Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they kill off Lyla while she is pregnant. Perhaps Waller deploys her on a mission against Diggle's wishes.

Then Dig becomes anti-Government and forms his own team, while Oliver joins Argus, Arrow becomes an Argus agent, and becomes pro-Government.

It would lead to some interesting dynamics. Jack Vs Tony from 24 S7. It would be a good foundation for the characters becoming more politically-motivated.
That doesn't sound good at all.

Is that a hint to someone?

Under the headline about chemical weapons is a line about League champion set to retire. Luis4u has caught this line in other episodes I believe. Which probably is a reference to Ted Grant the future trainer of Dinah Laurel Lance in the comics.

It's not a reference to anyone, it's just a made-up headline to create a convincing-looking news report. They also repeated the a headline about a "overtly friendly bear" several times, and I doubt that's a reference to anyone.

It's not a reference to anyone, it's just a made-up headline to create a convincing-looking news report. They also repeated the a headline about a "overtly friendly bear" several times, and I doubt that's a reference to anyone.

Ted" Grant is a retired superhero known as Wildcat and part of the Justice Society of America.
batman-the-brave-and-the-bold-season-1-episode-6-enter-the-outsiders.jpg

It is certainly possible when that headline references a champion who is retiring in the arrow-verse with a Laurel Dinah Lance as a prominent character.That is just too much coincidence for me to ignore it as a headline.

You're definitely right. But still I was disappointed that he didn't do it himself. I've been waiting for some Diggle action for quite some time.

There was a con interview with Bennet I watched a while back, and Bennet talks about how he got to do very few of his stunts because Canada has a very strong stuntman union. I'm assuming that there's some sort of mandate for how many hours/a percentage of shots a stutman must be utilized for shows involving complicated stunts. Since Amell seems to be doing most of his own stunts, maybe that's why the others utilize a stuntmen so often.

I miss Arrow.:csad:[/QUOTE]

hey, at least we have it better than Sherlock fans. 2016

here the video [YT]yYaBed-WqZc[/YT]
That's awesome! My comic-con has announced today Amell will be coming to town. Hopefully more Arrow cast members will too. I want Manu Bennett to come back since I couldn't attend his panel last year.

I miss Arrow.:csad:

hey, at least we have it better than Sherlock fans. 2016[/QUOTE]

Try being a fan of both..... at least I have shows like Arrow to tide me over. Otherwise I'd be screaming at BBC execs.... :D

As for summer tiding over.... my suggestion for people going through withdrawal is to A: hit the summer movies, and B: find a summer-time TV show you can get behind. Me? I'll be watching Season 2 of Ray Donovan.

I'm thinking of what they could do with HIVE and Argus next year and I've got a question:

Was Mockingbird a code name the Wall used before the Secret Six comic in the 2000's brought it back as their leader's nickname?

Because I've been thinking. One line of thought for Argus and Hive is that they're both government agencies, and that the latter could try and supplant the other. In which case, presuming Waller becomes the lesser of two evils, I could see her forming a Secret Six to help Oliver.

I am very excited at some of the implications of Unthinkable's last scenes. Next season, if they do decide to adapt some of the Supermax concept, we could have an entire episode where the flashback's take place in Hong Kong while Ollie, Slade, and others try and escape the island. Imagine how much fun that would be to twist the old trope around like that!

Also, I'm kind of hoping for an antagonistic Ravager to appear like William Walsh or Wade DeFarge. Hive's back in business, and I could see one of Slade's goons having fled the city before the barricades went up, or a recovered Soloman Grundy being used to synthesize a copy of the formula. I just like the idea of a Slade powered adversary who's still a step below the man himself, who can then hopefully cross blades with him and go the way of Wintergreen. And both villainous Ravagers were known for threatening Slade's children, so if Joey comes on the show, we could see that as a plotline to justify Slade being a protagonist again.

I don't see characters like Slade or the Huntress ever being protagonists. They've gone too far to ever go back.
Wait, are you saying you thought the 90's Flash suit was just spandex? Because it wasn't, that was definitely added muscle padding.
No. It was a bad joke. I know there was padding. &it looked like some sort of suede-like material

Last edited:
I don't see characters like Slade or the Huntress ever being protagonits. They've gone too far to ever go back. No. It was a bad joke. I know there was padding. &it looked like some sort of suede-like material

Haha, okay. Because for a second I was a bit worried there.

There was a con interview with Bennet I watched a while back, and Bennet talks about how he got to do very few of his stunts because Canada has a very strong stuntman union. I'm assuming that there's some sort of mandate for how many hours/a percentage of shots a stutman must be utilized for shows involving complicated stunts. Since Amell seems to be doing most of his own stunts, maybe that's why the others utilize a stuntmen so often.

thanks for the answer.

I just watched the finale last night and it was decent. The Wilson arc ended, at least for the time being, quite well. I'm glad the show is moving on from the island flashbacks because those got painfully repetitive.

I'm interested to see where the Daddy Diggle story goes. Maybe I missed some clues along the way, but I didn't see that coming. I'm really going to miss Sara, whose story was the highlight of the finale, and Ravager, if she's truly gone. I certainly hope the Season 3 story arc of Oliver learning to fly leads to the inclusion of Ferris Air as promised. This show will need some interesting new characters in a hurry with so many great ones gone for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"