BvS Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you think someone not finding a person you find attractive an attractive person is automatically an insult and automatically deserves ridicule says more about you than me. God forbid someone doesn't think Cavill is beautiful or there will be serious problems; then again apparently some who think Henry has a receding hairline have been run off.

God forbid is right. A lot of posters take any negative reactions to any part of the superman mythos as a personal insult. I find the insecurities really irrational.

I ersonally find amy adams very sexy. I remember thinking so when she showed up on the office abd in small ville and I did not know who the actress was at the time.

Also, I want to see more classic Daily Planet newsroom interactions between the two as well:

tumblr_muqxqov8RL1s3s22so1_250.gif
tumblr_muqxqov8RL1s3s22so2_250.gif

tumblr_muqxqov8RL1s3s22so4_250.gif
tumblr_muqxqov8RL1s3s22so3_250.gif

tumblr_muqxqov8RL1s3s22so6_250.gif
tumblr_muqxqov8RL1s3s22so5_250.gif

tumblr_muqxqov8RL1s3s22so7_250.gif
tumblr_muqxqov8RL1s3s22so8_r1_250.gif

Interestingly enough, I know quite a few folks who thought that the last scene between them in the film at the DP was either cute or sweet due to the chemistry and exchange between the characters. I remember seeing some people next to me even smiling from having seen that moment in theaters.

I've mostly come across positive things in regards to the DP scene. Though there are those who ask how he got the job; I personally don't mostly think about it, just focus on how cute Henry looked and that great line about coming to the planet :wink wink nod nod:

It's actually a great new twist to the whole "Wink Wink Nod" thing that Clark Kent would do whenever talking with Lois, who would be in the dark regarding his secret identity as Superman, where now Lois is on secret whereas everyone else isn't, thus they create this little facade in order to protect it.

Also, I want to see more classic Daily Planet newsroom interactions between the two as well:

Interestingly enough, I know quite a few folks who thought that the last scene between them in the film at the DP was either cute or sweet due to the chemistry and exchange between the characters. I remember seeing some people next to me even smiling from having seen that moment in theaters.
me too. nice screen caps btw.
i wanna see sparks between them. i mean to see them be amused by the different views they have on things.

It's always the same people who revert to insults when people don't think like them.

Audrey how many times do I have to tell u I do not read your manuscripts, I assume you are writing to hear yourself speak or to others who think exactly like you.
Lois was a blind fan girl towards the Blur in season 9 and all the hero's in s10. Anyone who even raised any doubts about their motives and actions was shut down and usually ignore by her. That is mostly the writers fault and their stupid anti government agenda they had.

As for Lois' aging I don't believe I ever said Superman's love for Lois depends on her looks, but knowin ur history in this board you have a tendency to assume other posters motives and ideas and what they are saying. I don't think Lois should be older or look older than Superman; if you want to call me shallow or say you feel sorry for me, I really don't give a crap.

But Lois is not older than Superman. She does not look older than him. Amy Adams is older than Henry Cavill, but that does not tell us Lois is older than Superman. As it is they cast Cavill at least 4 years older than he was, so they may have cast Adams younger.

Terri Hatcher is older than Dean Cain, yet in LnC, Clark was a year-and-a-half older than Lois. He landed on earth over a year before she was born. True, the age difference between Hatcher and Cain was less than between Cavill and Adams, but the point is actor age is not the same as character age.

I get what you are saying I think. Did you want Lois in MOS to be like she was as well as physically standing up for herself and helping Superman more? I do remember Lois in LnC flipping somebody in a subway. In another episode she had to take kryptonite out his chest.
I can't recall similar situations in TAS but I might just be having a brain fart.

I was perfectly happy with Lois in MOS. I think my main point is that Lois is not always the same. I have not watched much of S:TAS, but I remember one scene where there is a guy who is fighting Superman to a standstill, so Lois grabs I think a metal pipe and joins in.

how would it be classic? Considering [blackout]lois knows who clark is superman, because of that, you will miss alot of the classic Clark/Lois you probably were hoping for before the movie[/blackout]

Audrey how many times do I have to tell u I do not read your manuscripts, I assume you are writing to hear yourself speak or to others who think exactly like you.

No, I write because I like these things called "facts." I think "facts" are important and enjoyable and essential to a quality discussion and debate.

I'm so sorry you don't bother reading my posts though that continually correct you with....facts. I'm a good writer. Your loss!

As for Lois' aging I don't believe I ever said Superman's love for Lois depends on her looks, but knowin ur history in this board you have a tendency to assume other posters motives and ideas and what they are saying. I don't think Lois should be older or look older than Superman; if you want to call me shallow or say you feel sorry for me, I really don't give a crap.

LOL No, you just repeatedly and obsessively focus on an actresses' age and physical appearance as if it's the most important thing in the world. I can't imagine why anyone would ever get the impression that you think love is dependent on age and looks. Where would anyone get that idea?

No one has to assume anything about you, honey. You do a fabulous job of telling everyone exactly who you are.

So you just keep on making your obsessive comments about beauty and age and pretending that you don't read my posts. (That's cute.) I'll keep feeling sorry for you because that's such a sad thing to obsess over both in fictional narratives and in real life. Everyone wins! :)

G

I ersonally find amy adams very sexy. I remember thinking so when she showed up on the office abd in small ville and I did not know who the actress was at the time.

She was super cute on The Office.

Last edited:

I know there is a leaked copy of the Bly-Ray out there but I'm trying to be patient and wait for my (legal) copy that I pre-ordered from Amazon.

It's hard though when I see these gifs.

Szetsilya and Audrey, the two of you need to put each other on ignore, and move on.

Is there a desire to see Lois Lane pregnant in the narrative or do people want to avoid that arc?

Personally I dig the idea of seeing that dynamic, but I recognise that a lot of people hate it.

I'm not a big fan of the kid arcs....

Yeah, a lot of people hate kid arcs. I don't know that parenting arcs are intrinsically boring ... I think it might be that a lot of TV shows have their characters become parents once they have run out of ideas. It might also be something more fundamental, maybe it's simply that directors can't control kids the way they can control adults.

I would have liked to see some scenes of Diane Lane with a baby in MoS.

There have been several wonderful stories told about Lois and Clark's children.

There was an excellent run in the comics prior to the new 52 where Lois and Clark adopted a child. He was the biological son of Zod but came to recognize Lois and Clark as his true mother and father. It was arc that was, imo, cut short way too quickly and had tons of wasted potential.

There is also a rather lovely one shot narrative called "Son of Superman" that takes place in the future about Lois and Clark's son, Jonathan Kent.

Kurt Busiek's Secret Identity is a beautiful AU story about an alternate Clark Kent and Lois with two twin daughters. It's a gorgeous story about marriage, parenthood and family.

Most interestingly, Kurt Busiek revealed a while back that he had outlined a story a few years ago that was going to be focused on Lois and Clark's children in the future. In particular, he was going to focus on their youngest child----the only one of their children who did NOT have superpowers. I think the idea was that all of their children had inherited Clark's powers save one---one of them was essentially human. The story was going to follow that child and explore what it meant for that child to live in the shadow of Superman as the mortal child. Fascinating stuff. So sad that we never got to see that story.

Children, like marriage, require better writers and too often are given to mediocre writers.

Yeah, a lot of people hate kid arcs. I don't know that parenting arcs are intrinsically boring ... I think it might be that a lot of TV shows have their characters become parents once they have run out of ideas. It might also be something more fundamental, maybe it's simply that directors can't control kids the way they can control adults.

I would have liked to see some scenes of Diane Lane with a baby in MoS.

I really think it comes back more to the idea that some writers are just lazy.

Writing marriages and families requires work. It requires better writing that cannot constantly fall back on the same tired tropes that have been recycled over and over again for centuries. It requires actual thought and creativity and maturity about different stages of life.

Nothing is intrinsically boring. There have been many beautiful stories told about marriage and children across all genres. But it requires BETTER writers. GREAT writers. Not just ok writers.

Would I like Lois and Clark to be parents? Yes. At some point down the road. I don't need to see it in a film right now. But I wouldn't mind knowing it happens eventually.

If Lois and Clark existed in the Star Trek universe, they would undoubtedly have a child as the concept of "alien/human" children was so intensely popular in that universe.

I really think it comes back more to the idea that some writers are just lazy.

Writing marriages and families requires work. It requires better writing that cannot constantly fall back on the same tired tropes that have been recycled over and over again for centuries. It requires actual thought and creativity and maturity about different stages of life.

Nothing is intrinsically boring. There have been many beautiful stories told about marriage and children across all genres. But it requires BETTER writers. GREAT writers. Not just ok writers.

Would I like Lois and Clark to be parents? Yes. At some point down the road. I don't need to see it in a film right now. But I wouldn't mind knowing it happens eventually.

If Lois and Clark existed in the Star Trek universe, they would undoubtedly have a child as the concept of "alien/human" children was so intensely popular in that universe.

I see it as a potential perk of Goyer accelerating the Clois relationship's development.

For people who want to see children arcs done well, I recommend the show Six Feet Under.

I'm not sure why the parenting dynamic requires better writers in and of itself... I think all fundamental relationships require good writers, from first love to siblings to everything in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"