Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was Komodo...who sent him is a mystery

large.gif

Komondo definately was sent by Ral al Ghul but that do not explain why he coming to Star(ling) city

Does Ra's not approve of her relationship w/ Nyssa or because she 'leaves the LOA' when ever she pleases...?

Komondo definately was sent by Ral al Ghul but that do not explain why he coming to Star(ling) city

Sara did allude/hint to the fact that she came to Starling City for a specific reason, one that she didn't want to tell her dad about.

I'm willing to assume that Sara was back in Starling City as part of a mission that she was assigned to by the League.

And whatever the mission was is probably what led to her killer being there.

I hope Court Vertigo return in a future episode and continue to be closest to his new 52 counterpart trying to return to his country by getting profit......

We know Nyssa return in episode 4 so we probably know what her secret is

But wait...didn't the producers say, when they had announced that the character would be arriving into the series, that Kom would be one of thea's new trainers? If that's the case, then he's working for/with Merlyn who has supposedly cut ties with Ra's.

But wait...didn't the producers say, when they had announced that the character would be arriving into the series, that Kom would be one of thea's new trainers? If that's the case, then he's working for/with Merlyn who has supposedly cut ties with Ra's.

Maybe this was the first salvo in a Merlyn/Ra's war?

Could lead up to a Ollie/Roy/Laurel vs Merlyn/Komodo/Thea fight

Can Oliver just forget about romance for the next year or so please?

A war between Merlyn, Thea & Komodo/Ras, Nyssa & The League/Team Arrow would be awesome.

Why the end of Sara?: Ever since Caity Lotz showed up Arrow, she’s been a fan favorite so the death of Sara hurts much in the same way we felt when Tommy died in Arrow Season 1 and Moira Queen in Arrow Season 2. “Every time we kill off a character on the show, it's always incredibly hard. We're not Game of Thrones. We're not Sons of Anarchy. It's really, really, really difficult,” Guggenheim said.

The short answer, basically, is her death opens up a lot of story for those left behind. “As with Tommy's death, as with Moira's death, the story implications for this development are so far-reaching for the show and affect all of the characters,” he said. “It kicks off, obviously, a mystery that will drive us for at least the first half of the year. It will set Laurel on a trajectory that she's never had before on the show."

It will create all these other complications and dynamics that I can't talk about because it would spoil stuff. It buys us a lot of story, and it speaks to all the things that we wanted to do this year in terms of Laurel's character, in terms of Oliver's character, in terms of Felicity's character. It's always a hard thing to do, but it is really the engine that's driving the whole third season.”

I know the theme of this season is about identity and balancing two lives, but I wonder if by the end of the season, Ollie is going to reveal himself as the Arrow. They did it in both Iron Man and Smallville, with their Green Arrow, so it wouldn't be too new of an idea, but I felt like that convo he had with Felicity was foreshadowing that he would stop trying to separate both lives since that has only caused so much trouble for those who don't know.

I know the theme of this season is about identity and balancing two lives, but I wonder if by the end of the season, Ollie is going to reveal himself as the Arrow. They did it in both Iron Man and Smallville, with their Green Arrow, so it wouldn't be too new of an idea, but I felt like that convo he had with Felicity was foreshadowing that he would stop trying to separate both lives since that has only caused so much trouble for those who don't know.

Ehh, I doubt he'd go public in this universe. They dig the gritty vibe too much.

I tbink Oliver's final conversation there was a clear indicator of one of his biggest arcs this season: Realizing that still being Oliver Queen is part of what makes him the hero he is, and not someone like Ra's or Malcolm Merlyn. He's just got to accept that Oliver Queen is what makes the Arrow a hero, not the other way around.

Why the end of Sara?: Ever since Caity Lotz showed up Arrow, she’s been a fan favorite so the death of Sara hurts much in the same way we felt when Tommy died in Arrow Season 1 and Moira Queen in Arrow Season 2. “Every time we kill off a character on the show, it's always incredibly hard. We're not Game of Thrones. We're not Sons of Anarchy. It's really, really, really difficult,” Guggenheim said.

The short answer, basically, is her death opens up a lot of story for those left behind. “As with Tommy's death, as with Moira's death, the story implications for this development are so far-reaching for the show and affect all of the characters,” he said. “It kicks off, obviously, a mystery that will drive us for at least the first half of the year. It will set Laurel on a trajectory that she's never had before on the show."

It will create all these other complications and dynamics that I can't talk about because it would spoil stuff. It buys us a lot of story, and it speaks to all the things that we wanted to do this year in terms of Laurel's character, in terms of Oliver's character, in terms of Felicity's character. It's always a hard thing to do, but it is really the engine that's driving the whole third season.”

Interesting stuff regarding Sara's death, the fact solving the mystery behind will take up half the season suggests that Komodo was simply the assassin, the who and why will be what Team Arrow investigate, and since she was a member of the LOA I'm wondering if Ra's come to Starling to investigate as well.

Interesting view. The idea never crossed my mind. But, I think that would put more targets on the rest of the Arrow team. If he was in all this alone, it'd be something different. It certainly would be a bigger deal than how Smallville dealt with it.

This is a great time to introduce Lazarus Pits.

This is a great time to introduce Lazarus Pits.

It really would be easy to introduce them. Could say that the mirakuru was Lazarus pit chemical mixed with some other formula.

My reaction to the ending of the episode

"... Gah dammit."

I could see certain character return to old habits......could Captain Lance return to drinking?

My reaction to the ending of the episode

"... Gah dammit."

Same here!

It's weird actually. I was expecting Sara to die in the season 2 finale and made peace with that idea. It was obvious they were going to make Laurel the Canary. But when Sara survived the finale, I thought she would at least stick around for a large chunk of season 3 and now suddenly she gets killed off in the first goddamn episode of the season. :woot:

I really didn't expect this in the premiere, I don't think anyone expected this, which is what makes it bloody brilliant. It's not going to change that much though. Oli will probably be ridiculously protective of the team now (as already hinted in the premiere) and Laurel will become Canary or another masked heroine, but that's probably about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"