BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 96

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the clips I've seen of Gotham make me think it'll be average, but watchable.

I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully I will love it as much as I did Smallville.

It is interesting how they've named the Penguin's boss 'Fish'.

We all know what Penguin's eat.

I don't care that much about Batman's supporting cast and villains, so I'll probably skip watching Gotham.

I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully I will love it as much as I did Smallville.

Didn't like Smallville personally.

I might do what I do with Arrow and download the occasional episode that has a cameo in it, just to see how they handle them.

Not really.

It's just so bland. They had a chance to do something interesting with a cop comforting a child who'd just seen his parents brutally murdered and they go into the cliche "I know how you feel" crap.

The scene between Gordon and Child Bruce in Begins was subtle and real, Gordon had no idea what to do, because who would? He just puts his coat on the boy and tells him everything will be alright, when you can tell that he doesn't really believe what he's saying.

Subtle and well written, way than that ham-fisted scene I just watched.

It's just so bland. They had a chance to do something interesting with a cop comforting a child who'd just seen his parents brutally murdered and they go into the cliche "I know how you feel" crap.

The scene between Gordon and Child Bruce in Begins was subtle and real, Gordon had no idea what to do, because who would? He just puts his coat on the boy and tells him everything will be alright, when you can tell that he doesn't really believe what he's saying.
I guess that line was unnecessary, but they want to focus more on Gordon in this show than they do in regular Batman story, this is the story of Jimmy, it's natural to see him given something more than the shorter discussion in a movie focusing on Batman.

the early 2000's kid in me will always love smallville

I kinda stopped watching in the later seasons but I caught the last episode, totally worth it.

God love you SMALLVILLE fans. I watched the first few episodes and knew by the 7th or 8th that the show was not going to be for me, and thus I had to wait until JLU to find Superman product on TV that satisfied me. I know what was stated by the creators, but I am sorry... If I had watched that whole series only to get some cheap ass, terrible CGI finale of Welling NOT being in the suit... I'd be out for blood. I DON'T CARE WHAT WAS STATED ABOUT THE SHOW. No matter what anyone says, the expectation was to by the end of the show SEE WELLING AS SUPERMAN. So the show will always have two strikes against it for me. Even when I would dip in for a few episodes in a given season just to see what was going on, I just couldn't find it anything above mediocre outside of Michael R. as Lex and Glover as his dad. On top of that, you didn't even give the fans what in their heart of hearts they wanted after all the years they kept this thing on air? Yeah... The average SMALLVILLE fan is made of sterner stuff than I.

God love you SMALLVILLE fans. I watched the first few episodes and knew by the 7th or 8th that the show was not going to be for me, and thus I had to wait until JLU to find Superman product on TV that satisfied me. I know what was stated by the creators, but I am sorry... If I had watched that whole series only to get some cheap ass, terrible CGI finale of Welling NOT being in the suit... I'd be out for blood. I DON'T CARE WHAT WAS STATED ABOUT THE SHOW. No matter what anyone says, the expectation was to by the end of the show SEE WELLING AS SUPERMAN. So the show will always have two strikes against it for me. Even when I would dip in for a few episodes in a given season just to see what was going on, I just couldn't find it anything above mediocre outside of Michael R. as Lex and Glover as his dad. On top of that, you didn't even give the fans what in their heart of hearts they wanted after all the years they kept this thing on air? Yeah... The average SMALLVILLE fan is made of sterner stuff than I.

I liked a few episodes of the Smallville, but I didn't realyl watch anything past the second season. I think the best episodes were the one where he got heat vision and the one with Christopher Reeve. Aside from that I remember most episodes being a freak of the week formula, which was just Buffy without the good writing.

Ugh that dialogue was seriously cringe-inducing. :csad:

Gotham will be an interesting experiment because its relying upon the Batman brand without giving us Batman. Instead it revolves around cops. One of the key questions is how the series will treat the characters, their journey. Also hopefully some of the characters break out of their one-note roles and there is an improvement upon the dialogue as the series progresses.

Im not really a Smallville fan but i really liked Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor and John Glover as his dad. I always watched when they were in an episode, and i also liked Phil Morris as The Martian Manhunter.

Oh, and the Justice Society Of America episodes were cool. Wesley Dodds Sandman looked so cool! :word:

Yeah that was kinda bad. Bullock was good though what little we see of him. Just not feeling this Gordon and now I get the feeling they're making it so that he is the one planting the idea of Batman in Bruces head with his "There will be light" speech. Who talks like that ??

I'll watch the first few episodes though.

Yeah that was kinda bad. Bullock was good though what little we see of him. Just not feeling this Gordon and now I get the feeling they're making it so that he is the one planting the idea of Batman in Bruces head with his "There will be light" speech. Who talks like that ??

I'll watch the first few episodes though.

A young idealistic cop would...

I enjoyed Smallville for most of it. A lot of it was quite good, the first few seasons, Brainiac, Davis Bloome, etc were fun. More enjoyable than say, Agents of Shield or Justice League Unlimited.

My interest really petered out in seasons 9 and 10 though.

I liked a few episodes of the Smallville, but I didn't realyl watch anything past the second season. I think the best episodes were the one where he got heat vision and the one with Christopher Reeve. Aside from that I remember most episodes being a freak of the week formula, which was just Buffy without the good writing.

Smallville was a poor man's Buffy for the most part, but poor man's Buffy is still more enjoyable than most of what's on TV.

You liking the heat vision episode with Krista Allen makes you naughty.

I'd rather watch Justice League Unlimited than Smallville.

Smallville just never held my interest. Michael Rosenbaum was the best thing about that show.

Disagree a whole lot. I've seen noting "cringe-worthy" about anything I've seen from Gotham yet, and I did have my doubts about it at first. Very much looking forward to it now.

I haven't re-watched a single episode of Smallville since the finale, and I was a loyal viewer.

The only Smallville episode I've ever seen is that first appearance of Aquaman. That's it.

I used to race home from soccer practice just so I could catch Smallville on time. Missing an episode was my idea of disgrace. Then the sucky 4th season rolled around, we stopped being able to afford cable and the show and I cut ties for good. Good times, though. The season finales were always a blast.

Maybe it's me but I never found the idea of Smallville interesting. Stories on Clark before he's Superman? I mean that doesn't overly interest me. I didn't like how Clark faced Metallio and Brainiac and Lex before he was Supers.

Now some may say the same about Gotham but the reason Gotham interests me is because of Gordon and Bullock. I loved Bullock in BTAS and Logue looks great. I hope it isn't too Bruce centered though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"