Andor General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Ep 6 “the Eye” :
T = 100,000^10
6wmfmt.jpg

Also

Last edited:
I'll gladly admit I was amongst the people asking 'why' when they announced Andor. Then it went to 'wow' and 'when'. :D

I mean, the "why" seemed fairly clear to me, it was about telling a gritty Early French Resistance story, as opposed to the big blowout WWII Movie ending. It was more a matter of "why *him*", so to speak. But yes, the show answers that admirably, with Diego Luna really bringing the "beaten down noir protagonist" energy.

I mean, the "why" seemed fairly clear to me, it was about telling a gritty Early French Resistance story, as opposed to the big blowout WWII Movie ending. It was more a matter of "why *him*", so to speak. But yes, the show answers that admirably, with Diego Luna really bringing the "beaten down noir protagonist" energy.
Why him is also what I meant, yes. We didn't know about the particular angle of the story yet at that point. :D

First 3 episodes where cool. But the last 2 are simply boring, its like nothing really happens.

Too much talking its not interesting.

You realize that talking *is* "stuff happening", when it reveals and informs the characters and their conflicts, right?

The latest episode was yet again not really interesting, but it had some nice action shots.
Something feels off with these 3 latest episodes. Its SW and at the same time its not, just like some random action series in space. Not that good.

I can't think of a better compliment for this show than not feeling exactly like Star Wars in the Disney era that we've been experiencing. The franchise's biggest problems stem from being too formulaic and having the same style and themes over and over again. For the first time this feels different and a more mature entry and I'm all for it.

I haven’t really weighed in on this show here yet because I kept getting distracted by other things but I have to say I’m LOVING it. THIS feels like the show that Game of Thrones prequel should be — a bunch of shady people scheming and killing and yet so many of them are relatable on some level and the pacing has been really good. Luna is crushing it, as are Skarsgard, O’Reilly, Shaw and Arjona. And a big shoutout to Faye Marsay, who played my all-time favorite Black Mirror character and she’s great in this. Even if this show ultimately doesn’t quite stick the landing, it’s been exceptional so far. Better than any other SW show so far, other than maybe season 2 of Mando.

The ending to the last episode (7) was great even if I wasn’t as enamored with the rest of it.

Last edited:
I'm assuming the show will see an increase in viewership once all the episodes have dropped. I like the show but it's probably better as a binge watch IMO.

This is the year is Smits… we go him back in Obi-Wan, now Tales Of The Jedi, and soon to be in Andor.

6yre7p.jpg

6yre1c.jpg

This is the year is Smits… we go him back in Obi-Wan, now Tales Of The Jedi, and soon to be in Andor.
I hope so. cause before the destruction Alderaan he was supposedly somewhat at the heart of the Rebellion.
Though OWK played him somewhat incompetent, not sure Gilroy is looking for that character.
Hopefully if he does he's portrayed as up to something useful.

Last edited:
'Andor's Season 2 Directors Revealed by Series Creator Tony Gilroy [Exclusive]

While the first season of Tony Gilroy’s critically acclaimed series Andor is currently airing on Disney+, the showrunner is already knee-deep in preparing for Season 2—which will ramp up the anxiety as it heads toward the devastating events of Rogue One. During an interview with Collider’s own Steve Weintraub, Gilroy shared that a brand new slate of directors will be joining to direct Season 2, and he didn’t hold back on revealing their names. We're excited to share that Ariel Kleiman, Janus Metz, and Alonso Ruizpalacios have been tapped to direct episode blocks in the second season.

Andor broke from Star Wars tradition with its freshman season, opting to bring in only three directors and tasking them to direct blocks of episodes that tied into the narrative arcs being explored. Gilroy confirmed that this structure would return in Season 2, with Kleiman stepping into the same pattern as Toby Haynesby directing six episodes split into two blocks.

Since 2017, Kleiman has really solidified himself as a television director, with his most recent work being seen on Yellowjackets and The Resort. Danish filmmaker Metz has directed for a handful of television series, but his most notable work was this year’s spy thriller All the Old Knives which starred Chris Pine and Star Wars alum Thandiwe Newton. Fans of Andor star Diego Luna’s work in Narcos: Mexico may recognize Ruizpalacios’ name. The Mexican filmmaker directed a pair of episodes on the Netflix series back in 2018, before returning to television to direct episodes on Outer Range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"