BvS Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed.

Heck, I'm wondering on whatever happened to Audrey here since I know that she had voiced her dislike at the idea of Wonder Woman being in this film before we got the announcement of Gal's casting, and truth be told, I really enjoyed reading her insightful posts.

But I'm hoping that Gal's gets the same type of billing that Antje got.

If I had it my way, this is how I'd bill the confirmed stars that we have now..

1. Henry Cavil
2. Amy Adams
3. Ben Affleck
4. Gal Gadot
5. Diane Lane
6. Lawrence Fishburne

7. With the "And" part going to (hopefully) JP who will portray Lex Luther

That seems about right. Henry and Amy should be the top 2 in every Superman movie from now on.

I don't know how people will be billed and while I'm routing for Gal, Amy is my number one. She's the bigger star here and to be honest, although I liked some versions of WW, I will never like her as much as Lois. Lois is my favorite female character and to see her short-changed for "the perfect amazon beauty" would be so, so annoying.

it's all stuff that plays out in contracts...Brando and Hackman were billed over Reeve in the first Superman movie.

it's all stuff that plays out in contracts...Brando and Hackman were billed over Reeve in the first Superman movie.

It's not so much "billing" I worry about, but screen time and promotion. If I must choose between the WW show or the Lois show, give me the Lois show any day. And of course, I'm worried about Cavill's screen time too.

It's not so much "billing" I worry about, but screen time and promotion. If I must choose between the WW show or the Lois show, give me the Lois show any day. And of course, I'm worried about Cavill's screen time too.

Why would you be worried about Cavill's screen time?

I have no doubt that Wonder Woman will be shown off in the promotion of the movie, as well as Superman and Batman, of course. It'd make sense. She is the most recognizable female character in the world and it's the first time she's ever been in a live action movie. I don't think she'll have a bigger role than Lois, though.

Why would you be worried about Cavill's screen time?

Why wouldn't I be? We don't know what this movie is. It could very well be a trinity movie and therefore he'd get less screen time. And I always worry that Batman will get preference over Superman whenever they're together because of well, history. Plus, Affleck is the bigger star. A bigger star playing a preferred character. And I'm not saying I know this will happen, I just think there's a possibility that it will. Heck, I even worry WW will get preference, especially with badass action scenes because she's the new element and she's played by a hot girl. So, pandering to the male audience is expected.

I have no doubt that Wonder Woman will be shown off in the promotion of the movie, as well as Superman and Batman, of course. It'd make sense. She is the most recognizable female character in the world and it's the first time she's ever been in a live action movie. I don't think she'll have a bigger role than Lois, though.
I think we may see like a shot of her in promotional material, but I don't think she's going to get a lot of billing in promotions, and she is especially not going to get that over Affleck, Cavill, Adams and a whole lot of other recognizable actors.

She is Wondy...yes, but she's still a nobody actor IMO.

I was talking about promoting the fact that Wonder Woman, the character, is in the movie. The most iconic female character ever in a live-action movie for the first time. It's a pretty big deal, no matter who's playing her.

Do you think they're not going to have posters with her on them everywhere and posters with all three of them? Of course they will. They'd be stupid not to.

SUPERMAN BATMAN & WONDER WOMAN IN THE SAME MOVIE!!!!!!

:woot:

Last edited:
Why wouldn't I be? We don't know what this movie is. It could very well be a trinity movie and therefore he'd get less screen time. And I always worry that Batman will get preference over Superman whenever they're together because of well, history. Plus, Affleck is the bigger star. A bigger star playing a preferred character. And I'm not saying I know this will happen, I just think there's a possibility that it will. Heck, I even worry WW will get preference, especially with badass action scenes because she's the new element and she's played by a hot girl. So, pandering to the male audience is expected.

Doubtful since everything is pointing towards this still being a Superman movie with Batman and Wonder woman in it...all Superman's supporting cast is returning and his major arch nemesis.
While Affleck is a bigger star he's not the type to let that go to his head. From what I have seen his fall from grace has humbled him. I doubt he push for more Batman scenes.
History...Has Goyer or Snyder written a story where Batman outshined Superman??? No. So really it can't be considered history.
I doubt WW will get preference...did Faora get preference...especially with badass action scenes because she is played by a hot girl?

I get that Superman fans have insecurities when it comes to Batman but nothing I have heard about this film justifies worrying about Superman being sidelined in favor of Batman and WW...especially if Superman is the catalyst to the superhero explosion.

You're wrong, roach. This is going to be Batman-centric. Martha and Perry are in it and, as we all know, they have much more of a connection to Batman than to Superman.

Now, if Alfred and Gordon were in it...............

I was talking about promoting the fact that Wonder Woman, the character, is in the movie. The most iconic female character ever in a live-action movie for the first time. It's a pretty big deal, no matter who's playing her.

Do you think they're not going to have posters with her on them everywhere and posters with all three of them? Of course they will. They'd be stupid not to.

SUPERMAN BATMAN & WONDER WOMAN IN THE SAME MOVIE!!!!!!

Absolutely I think she will be promoted, but I don't think she's going to have that large of role and I definitely don't see her getting tops over Affleck and Cavill. Another feature of the movie that you may have noticed a lot folks like is Supes and Lois, so she's not going to outshine that duo either IMO. She will be promoted. I see a poster and all that jazz. She's going to get a toy of course.
She won't be after this. :woot:
Ever heard of an actor named Brandon Routh. He was in this Superman movie that did really poorly. Whatever happened to that guy?

You're wrong, roach. This is going to be Batman-centric. Martha and Perry are in it and, as we all know, they have much more of a connection to Batman than to Superman.

Now, if Alfred and Gordon were in it...............

I can't...your avatar...so hypnotic...

Doubtful since everything is pointing towards this still being a Superman movie with Batman and Wonder woman in it...all Superman's supporting cast is returning and his major arch nemesis.
While Affleck is a bigger star he's not the type to let that go to his head. From what I have seen his fall from grace has humbled him. I doubt he push for more Batman scenes.
History...Has Goyer or Snyder written a story where Batman outshined Superman??? No. So really it can't be considered history.
I doubt WW will get preference...did Faora get preference...especially with badass action scenes because she is played by a hot girl?

I get that Superman fans have insecurities when it comes to Batman but nothing I have heard about this film justifies worrying about Superman being sidelined in favor of Batman and WW...especially if Superman is the catalyst to the superhero explosion.

What points to it being a Superman movie? Yes, some of his extended cast is returning, but I'm sure there will be extended cast for the others as well. They just aren't cast/announced yet. And Luthor being in the movie doesn't guarantee a Supes focus. If this is a trinity movie, wondy and bats will deal with him too. And when I say history, I mean comics and animated material and audiences, to be honest. They all want the bat. And Goyer just came off a successful bat trilogy. He could have a preference. And even if Affleck himself doesn't ask for more scenes, the studio/writers could. And Faora isn't WW. WW will be promoted and possibly given a decent amount of screen time because she isn't a little known character. Audiences love ass-kicking hot girls and will be all over her. Superman will be "last year's news." He'll be that one element that isn't new and exciting. Certainly doesn't help matters. There are reasons Supes fans are insecure.

What points to it being a Superman movie? Yes, some of his extended cast is returning, but I'm sure there will be extended cast for the others as well. They just aren't cast/announced yet. And Luthor being in the movie doesn't guarantee a Supes focus. If this is a trinity movie, wondy and bats will deal with him too. And when I say history, I mean comics and animated material and audiences, to be honest. They all want the bat. And Goyer just came off a successful bat trilogy. He could have a preference. And even if Affleck himself doesn't ask for more scenes, the studio/writers could. And Faora isn't WW. WW will be promoted and possibly given a decent amount of screen time because she isn't a little known character. Audiences love ass-kicking hot girls and will be all over her. Superman will be "last year's news." He'll be that one element that isn't new and exciting. Certainly doesn't help matters. There are reasons Supes fans are insecure.

This really comes off as irrational "Batman is better than Superman" fear that Superman fans have.

This really comes off as irrational "Batman is better than Superman" fear that Superman fans have.

You say Superman "fans." So I guess that implies I'm not the only one with that fear. Why do you think we have it? And it's not just batman. Supes gets pushed around by wondy all the time in the comics.

Last edited:
What's the point of worrying when we know next to nothing about the movie?

Last edited:
You say Superman "fans." So I guess that implies I'm not the only one with that fear. Why do you think we have it?

I am not going to deny that some writers favor Batman over Superman...but that doesn't mean every writer will favor Batman of Superman.

I don't know how people will be billed and while I'm routing for Gal, Amy is my number one. She's the bigger star here and to be honest, although I liked some versions of WW, I will never like her as much as Lois. Lois is my favorite female character and to see her short-changed for "the perfect amazon beauty" would be so, so annoying.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet quite a lot that Wonder Woman isn't exactly a popular person among Lois fans, especially after the New 52 reboot.

I like both. Lois and Wondy are my 2 favourite DC female characters.

The third is Huntress. :woot:

I am not going to deny that some writers favor Batman over Superman...but that doesn't mean every writer will favor Batman of Superman.

No, it doesn't. But it doesn't eliminate the possibility. That's all I'm saying. It's a possibility. And not just with Bats. Wondy too. As I said before, there are many a comic scene with her pushing supes around. If writers wanna make another character look cool or badass and Superman is in the same story, what do they do? Have that character beat on him a bit. Annoying. Let them beat someone else for a change.

I like both. Lois and Wondy are my 2 favourite DC female characters.

The third is Huntress. :woot:

I'm definitely a fan of both when they're done right.

And truth be told, I'm hoping that neither Lois or Wonder Woman are regulated towards being just "love interest" for the caped heroes in this film and that both have something to provided "on their own" to the story and plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"