Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
KipfeSv.gif

Are you really so ******** that you're trying to pretend that you were the one being childish?

Might want to go back and check the posts there buddy because I wasn't even part of this whole training argument until I said that. Just calling it as I see it.

I don't know, I'm not completely convinced that this is Laurel's look. There just seems to be something a bit off. I mean, why isn't she wearing black makeup around her eye?

In other news, Amell just tweeted he misses his mustache, so I guess he's getting ready to start shooting soon.

The only thing that I find amusingly weird is how, every time this show introduces a male character that's destined to become a costumed superhero someday (while developing a crush on Felicity as well), their characterization and portrayal ends up making them more likable as characters than Oliver himself.

The only thing that I find amusingly weird is how, every time this show introduces a male character that's destined to become a costumed superhero someday (while developing a crush on Felicity as well), their characterization and portrayal ends up making them more likable as characters than Oliver himself.

I see a lot of people on here say they find Ollie a jerk but I've never had that problem. He is consistently my favourite character. The only times he annoyed me were in season one with the Huntress and refusing to believe his mother was lying to him.

Last edited:
I like Oliver; I mean he's no saint, that's for sure.lol.

But I like him enough where I'm invested in watching this show, obviously.lol I just found it funnier though on how the producers keep choosing to introduce the "new" heroes in Arrow that have been known for being..well, more likable at times when it comes to their personalities.lol

I'm not even sure if we're supposed to like Oliver, at least not in the same sense that we would Barry or even Clark Kent.

Ollie isn't perfect, heck, he was a killer. But I like what he stands for. He has a crusade against terror, and whilst he doesn't always make the best decisions - I feel that's part of the point of his character. And he's lucky enough to realise that he's got some really good friends/family to help make him a better person. And ultimately, THE Green Arrow.

Think people have watched too much Justice League Unlimited. Ollie's always been kind of an ass****. Even on that show he had ass**** tendacies.

Last edited:
Think people have watched too much Justice League Unlimited. Ollie's always been kind of an ass****. Even on that show he had ass**** tendacies.

While that is true I do wonder if making him too much of an ass**** hurts the ratings. They need to be careful about going much farther down that road IMO.

I don't think he's any worse now than ever. In fact, I'd argue he's been far worse in the past. He's mellowing out as he becomes less of a killer. So I don't think it'll have much impact on ratings.

Sorry but the age we live in him being an ass doesn't effect ratings. Guy was a killer in Season 1 and people were fine with it.

I like Oliver; I mean he's no saint, that's for sure.lol.

But I like him enough where I'm invested in watching this show, obviously.lol I just found it funnier though on how the producers keep choosing to introduce the "new" heroes in Arrow that have been known for being..well, more likable at times when it comes to their personalities.lol

Since Arrow has made Oliver into a quasi-Batman, it's not surprising. Bruce is routinely the least "likeable" personality when he's in a room as well, especially compared to people like the Flash.

I don't see Ollie as unlikable at all, he clearly cares and wants to do the right thing, sometimes he can be stubborn in how he goes about it, but he's been through hell and is a mortal man fighting an uphill war, he's flawed, that's what I like about him, he mistakes and has to deal with the fallout.

Not that I have anything against chipper heroes who are always nice like Barry, Clark and Peter Parker, they offer their own aspects to heroism.

Why are they shoving LaurelCannary down our throats? No one wants to see that ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"