BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman-vs-Superman-Ben-Affleck-Costume.jpg

Nearly there guys thread 100 and then we get Affleck in Batman costume pic.

Watchmen was a pretty bad movie. Mishandled the big character moments, awkwardly paced, goofy tone, it was a pure surface adaptation that didn't adapt any of the real meaningful backbone from the book.

I couldn't disagree more with this comment, especially in regard to the tone, which is actually the epitome of dark and serious.

I couldn't disagree more with this comment, especially in regard to the tone, which is actually the epitome of dark and serious.

Over the top action and violence, over use of slo-mo, impossible wire-fu from characters who are supposed to be totally normal humans (and in one case overweight and out of shape), and a super cliche pop song soundtrack are the epitome of dark and serious?

That's what happens when you confuse pessimism with skepticism.

Funny, seeing as how I haven't done that.

If you guys disagree with me, that's fine. But the "he's just being a pessimist" thing is kind of silly.

Guardians of the Galaxy was written by James Gunn...who did not do a big budget sci-fi movie before and Nichole Perlman who has no movie credits before that...

just because someone hasn't done something before doesn't mean they can't do it

I also love the set up from Brainiac. Brainiac heard that message in the ship Kal-El was in that sent Zod to Earth.

GODDAMN IT EH MAYBE, IF YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!!!

Guardians of the Galaxy was written by James Gunn…who did not do a big budget sci-fi movie before and Nichole Perlman who has no movie credits before that…

James Gunn had genre experience before Guardians, like The Specials, Dawn of the Dead, and Slither. He was very much used to having to make silly ideas seem credible. Hardly a good comparison.

just because someone hasn't done something before doesn't mean they can't do it

Never said that. All I said was that there's no reason to assume that Terrior will definitely without question knock it out of the park with this film, because his past writing credits wouldn't have prepared him for a flick like this.

Wow the Suicide Squad rumor sucks. Probably fake. No Deathstroke? With how DC has been using Deathstroke and pushing him the past couple of years and to not have him on the Suicide Squad?

I'll call ******** on that.

I also love the set up from Brainiac. Brainiac heard that message in the ship Kal-El was in that sent Zod to Earth.

GODDAMN IT EH MAYBE, IF YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!!!

I don't believe it.

I mean there are really only 5 options and Brainiac is one of them. Not really a scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"