BvS Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it as a potential perk of Goyer accelerating the Clois relationship's development.

For people who want to see children arcs done well, I recommend the show Six Feet Under.

I'm not sure why the parenting dynamic requires better writers in and of itself... I think all fundamental relationships require good writers, from first love to siblings to everything in between.

It requires better writers because there are less cliched tropes to fall back on. Less cheats.

For centuries, narratives have followed certain formulas. That's why we are often told that it's "hard" to write narratives about married couples vs. the concept of falling in love. Well, it is harder. But one of the reasons it's harder is because for years and years we got stories where women were basically treated as the "prize" that the dude wins at the end of the story so all of these cheats and short cuts about how you tell that kind of story became part of our collective consciousness. So when writers have to break out of that box and go in a different direction they find that the "cheats" they have relied on for years and years to create drama and conflict are no longer available to them.

That's why I say it requires better writers. Because it does. It requires writers who are willing to look beyond the "cheats" and short cuts of drama and look deeper.

tumblr_muz9eaCBcV1qeyjtso1_250.gif
tumblr_muz9eaCBcV1qeyjtso2_250.gif
tumblr_muz9eaCBcV1qeyjtso4_250.gif
tumblr_muz9eaCBcV1qeyjtso3_250.gif

thanks for the screen caps. Amy definitely look young and great.

btw, do you wanna see Lois fight in BVS?

I don't know about anyone else, but I strongly feel that when it comes to the development between Lois and Clark's relationship in the previous film, it was definitely a case of Quality over quantity.

Heck, Peter and MJ share more scenes together in the first Spider-Man film, and I can honestly say that I still feel that Lois and Clark came off as more authentic and a worthwhile relationship to invest in than Peter's and MJ's.

I really hope that Snyder, Goyer, or Warner Bros. doesn't screw this up. I think this relationship is definitely one of the more maturest relationships of a comic book couple portrayed on film so far.

tumblr_muw79lR9b11qgr036o1_250.gif
tumblr_muw79lR9b11qgr036o2_250.gif

tumblr_muw79lR9b11qgr036o3_250.gif
tumblr_muw79lR9b11qgr036o4_250.gif

tumblr_muw79lR9b11qgr036o5_250.gif
tumblr_muw79lR9b11qgr036o6_250.gif

tumblr_muw79lR9b11qgr036o7_r1_250.gif
tumblr_muw79lR9b11qgr036o8_250.gif

tumblr_muw79lR9b11qgr036o9_250.gif
tumblr_muw79lR9b11qgr036o10_250.gif

I don't know about anyone else, but I strongly feel that when it comes to the development between Lois and Clark's relationship in the previous film, it was definitely a case of Quality over quantity.

Heck, Peter and MJ share more scenes together in the first Spider-Man film, and I can honestly say that I still feel that Lois and Clark came off as more authentic and a worthwhile relationship to invest in than Peter's and MJ's.

I really hope that Snyder, Goyer, or Warner Bros. doesn't screw this up. I think this relationship is definitely one of the more maturest relationships of a comic book couple portrayed on film so far.

yeah agreed. for me the best couple ever plasmed..

It helps that Lois was written well, as where her interactions with Clark (my only complaint is that I wanted a couple more scenes with the two together, but its not a huge deal). MJ was written HORRIBLY in the Raimi trilogy, it was an insult to her character. Hopefully, Marc Webb will do better.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say seeing them in real life I think Henry and Amy actually have more chemistry as Henry and Amy than as Clark and Lois! Which is sad in my opinion.

They seem to have a genuine spark in real life, similar to comic book Clark and Lois, which they just didn't have in the movie.

And yes, I would like to see Lois kick butt in the next movie. She needs to show she can fight just as good as Superman. ;)

Yes, it was a similar deal with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone in TASM, and we now know that they are "close" in real life.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say seeing them in real life I think Henry and Amy actually have more chemistry as Henry and Amy than as Clark and Lois! Which is sad in my opinion.

They seem to have a genuine spark in real life, similar to comic book Clark and Lois, which they just didn't have in the movie.

And yes, I would like to see Lois kick butt in the next movie. She needs to show she can fight just as good as Superman. ;)

Lois vs Mercy Graves. If there is one pointless fight that should happen, this is it :D

Yes, it was a similar deal with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone in TASM, and we now know that they are "close" in real life.

I kind of thought they did have lots of chemistry in my opinion. And I guess the difference with their relationship is that it's mostly a first love/ teen lust/ crush kind of relationship, it's not an adult, grown up relationship yet because Peter has not yet taken responsibility and they are still in school.

However, Clark and Lois is supposed to be a grown up, adult, established relationship. I mean we're assuming these people are going to get married since they normally do. I feel like it all happened too fast to be able to say whether they was much romantic chemistry or not. It's fair enough if others think the two had lots of chemistry, but I myself didn't see it, apart from perhaps two scenes and it's something which needs to be worked on for the next film.

I agree that they had chemistry, that was my point.

indeed. it was done nicely and tastefully. they actually took time to develop their relationship and didn't take it for granted like in STM and SR.

I always wonder why would superman fall in love with Lois in STM and SR. what's more, when they ain't particular beautiful and smart.

Is there a desire to see Lois Lane pregnant in the narrative or do people want to avoid that arc?

Personally I dig the idea of seeing that dynamic, but I recognise that a lot of people hate it.

In theory I have no problem with Lois and Clark getting married and then her getting pregnant. In practice, I doubt they would ever get that far. It is a frontier that has never really been crossed in any live action role of Lois, and I am not sure portrayal of pregnant Lois has really occurred in other roles either outside of fan-fiction. Still, I am not holding my breath.

There have been several wonderful stories told about Lois and Clark's children.

There was an excellent run in the comics prior to the new 52 where Lois and Clark adopted a child. He was the biological son of Zod but came to recognize Lois and Clark as his true mother and father. It was arc that was, imo, cut short way too quickly and had tons of wasted potential.

There is also a rather lovely one shot narrative called "Son of Superman" that takes place in the future about Lois and Clark's son, Jonathan Kent.

Kurt Busiek's Secret Identity is a beautiful AU story about an alternate Clark Kent and Lois with two twin daughters. It's a gorgeous story about marriage, parenthood and family.

Most interestingly, Kurt Busiek revealed a while back that he had outlined a story a few years ago that was going to be focused on Lois and Clark's children in the future. In particular, he was going to focus on their youngest child----the only one of their children who did NOT have superpowers. I think the idea was that all of their children had inherited Clark's powers save one---one of them was essentially human. The story was going to follow that child and explore what it meant for that child to live in the shadow of Superman as the mortal child. Fascinating stuff. So sad that we never got to see that story.

Children, like marriage, require better writers and too often are given to mediocre writers.

I hope DC changes its mind and goes with making this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"