Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felicity working in a Buy More-sque shop with Brandon Routh suddenly appearing... A Chuck reference?

Yup, it would not shock me to see somebody else from Chuck (Routh was on a few episodes.) show up before this year is over. Though it probably won't be Yvonne Stahhofski unfortunately.

Last edited:
In my opinion, as bad as Laurel looked last season, and despite how much fans wanted her dead at certain points, I think they redeemed themselves by season's end, which in some way, makes it worth it to see her personal transformation. I'm not sure how long they had the whole Sara is alive and will return as the Canary arc planned, but I see Laurel becoming the Black Canary as something that was inevitable but not rushed. Like we've seen Roy introduced in season one and not even meet Oliver until season's end, and not even join Team Arrow until later in season 2, or Oliver not getting a mask until halfway into season 2. There are a lot of things that the show has introduced early on and not really used until the timing was right. For all we know, Malcolm's teaching of Thea might be the catalyst that helps her eventually become Speedy for Oliver. little by little things are shaping up to line up with what fans expect, while also taking a new path to get there.

I don't know if its been mentioned, but I bet the introduction of Roy in costume will answer the question of how Ollie becomes "Green" Arrow. The city knows him as Arrow right now, but when the media picks up on there being two of them, they will differentiate between them as Red and Green Arrow
That's an interesting idea. Definitely seems plausble.

Laurel being the Canary was ALWAYS the "only story option"; they were just taking their time in getting her to that point.
I'm not sure about that. It's true she is the Canary in the comics, but Sara being alive and at least the temporary Canary might have been the way out should they been forced to get rid of Cassidy/Laurel for whatever reason.

Do anyone think Oliver will ever get his company back or is this going to be another season where he just a board member/shareholder.........I believe the comic have him not gotten his company back right away

when do we expect to see "Star City" appear

I'm not sure about that. It's true she is the Canary in the comics, but Sara being alive and at least the temporary Canary might have been the way out should they been forced to get rid of Cassidy/Laurel for whatever reason.

You don't pay much attention to - or put much stock in - what the producers say, do you?

Because they've been straightforward and upfront about what their 'endgame' for Laurel was from the very beginning of the series. They've also been straightforward and upfront about why they brought Sara in.

tumblr_nd7o9bxIr21rmrlnyo1_1280.jpg

I think there was definitely something going on behind the scenes or they would not have left Laurel out of episodes. it might have been solved though

i liked the Ferris Air easter egg in the premiere.. Hal is coming!

NYSSA RETURNS TO STARLING CITY, RA’S AL GHUL MAKES HIS ENTRANCE
— A furious Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) confronts Oliver (Stephen Amell) about Sara. When Oliver learns Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is alive, he suspects Merlyn killed Sara. Oliver and Nyssa join forces and go after the Dark Archer, intent on bringing Sara’s killer to justice.
Laurel (Katie Cassidy) keeps her distance from Nyssa, as she blames her sister’s death on her involvement with the League of Assassins.
Meanwhile, Oliver and Roy (Colton Haynes) work on repairing their respective relationships with Thea (Willa Holland), who has returned home.
Nyssa discusses Oliver with her father, Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable).
John Behring directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim (#304).

we haven't got the my name is Oliver Queen yet? could involve his mom and Sara?

I think there was definitely something going on behind the scenes or they would not have left Laurel out of episodes. it might have been solved though

I don't think it's anything major. They admitted that writing Laurel was hard plus they didn't know what to do with her so it's easiest to just leave her out

Well, one could say that Sara (from her inception to untimely death) was always going to be a double edge sword from the way that the producers had laid it out if you think about the well being of Laurel's character.

The creation of Sara and having her become the first "Black Canary" would allow the show to have several sequences involving her and Oliver doing a lot of heroic things without having to wait several seasons for the character to be trained on screen.

But on the other hand, it made people like Laurel even less and it didn't help that Laurel was really given some of the show's worst arcs in recent memory.

My advice for the show's producers.... if they're really serious about this, then they had better first work on making Laurel likable to a majority of the fans that could care less about her character right now.

Honestly, even when she becomes Black Canary...I'll be expecting at least one more dangerous situation involving her character.

It's no secret that while Laurel is the CW's choice/idea of the show's female lead, Felicity has been seen as the female lead by a good amount of fans and viewers alike...plus she's been involved with the main arcs a lot more and longer than Laurel.

Honestly, I don't expect Felicity to last long on this show (whether she be killed off or written off) if the ultimate goal is to make Laurel the quintessential female lead of the series and the endgame for Oliver's love life.

I don't think Laurel is suppose to be end game, I doubt Ollie will end up with anyone. Everyone has this idea that just because they are on TheCW they are forced to do romance and all these relationships when they arent, at least not to the extent that people think. Nikita didnt play by that game.

So any chance of Arrow and the Flash teaming up for an adventure? A xmas special or something?

So any chance of Arrow and the Flash teaming up for an adventure? A xmas special or something?

Where have you been all of this time?lol

In case if you missed the announcement, the Flash and Arrow will be teaming up with each other for both of their respective show's 8th episodes. (Green Arrow will come to Flash's episode and vice versa)

In case if you missed the announcement, the Flash and Arrow will be teaming up with each other for both of their respective show's 8th episodes. (Green Arrow will come to Flash's episode and vice versa)

Thanks for that. Don't keep up with the show that much.

Isn't Arrow's fifth episode also gonna be a crossover?

http://andypoondesign.blogspot.com/2014/10/roy-is-arsenal-and-he-kicked-butt.html

So the long way was over, here is the concept for Arsenal. Season 3 of Arrow premiered on Wednesday this week and it was full of awesomeness and surprises. Roy finally made his debut as Arsenal in his full fancy outfit. When I say fancy, I mean fancy even Stephen Amell (Arrow) himself has joked about now he has the second coolest in one of his comic con appearances. I'm super happy how this one turns out in person and on screen, costume designer Maya Mani and her team did such an amazing job on it and definitely set a new high bar for the show. Go team Arrow!

Arsenal_mask_turnaround_v1_AP.jpg

Arsenal_Mask_v1_AP.jpg

Arsenal_Final_turnaround_AP.jpg

Yep.Ollie takes on the Grinch while Barry pulls Santa's sleigh after Rudolph gets the flu.:woot:

"Mr Grinch,you have failed this Christmas!"

Last edited:
I don't think Laurel is suppose to be end game, I doubt Ollie will end up with anyone. Everyone has this idea that just because they are on TheCW they are forced to do romance and all these relationships when they arent, at least not to the extent that people think. Nikita didnt play by that game.

If Oliver doesn't end up with Felicity, I don't think he'll be with anybody by series' end.

... I just started watching this series last week. I'm about a third of the way through Season 2 already and I'm kind of totally obsessed. I'm trying to catch up quickly. It's been really interesting. I know a few people said they really didn't like the first season, but I really enjoyed it.

It's been fun seeing all the supporting cast of DC characters, and getting a cool new origin story on them. :)

About Oliver/Laurel: Given that Berlanti and Co. are die-hard comic book fans, I would be incredibly surprised if Laurel and Oliver don't end up together when all is said and done. It may take a while to get there and both may end up in different relationships along the way, but I firmly believe that the two will eventually be 'endgame', and I also firmly believe that everything they've done so far and said so far points squarely in that direction.

I think Oliver loves her and will always love her like she does him but I don't necessarily believe they will end up together. When this baby issues comes up again it's going to be another hurdle to overcome. I don't know if it would be reasonable for Laurel's character to be that forgiving. I know Sara seemed to wish they'd be together.

Green Arrow/Black Canary has historically been an on-again, off-again thing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"