Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - Part 14

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bathead The Oldest Geek

Yup.

2. DrCosmic Professor of Power

This actually makes me very happy, I was afraid Arrow would go from cool and focused street-level vigilante to generic superhero show, because so many fans want that. Knowing they're staying focused on what made Arrow awesome and relevant is really cool, I appreciate that.

Boom. Just because they're in the same universe doesn't mean they should be the same show with different super abilities. If they are, why not just put Flash on Arrow?

I suspect, with the speed that Arrow and Flash move, Ray will become (reveal himself?) as the Atom sometime this season, it'll just be on The Flash.

The point of his character seems to be to put the show in a more comic book direction, what with rebranding the city as Star City and having a superman effect. The point is still to build a Justice League, and whenever that happens, Ray Palmer will be there, in full regalia, and he'll be a character we all know very well and care about instead of just a guy who is defined by his powers and is only important to comic book readers and superfans.

It's just not going to be done by taking the show away from it's espionage/non powered vigilante/crime drama themes. Whatever powers we see on Arrow, it's not going to make anything Oliver does irrelevant. So there won't be anyone with powers that make martial arts, projectile weapons, real life (albeit fast-acting) gadgets, stealth movement or espionage skills and knowledge useless, because then they overshadow the Arrow in Arrow. There also won't be any villains who can't be overcome with those things because then Arrow is no longer the hero really.

3. Kar Registered

Think Roy will get a "cool" voice changer too?

4. luis4u Registered

the script for 3.09 [​IMG]

5. Arrowshieldfan Registered

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-season-3-boss-tackles-738018

I most interest in Captain Lance this season......sound like he is destine to play a bigger role since he talking to SC mayor.

#880 Arrowshieldfan, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  6. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

Of course they're going to shrink Ray Palmer eventually. Why bring him in and call him Ray Palmer if they don't plan to do so.

7. herolee10 No More Miracles

I think the issue here is that we may not see him gain his powers, or costume, during his time on this show for the third season given the recent comments from the producers on wanting to keep the arrow world grounded in reality.

8. Paradox1 Registered

NO he's got a suit, Brandon Routh has teased the suit already.

9. Arrowshieldfan Registered

I think we will see the suit and the tech require to shrink.....but we never see it used on Arrow unless it a special event crossing with The Flash

10. herolee10 No More Miracles

My point exactly.

Heck, you can also already tell that based on the producer's comments that Ray's biggest reason (unless they're hiding things from us) for being on the show currently is to give Felicity someone to banter with on "Arrow" and to be a reason as to why Felicity and Oliver don't hook up with each other right away.

And I'm really not digging that they've turned the second count into a Scarecrow ripoff.

I was hoping that we would have a new and improved version in terms of background and motivation but apparently it's still essentially the same character but played by another (and much better) actor.

11. TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

12. luis4u Registered

13. Rocketman Registered

I wrote this on the Flash board, but I'll put it here too... The CW in general is just blowing my mind. They can do whatever they want. I REALLY hope they get Supergirl and not CBS. By the way, I know this will sound ridiculous, but I've preferred what The CW has done with Arrow and Flash more than ANYTHING else in the live action comic book genre, movies or otherwise. The only (I mean ONLY) exception would be Nolan's Trilogy. Seriously, just, bravo, CW.

14. The Sage The World's Finest

Flash pumped me up for Arrow even more.

15. herolee10 No More Miracles

On another note, based on the new trailer for "Flash" that featured clips from future episodes, it seems like we'll see Barry and Felicity kiss.

So I'm guessing that'll put another triangle on the table as well.

Come to think of it, Arrow has been the source for more "love triangles" than even "Smallville" if you were to just compare the first three seasons for both shows.lol

ARROW (Season 1-3)

1. Oliver/Laurel/Tommy
    2. Laurel/Oliver/Sara
    3. Robert/Moira/Malcom
    4. Oliver/Shado/Slade
    5. Oliver/Felicity/Barry
    6. Oliver/Felicity/Ray
    7. Roy/Thea/New DJ Character for Season 3
    8. Felicity/Oliver/Laurel
    9. Female Cop/Oliver/Helena

Smallville, in its first three seasons, didn't have that many triangles.lol

16. HighFivingMF Welp.

17. luis4u Registered

18. Rocketman Registered

^ Holy CRAP. They're definitely gearing her up for Canary.

I really hope it's a smooth transition and not a quick switcheroo in one episode after killing Sara. If that's the plan, don't bother - I'd rather see Laurel as Manhunter.

[​IMG]

Fun fact: Kate Spencer is Manhunter, and was on Arrow Season 2 as Laurel's boss, but was later killed. They could EASILY make Laurel Manhunter.

19. StarLord < < < < < < <

I know right.

I'm just wanting Deathstroke to come back and kill the whole lot of em'. :hehe:

20. herolee10 No More Miracles

For the record, it's not that I really care about it other than the fact that "triangles" and CW-Angst has a bad tendency to really hamper down on the quality of the writing for these shows, let alone the motivations and reactions from its given characters.

I mean thinking back on how Clark and Lex seemingly came off as becoming bitter enemies because they were fighting over Lana in SV or how Slade went crazy because of feelings that he suddenly had for Shado really didn't make it easy to enjoy the shows at times.

21. Boy Scout Registered

Nobody. It's a harmless comparison.

22. ban1o Registered

+Nyssa/Sara/Oliver

23. Arrowshieldfan Registered

19 hrs left.......the most anticipation season premier for me along with AOS/Gotham

24. king666 Registered

25. king666 Registered

So, Kreisberg teased a [BLACKOUT]Flash cameo[/BLACKOUT] on tonight's episode of Arrow. :mrk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.