun during gameplay for travel and attacks.

.... so when's a trailer going to come since the film won't arrive until March of 2016? Thanksgiving 2015?

LOL! I was gonna come post the same thing. That scene was really shocking at first, but I think it makes sense for modern Bruce to listen to metalcore. I always thought Bruce would listen to some dark classical music or some ****.

and i used to hate metalcore like a year ago, but i found some really good guitar driven melodic stuff in that genre, and lately it's been just about my favorite genre.. for metal, i used to only listen to Pantera, but there is good metalcore imo.

[YT]8WVG13W8e8o[/YT]
[YT]78LJyOUMrD8[/YT]
[YT]J82lPsWA1v4[/YT]
[YT]ICI1XTjKgCQ[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members