Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that the reveal has nothing to do with the kid but something esle a dark secret.......there are other possibilities beside the kid

Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is well on her way to becoming Black Canary now that she's in training. How long of a journey is that going to be for her?
It depends on how you define "journey." What Laurel is going to discover is that being a hero is more than wearing a mask and that wearing a mask and costume does not a hero make. It's not going to be an easy road for Laurel no matter how quickly she suits up.

Exactly what I expected to hear.

So I guess it's going to be a few more trips to the hospital for her.

Going back to the discussion from the other thread that I started by pointing out that Oliver was fighting competently after only a few sessions with Slade and Shado, let's take a trip down memory lane:
At the beginning of the flashback sequences in "The Odyssey", we see Oliver get his butt kicked by Slade, and the impression is given that he still has a LOT to learn to even approach competency, yet not a day later we see him help Slade escape from Fyers' clutches by taking out a guard. You're going to tell me that it's not unrealistic for Oliver to start out the episode getting his butt kicked and yet not a day later suddenly be able to take out an armed guard, yet complain about Laurel "not being ready to be the Canary" after what will have been numerous workout sessions with Ted Grant?

Please. The double standard here is both tiresome and idiotic.

They did nothing but train for days, with no distractions. He had competence literally beat into him. And even then he was barely useful, with Slade doing most of the work. The only thing he managed to do was to disarm a guy, because that's one of the moves he learned over and over again.

There's a couple of days - AT MOST - between when Oliver stumbles into Slade's lair and when he and Slade invade the airstrip and are subsequently apprehended by Fyers' men while they wait for the plane to land, and the flashback opens by expressly showing us that Oliver can't fight worth crap (something that's reinforced when Slade has to rescue him from the guard in the control tower), yet he (Oliver) is taking down an armed guard less than a few hours later.

You're making excuses for a character you like in order to vilify a character that you don't.

No, all that showed us, is that he needed a bit more confidence and not hesitate, when he wants to try to disarm someone. And that's how he managed to disarm a guard on his second try.

The only thing that's not working for me this season is the China flashbacks, I have no idea where they're going with that and you can blatantly tell the budget for those scenes is extremely limited. Oliver's been in that guy's house 90% of the time and not doing much of anything but hey, we have 17 episodes left so it could get much, much better.

The flashbacks in the first two seasons were awesome because of Slade. You know eventually he'd come to Starling because the arrow threw the eye. So there was this expectation that it would lead to something.

I hope the Hong Kong story is going to eventually improve. So far it's not all that exciting. And the reveal why Waller wanted that plane blown out of the sky, was uber bonkers. Seriously, 1 woman? And it's just China White? You're going to kill tons of civilians because of her? Still can't stand Waller and her tactics. She is just too happy to blow something up, when it makes her job easier. She's like the complete opposite of JLU's Waller.

I hope the Hong Kong story is going to eventually improve. So far it's not all that exciting. And the reveal why Waller wanted that plane blown out of the sky, was uber bonkers. Seriously, 1 woman? And it's just China White? You're going to kill tons of civilians because of her? Still can't stand Waller and her tactics. She is just too happy to blow something up, when it makes her job easier. She's like the complete opposite of JLU's Waller.

I'm sure Waller has her reasons she doesn't mind killing people but it's always a numbers game with her. The potential lives saved vs lives lost. In that way she is like an accountant at a fortune 500 company, that decides how many people get laid off.

I agree with others on CHina flashbacks.They aren't working.Season 1 even ebfore we met slade had my intrest.

I am in minority in my dislike of laurel hasn't changed and tonight i wanted to
fastforward through her scenes.I grew to love Sara over season 2 and being stuck with Laurel Is just a downgrade.

If Ra's didn't have sara killed I will be shocked.

Thank God for Felicity and Thea with them forcing Laurel on show.

No, all that showed us, is that he needed a bit more confidence and not hesitate, when he wants to try to disarm someone. And that's how he managed to disarm a guard on his second try.

:facepalm:

You sound like a politician trying to jump through verbal hoops in order to avoid looking like a fool.

So I guess it's going to be a few more trips to the hospital for her.

4Iujo5X.gif

"Doctor,we have a 'Laurel Lance' in ER"

"****,again?!? What is that woman into?"

:facepalm:

You sound like a politician trying to jump through verbal hoops in order to avoid looking like a fool.

No, all I keep saying that he just ****ing disarmed one guy. He didn't turn into Rambo.

The China flashbacks are about introducing Katana and giving us what ever reason she will end up having for becoming a vigilante and coming to Starling. I'm guessing by her attitude tonight it will have something to do with her family getting hurt or killed and blaming Ollie for it.

I hope not. Why do always the wrong people get blamed? If Ollie could leave, he would have been long gone. It's not like he stays with her and her family because he has a choice.

No, all I keep saying that he just ****ing disarmed one guy. He didn't turn into Rambo.

He went from having to get his butt rescued by Slade to flipping over another guard and taking him out in the span of less than 24 hours, but let's examine this second example:
The flashback events chronicled in "Home Invasion", "Darkness on the Edge of Town", and "Sacrifice" all take place basically on top of one another. In HI, Oliver can't hit the broadside of a barn with an arrow, but, in "Sacrifice", he's able to shoot accurately enough to hit Fyers in the neck and kill him.

ARROW
“The Brave and the Bold” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

PART TWO OF THE ARROW AND FLASH CROSSOVER EVENT — Oliver (Stephen Amell), Arsenal (Colton Haynes) and Diggle (David Ramsey) track down the location of a boomerang-wielding killer named Digger Harkness (guest star) but are surprised when they come face to face with an A.R.G.U.S. team. Diggle asks Lyla (guest star) why A.R.G.U.S. is involved but she defers until Harkness attacks the building, killing several agents and targeting Lyla. The Arrow joins the fight and gets help from an old friend – The Flash (guest star Grant Gustin). Harkness manages to get away and Oliver teams up with Barry again to find him before he can get to Lyla. When Harkness plants five bombs in the city that are timed to explode at the same time, both teams must come together to save the city. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg, and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Grainne Godfree Schwartz (#308). Original airdate 12/3/2014.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/11/the-cw-primetime-listings-for-week-of_13.html

PART ONE OF THE EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT WITH THE FLASH AND ARROW — Barry(Grant Gustin) is thrilled when Oliver (guest star Stephen Amell), Felicity (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (guest star David Ramsey) come to Central City to investigate a case involving a deadly boomerang. Excited about teaming up with his friend, Barry asks Oliver if he’d like to help him stop Ray Bivolo (guest star Patrick Sabongui), the meta-human Barry is currently tracking. Bivolo causes people to lose control of their emotions and has been using that skill to robbanks. Unfortunately, the superhero partnership doesn’t go as smoothly as Barry expected. When Oliver tells Barry he still has a lot to learn, Barry sets out to prove him wrong by attempting to stopBivolo alone. However, when Bivolo infects Barry and sets him on a rage rampage, everyone is in danger, and the only one who can stop him is the Arrow. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) is furious when Eddie (Rick Cosnett) tries to get a task force to stop The Flash, Joe and Dr. Wells(Tom Cavanagh) agree the Arrow is a bad influence on Barry, and Caitlin and Cisco deal with a newteam in S.T.A.R. Labs. Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & AndrewKreisberg and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brooke Eikmeier (#107).

first superman
and now this

I always wonder how these characters must have wonderful health insurance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"