Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% of Smallville viewers or people who have seen a Lana-based episode of Smallville know who Lana Lang is.
100% of people who have seen Superman III know who Lana Lang is.
100% of people who have heard of Kristin Kreuk know who Lana Lang is.
99% of Man of Steel viewers will not know who Lana Lang is....:awesome:

I don't agree with either of those.

There are bound to be peope who may have seen Kristen Kreuk in something else, like Street Fighter, but don't know who Lana Lang is.

And there are bound to be people who watched Superman III once, a long time ago, who wouldn't remember the name Lana Lang. You'd have to say 'You know, that girl who he was talking to at the high school reunion, the one with the kid,' and then you might get an 'Oh yeah, her'.

I don't agree with either of those.

There are bound to be peope who may have seen Kristen Kreuk in something else, like Street Fighter, but don't know who Lana Lang is.

And there are bound to be people who watched Superman III once, a long time ago, who wouldn't remember the name Lana Lang. You'd have to say 'You know, that girl who he was talking to at the high school reunion, the one with the kid,' and then you might get an 'Oh yeah, her'.

Exactly, even when you hear songs with them comparing a woman and a man to lois and Clark or superman and lois.... you get...you'll be my lois lane....you never hear people say you'll be my lana Lang lol

Amy Adams is the shortest Lois Lane, nothing wrong with that as long as Clark Kent & Lois lane look good together.

Here's a comparison -

Margot Kidder. 5' 6 1/2"

Teri Hatcher. 5' 6"

Erica Durance. 5' 8"

Kate Bosworth. 5' 5 1/2"

Amy Adams Height. 5' 4"

Kate Bosworth said on a recent interview she's 5' 3".

It's good for Cavill that Amy is short, cause he's not super tall. (He's tall enough to be Superman though).

She is going to be very good...think kate winslet in Titanic.

One of the most charismatic actresses alive. I couldnt have dreamt a better choice for Lois Lane.

Kate Winslet is first of all a much better actres than Amy and much better looking. Even today her face looks virtually the same as it did in Sense and Sensibility.
As for Amy's height, having a short Lois is a good thing IMO. On Smallville Lois came off as too tall IMO, would love a Lois that comes up to Superman's chin or nose.
I refuse to feed the troll! But whoever says that Smallville's impact is overrated was right, the shows highest ratings are eclipsed when compared to other tv shows. There are 300million people in the US and about 2million of then watched the Smallville finale.

Kate Winslet is first of all a much better actres than Amy and much better looking. Even today her face looks virtually the same as it did in Sense and Sensibility.
As for Amy's height, having a short Lois is a good thing IMO. On Smallville Lois came off as too tall IMO, would love a Lois that comes up to Superman's chin or nose.
I refuse to feed the troll! But whoever says that Smallville's impact is overrated was right, the shows highest ratings are eclipsed when compared to other tv shows. There are 300million people in the US and about 2million of then watched the Smallville finale.

Well, that's a little more than subjective.

Kate Winslet is first of all a much better actres than Amy and much better looking.

For what it's worth I couldn't disagree more. Kate Winslet much better looking than Amy Adams? Not on your nelly. She's one of the most plain actresses around at the moment. IMHO of course.

Beauty is subjective, just a matter os opinion.

I think Amy and Kate Winslet are pretty, but different beauties. And I think they are both superb actresses.

The complaining about Amy Adams is getting boring...what about waiting to see? I know it's a long time from now, but we can comment other things about the movie, like the relationship between the characters...

Winslet is prettier, and at the time being, a more accomplished actress than Adams.

Winslet is prettier, and at the time being, a more accomplished actress than Adams.

I consider Amy to be more pretty/attractive, but this is obviously just a matter of opinion that people will disagree on based on personal preference.

I think Amy and Kate Winslet are pretty, but different beauties. And I think they are both superb actresses.

The complaining about Amy Adams is getting boring...what about waiting to see? I know it's a long time from now, but we can comment other things about the movie, like the relationship between the characters...

Agreed.

Amy is great actress, Kate is a fantastic actress. They are both beautiful in different ways but personally I would much rather have Amy in my arms.

Winslet has nicer feet and is therefore the correct choice.

What?.....you didn't know actors and actresses could win oscars before theyre movie even comes out?....shame on you!...:)

I'm going to have to say it again...but make it much plainer.....

THIS IS THE AMY ADAMS IS LOIS LANE THREAD......for those that don't seem to understand what that means, it means that the actress AMY ADAMS has been hired for and is currently acting in the new Superman movie MAN OF STEEL as the character of LOIS LANE.

So....if you want to spend your time talking about what actresses SHOULD have gotten the role, or what actresses COULD have played it better.....GO TO ANOTHER THREAD SOMEWHERE ELSE AND TALK ABOUT IT THERE. Because this is the AMY ADAMS IS LOIS LANE thread, and it is for discussing Amy Adams playing Lois Lane.

Who the heck is talking about what actress should have played Lois? I for one haven't seen anyone saying Kate should have been Lois nor do I think she should have been cast; Kate was brought up and compared with Amy and people are giving their opinions about both of them.

Last edited:
Okay; in other and more relating news; I hope we won't have to wait too long to start seeing shots of Amy as Lois in the DP Bullpen.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first OFFICIAL photo of her is of her in the DP bullpen.

Has there been any shots of Lois in the same scene as Clark/Superman?

I imagine those will come later, theyres a whole lot left to film, Im sure we will whether they r official pics or on set

Okay; in other and more relating news; I hope we won't have to wait too long to start seeing shots of Amy as Lois in the DP Bullpen.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first OFFICIAL photo of her is of her in the DP bullpen.
Yeah, I don't think we'll see her in the bullpen until we get an official pic of it (if at all before release), because that type of thing will almost certainly be shot on a soundstage well-isolated from potential spy pics.

she is a three time academy award nominee, what else do you people want?

I'm really interested to see how they approach the character this go round? Particularly how her career is started and how involved she is in Clark's life?

I'd love to see an undercover scene in some form.

she is a three time academy award nominee, what else do you people want?
I don't know what some wanted but I wanted a good and likable actress who could also convincingly be tough when she needed to be. And Amy Adams is just that.

People love Amy Adams, young and old, male and female. Your great aunt knows who the Hell she is.

That's why nabbing her for Lois was smart. Having her will add a lot more awareness than getting a flavor-of-the-mouth "body" instead.

People love Amy Adams, young and old, male and female. Your great aunt knows who the Hell she is.

That's why nabbing her for Lois was smart. Having her will add a lot more awareness than getting a flavor-of-the-mouth "body" instead.
So true Mr. J.

I didn't think of it but it truly is a genius bit of casting. I've already done a 180 on the subject. As much as I like someone like Wilde and believe that she is talented, her casting would have been about her looks and buzz mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"