BvS Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_my05tjD1WH1qeyjtso1_500.gif

tumblr_my05tjD1WH1qeyjtso2_500.gif

I wish I was her.

I mean 'him'. I wish I was him. Not her. Him. Oh crap.

As long as it doesn't turn into a Marvel movie I'm fine with more laughs.

I just don't think that DC is going for standard popcorn fare with these films for what ever reason. MARVEL is gonna always make more family friendly, wider appealing projects that are lighter in tone.

I just don't think that DC is going for standard popcorn fare with these films for what ever reason. MARVEL is gonna always make more family friendly, wider appealing projects that are lighter in tone.
Funny because that wasn't what they were going for with The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 1. Although flawed TIH had a balance and made a very good effort to do the character justice. Iron Man is perfection, i don't know why they changed direction.

My comment isn't a Marvel v DC thing because I dig both.

I just think Marvel has their tone that works for them and I dig many of their films but there is a such a thing as too much comedy and I think there has been too much in their last 3 films. I just think that DC should have their own tone because I don't like everything to be the same and that tone should be less jokey. The tone doesn't have to be as dark as Man of Steel but I don't want this film or a proper JL film to be Avengers light.

I understand that some will misinterpret my comments but I explained it the best I could so that's those people's problem.

If the film only had some more time, I would have loved seeing the cast from the Daily Planet setting increased, with us being able to see some classic newsroom interactions between everyone, especially with Clark, Lois, Jimmy, and Perry going over a story and such.

If the film only had some more time, I would have loved seeing the cast from the Daily Planet setting increased, with us being able to see some classic newsroom interactions between everyone, especially with Clark, Lois, Jimmy, and Perry going over a story and such.

who's to say we won't get that? It's easy you could have a scene early on where Lois,Clark and Perry with Jenny are doing just that exactly.

They brought back Perry, there is going to be some Daily Planet action.

who's to say we won't get that? It's easy you could have a scene early on where Lois,Clark and Perry with Jenny are doing just that exactly.

They brought back Perry, there is going to be some Daily Planet action.

true, though I feel like it wouldn't be the same without a character like Jimmy in the mix.lol

I'm actually hoping that we get to see Lois develop somewhat of a friendship with Wonder Woman, seeing as how we've never really seen the character have any real female friends within past films.

My comment isn't a Marvel v DC thing because I dig both.

I just think Marvel has their tone that works for them and I dig many of their films but there is a such a thing as too much comedy and I think there has been too much in their last 3 films. I just think that DC should have their own tone because I don't like everything to be the same and that tone should be less jokey. The tone doesn't have to be as dark as Man of Steel but I don't want this film or a proper JL film to be Avengers light.

I understand that some will misinterpret my comments but I explained it the best I could so that's those people's problem.

Really, the tone of IM1 is PERFECT. Gritty and with an underlying sense of realism, but with humor sprinkled throughout and an antagonist one can root for. Though I think a Superman/Batman co-op movie should have a more Avengersesque tone :word:

I don't think a JL movie can be dark and uber serious nor do I want it to be but I don't want it to have an Avengers like tone. Avengers is a cotton candy movie, there is nothing there beyond the fun of seeing the team up.

Funny because that wasn't what they were going for with The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 1. Although flawed TIH had a balance and made a very good effort to do the character justice. Iron Man is perfection, i don't know why they changed direction.

I think TIH is criminally underrated. It's one of my favorite Marvel films.

I don't think a JL movie can be dark and uber serious nor do I want it to be but I don't want it to have an Avengers like tone. Avengers is a cotton candy movie, there is nothing there beyond the fun of seeing the team up.

I want the JL to be on the serious side, but some of the lead ups to be fun and lighthearted (ie.a flash movie, MOS sequels, parts of the WW movie)

Also, I think the JL sequels should be "softer."

I want JL to be the film that Marvel wouldn't make now, but World's Finest to be the one that it COULD have made :word:

I wish I was her.

I mean 'him'. I wish I was him. Not her. Him. Oh crap.
Too late! It's already other there...lol :woot:
I think TIH is criminally underrated. It's one of my favorite Marvel films.
Agreed.

Meh...I don't want DC movies to have the same tone as Marvel. I like what they going, but I'd like more humor. I'm just not sure how they would do it. For my two cents, I like a lot of adult humor and quips, but that may not work in a PG-13 movie.

Last edited:
Though I think a Superman/Batman co-op movie should have a more Avengersesque tone :word:

I can respect your opinion and I know many like Avenger's tone, but I would hate that. Please, no. I want to feel like something meaningful and epic is unfolding.

I can respect your opinion and I know many like Avenger's tone, but I would hate that. Please, no. I want to feel like something meaningful and epic is unfolding.
Yeah I would hate it as well but The Avengers made 1.5 billion so I think we are in the minority on not wanting JL to have that tone.

I just want them to show more of the mundane or human side of their lives. remind us that they are still regular folks with emotion who laugh and enjoy their time. Just lighten up the mood abit and have more natural conversations rather than constant monologues telling us how 'important' the movie we're watching is.

I just want them to show more of the mundane or human side of their lives. remind us that they are still regular folks with emotion who laugh and enjoy their time. Just lighten up the mood abit and have more natural conversations rather than constant monologues telling us how 'important' the movie we're watching is.
:up:

Yeah I would hate it as well but The Avengers made 1.5 billion so I think we are in the minority on not wanting JL to have that tone.

Yeah, we probably are the minority. And that worries me. If DC changes their tone, there will only be fluffy, kiddy CBMs and I won't have a reason to get excited about them. I couldn't care less about Age of Ultron.

And I think there can still be lighter/humorous scenes in DC movies and sometimes there already is. They can show Lois and Clark joking/laughing at the DP, but also keep it dramatic with the battle scenes, etc. A movie can have ups and downs. There is no need to change the entire tone. Keep it dramatic and serious, with lighter scenes where appropriate, instead of having it light all the time like Avengers.

I don't think you are guys are in the minority. Avengers and some of the humor is very childish and I think most feel that way too, but that humor fits. You expect gags and silly humor in a Marvel movie. For me the trick is how to incorporate some moments of lightness in a film like MOS. There are a lot of big themes and serious consequences and the way they are portrayed makes almost any sort of humor seem out of place.

I think the ones who want JL to be like TA in tone are the ones in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"