BvS Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory I have no problem with Lois and Clark getting married and then her getting pregnant. In practice, I doubt they would ever get that far. It is a frontier that has never really been crossed in any live action role of Lois, and I am not sure portrayal of pregnant Lois has really occurred in other roles either outside of fan-fiction. Still, I am not holding my breath.

Umm...that's not true. LOL

Lois Lane getting pregnant with Superman's child was the basis of a multi-million dollar Superman property. Little movie called Superman Returns?

And THAT is why you won't see it again in this franchise. Because they did it the WRONG way with Superman Returns and botched it.

(Spoiler alert! Superman is the baby daddy!)

Are all of these pics from the "yet to be released" DVD?

Are all of these pics from the "yet to be released" DVD?

I think MOS was released and shipped to some people S already some countries apparently get it earlier than we do in the US.

Umm...that's not true. LOL

Lois Lane getting pregnant with Superman's child was the basis of a multi-million dollar Superman property. Little movie called Superman Returns?

And THAT is why you won't see it again in this franchise. Because they did it the WRONG way with Superman Returns and botched it.

(Spoiler alert! Superman is the baby daddy!)

But they never showed a pregnant Lois Lane, let alone a Lois Lane who is pregnant with support from her husband Clark. You are probably right though, the negative reception of Superman Returns killed that idea for the next 30 years.

Why do we wanna see a pregnant lois lane??? Same goes to a pregnant snow white or a pregnant cinderella. It hasn't done before, mostly because it's a bad idea.

But they never showed a pregnant Lois Lane, let alone a Lois Lane who is pregnant with support from her husband Clark. You are probably right though, the negative reception of Superman Returns killed that idea for the next 30 years.

I didn't particularly mind the kid in SR. I thought it was neat when:
- Lex tried to harm with him kryptonite, and it didn't work;
- The kid threw the piano across the room;
- Lois tried to get her son to help her open a door, but he refused, presumably because he was scared;

Anyway, the other reason we won't see a pregnant Lois is that the franchise is moving towards team-up films. After Batman vs Superman, there will likely a Justice League movie and possibly even a second Justice League movie before we see another solo Superman film. It is the nature of team-up storylines that characters like Jim Gordon, Alfred Pennyworth, Lois Lane, Martha Kent, Carol Ferris, Steve Trevor, etc etc etc end up disappearing.

For a good example, check out the mediocre cartoon "Justice League: The Animated Series". I've been watching it, the situation is even worse than Lois Lane disappearing... Clark Kent disappears as a character. He never shows up in the first 1.5 seasons except for a brief dream sequence, only Superman shows up. It's why these team-ups are awful, the human halves of the characters disappear.

Last edited:
Why do we wanna see a pregnant lois lane??? Same goes to a pregnant snow white or a pregnant cinderella. It hasn't done before, mostly because it's a bad idea.

There have been a huge number of pregnant storylines across various media. Pregnant Snow White has actually been done by the way, in the decently rated and (imo) well-written show Once Upon a Time, and actually many of the best Snow White scenes are those of Snow White as a mother. Further, the show Lois and Clark was going to go with Lois and Clark as parents in their fifth season, but they got canceled. We see the baby show up in the season 4 finale. I for one am curious where they would have gone with it.

Magic pregnancy storylines are a big deal:
http://io9.com/the-most-ridiculous-mystical-pregnancies-in-fiction-1444515141
Even MoS has a magic pregnancy storyline, an inverted one so to speak, as Kal-El is the first Kryptonian child in a 1000 years to originate from a good **** rather than from a test tube. One of the foundational documents of our culture, the New Testament, is all about a magic pregnancy, a virgin birth.

Though I'm not saying that a magical pregnancy is necessary to a Lois Lane pregnancy storyline. They could even have a normal kid.

I'm not even saying I necessarily want to see a pregnant Lois Lane storyline, but I'm saying it's possible I could enjoy it, I'm not sure, it's not obvious. I think it's a legitimate option and I hope that Goyer and Snyder at least consider it.

It can add a different side to the characters that we have not seen on screen before. Given that Goyer has gone for a completely different take on the Clois relationship, one where they rapidly become a couple (in most interpretations it takes some time), they might as well consider taking advantage, and showing us the later relationship stages.

As an example, in Lois and Clark season 4, there were several fun plot points involving pregnancy. First of all, they had to deal with the uncertainty that they did not know if they could even have a kid. We saw Lois cry when she learned she could not have a kid, and Clark held her and said to her "I'm sorry, I always swore I would never make you cry" [paraphrased]. Second, Lois was having nightmares about having superbabies and having no idea how to deal with them. This adds a lot of humanity to the characters, and it's a fun thought-experiment. As another example, the excellent animated movie All-Star Superman ends with a redeemed Lex Luthor giving Superman a potion that will allow him to have children with Lois, which is actually my favourite ending of any Superman movie.

Last edited:
I understand. But the youngsters dictate the market. Don't think the pregnant / parenting superhero storyline will resonate will them much. Especially when u want the movie to do huge.

I understand. But the youngsters dictate the market. Don't think the pregnant / parenting superhero storyline will resonate will them much. Especially when u want the movie to do huge.

Hard to argue with that, but ...

This is the demographic pyramid of the USA:
pyramid-US-Obama-1jlhtxe.gif

The demographic bulge known as Generation Y, born 1980-1994, is getting a little older, and in the short-to-medium term we can expect a shift in market demand to more stories catering to people in their late 20s and 30s.

The Market I mean is the cinema ticket purchase power.

She looks like an older, healthier Lindsay Lohan there.

Yeah, I think that's a compliment too. It's the drugs that make her look a lot worse.

Yep. She used to be really pretty before she hit rock bottom.

I thought she was the hottest actress in mean girls.

Ten years later? Definitely amanda seyfried.

seem like they were having great fun doing the interrogation scene.
btw, the scene of Lois being interrogated before superman arrived, was it filmed? is it in the DVD?

Amy would've looked even prettier in the interrogation scene had it not been for the color palette.

they have to change the color palette for BvsS. The MoS palette was taking alot of color out, which was wierd

She looked pretty pale in the scene as did Cavill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"