Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the end of Sara?: Ever since Caity Lotz showed up Arrow, she’s been a fan favorite so the death of Sara hurts much in the same way we felt when Tommy died in Arrow Season 1 and Moira Queen in Arrow Season 2. “Every time we kill off a character on the show, it's always incredibly hard. We're not Game of Thrones. We're not Sons of Anarchy. It's really, really, really difficult,” Guggenheim said.

The short answer, basically, is her death opens up a lot of story for those left behind. “As with Tommy's death, as with Moira's death, the story implications for this development are so far-reaching for the show and affect all of the characters,” he said. “It kicks off, obviously, a mystery that will drive us for at least the first half of the year. It will set Laurel on a trajectory that she's never had before on the show."

It will create all these other complications and dynamics that I can't talk about because it would spoil stuff. It buys us a lot of story, and it speaks to all the things that we wanted to do this year in terms of Laurel's character, in terms of Oliver's character, in terms of Felicity's character. It's always a hard thing to do, but it is really the engine that's driving the whole third season.”

So,in other words,they needed to give Laurel something to do (because they can't seem to agree on what to write for her) so this was the only story option to go with.

Laurel being the Canary was ALWAYS the "only story option"; they were just taking their time in getting her to that point.

Laurel being the Canary was ALWAYS the "only story option"; they were just taking their time in getting her to that point.

Just a shame they've cocked her up badly so far... It's why I'm not exactly looking forward to Laurel's story arcs this season. The evidence so far from TPTB tell me they'll faff about with a stupid storyline that makes no sense whatsoever, then choose another one that has her become something with little or no on screen evidence... Then they'll fix her up by forgetting their mistakes and making another character look like an idiot in the process...

Hope I'm wrong.

What if....maybe in like season 4 Ra's or Talia ressurects Sara in the Lazarus pits? Only when she comes back, shes not herself and she becomes an antagonist for Oliver and Laurel?

They already brought back Malcolm Merlyn and as a matter of fact they havent yet explained how he came back.....

Just a shame they've cocked her up badly so far... It's why I'm not exactly looking forward to Laurel's story arcs this season. The evidence so far from TPTB tell me they'll faff about with a stupid storyline that makes no sense whatsoever, then choose another one that has her become something with little or no on screen evidence... Then they'll fix her up by forgetting their mistakes and making another character look like an idiot in the process...

I don't agree. I've liked Laurel this entire series. She's the character that really balances the "CWness" of the show, and I mean that in a good way. Without her, you have a show not fit for that network. Comic books are held to such high prestige, but everyone forgets that comics are literally soap operas for dudes. They used to be 10 cents and were disposable. You roll them up and put them in your back pocket, then you throw them in the trash when you're done reading them. The soapyness and CWness of her on the show is basically what the comic book medium is all about. In my opinion, Laurel has had more arc and more development than ANYONE in the series, certainly more than Sara, Diggle, Felicity, Thea, Moira, and in a lot of ways Oliver himself. Whatever they do with her, I say bring it on.

What if....maybe in like season 4 Ra's or Talia ressurects Sara in the Lazarus pits? Only when she comes back, shes not herself and she becomes an antagonist for Oliver and Laurel?

They already brought back Malcolm Merlyn and as a matter of fact they havent yet explained how he came back.....

You mean Nyssa? Not talia.

I was thinking about that. Maybe she can come back as the White Canary.

Hope I'm wrong.

They're aware of the problem with Season 2 Laurel:

Kreisberg: Yeah, I mean, it totally changes everyone's dynamic, having Laurel in on the secret. She has become so much more. Look, I don't think it's any big surprise that we're struggled in places with Laurel as a character -- through no fault of Katie Cassidy, who plays her wonderfully and does everything we ask of her -- but ever since she found out, it's just changed the dynamic, and it's made the show a lot more fun and enjoyable to write. So her storyline in the finale is much closer tied to her father and Sarah. But especially going into Season 3, there's a much more different dynamic in the group. It's really fun to see.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/13/arrow-showrunner-teases-a-suprise-outcome-for-season-2-finale

Laurel is going to start training soon, Katie is already in great shape, even better than Wonder Woman Gal Gadot, so if the writing is good, the character should be fine, time will tell.

I think Komodo is a suspect in Sara death but it could be someone else.....the producer said her death will be a mystery. I don't think it either Thea or Malcolm and Nyssa is either. It could be a yet to be introduced character

I think Komodo is a suspect in Sara death but it could be someone else.....the producer said her death will be a mystery. I don't think it either Thea or Malcolm and Nyssa is either. It could be a yet to be introduced character

I'm in the camp that thinks it'd be awesome if it was Ra's himself who killed her.

Felicity working in a Buy More-sque shop with Brandon Routh suddenly appearing... A Chuck reference?

I was hoping they'd bring Tommy back that way.They ain't gonna do that for everyone (I imagine),so I wonder which one it might be...

I don't agree. I've liked Laurel this entire series. She's the character that really balances the "CWness" of the show, and I mean that in a good way. Without her, you have a show not fit for that network. Comic books are held to such high prestige, but everyone forgets that comics are literally soap operas for dudes. They used to be 10 cents and were disposable. You roll them up and put them in your back pocket, then you throw them in the trash when you're done reading them. The soapyness and CWness of her on the show is basically what the comic book medium is all about. In my opinion, Laurel has had more arc and more development than ANYONE in the series, certainly more than Sara, Diggle, Felicity, Thea, Moira, and in a lot of ways Oliver himself. Whatever they do with her, I say bring it on.

The problem with Laurel was her S2 arc, too melodramatic, specially when she discovered Sara was alive, the drama was forced, thank goodness it didn't last too long. The last few episodes have been good for her and the best is yet to come... still wondering if she's going to get the Canary cry, it would give her an advantage against more powerful or experienced villains.

I don't know if we see the canary cry on Arrow because they want to do realistic and grounded...........how would she get if they planned to introduce it? She not going to inherited or something

I don't know if we see the canary cry on Arrow because they want to do realistic and grounded...........how would she get if they planned to introduce it? She not going to inherited or something

I know, but is less realistic now with the Flash, the Atom and co... so if they want her to be like the classic BC, they could, we'll see.

Wasn't this show's creators clear at the very beginning, when Sara was introduced, that she was simply a set-up for Laurel's path to become the comic book BC? She only become a fan favorite because she was fully-formed in comparison with Laurel.

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29

ARROW
“The Magician” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

NYSSA RETURNS TO STARLING CITY, RA’S AL GHUL MAKES HIS ENTRANCE — A furious Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) confronts Oliver (Stephen Amell) about Sara. When Oliver learns Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is alive, he suspects Merlyn killed Sara. Oliver and Nyssa join forces and go after the Dark Archer, intent on bringing Sara’s killer to justice. Laurel (Katie Cassidy) keeps her distance from Nyssa, as she blames her sister’s death on her involvement with the League of Assassins. Meanwhile, Oliver and Roy (Colton Haynes) work on repairing their respective relationships with Thea (Willa Holland), who has returned home. Nyssa discusses Oliver with her father, Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable). John Behring directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim (#304). Original airdate 10/29/2014.

This press release IMO make me think Komodo is not the killer

I still don't think that it was Merlyn. That's too obvious and why would they keep the assassin a secret if it was him? He's THE obvious suspect. Also, why would Ra's want her dead? She agreed to re-join the LOA at the end of last season, so what would be his motive for it. ESPECIALLY if it'd hurt/royally anger his own daughter.

You know, thinking about it, even though I am saddened by her death, I kind of hope they don't go back on it and resurrect her. I want this world be one where there are real stakes and no easy fixes. Like the Vampire Diaries for example, another CW show, I really like that show but MAN they just CANNOT for the life of them let go of any of the characters and always find some way to keep them around. Anyone who watches that show knows exactly what I mean.

I think it already been said that Sara is gone from the present day. They won't pull a Jason Todd where Ral al ghul bring him back........ that would be a horrible way to bring back a characters........Malcolm somehow manage to come back which is still a mystery

We don't even know if Merlyn was EVER truly dead. We know that he APPEARED to die, but he could have just been putting on an act. He did tell Moira that "there are places in this world where death is an illusion. I've learned to be very convincing."

I don't know if its been mentioned, but I bet the introduction of Roy in costume will answer the question of how Ollie becomes "Green" Arrow. The city knows him as Arrow right now, but when the media picks up on there being two of them, they will differentiate between them as Red and Green Arrow

I don't know if its been mentioned, but I bet the introduction of Roy in costume will answer the question of how Ollie becomes "Green" Arrow. The city knows him as Arrow right now, but when the media picks up on there being two of them, they will differentiate between them as Red and Green Arrow

I can definitely see this happening.

I could see Captain Lance make a joke about two archers now.......I hope they become their code name at some point before midseason finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"