Arrow General Discussion Thread - - Part 16

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well, if Atom does end up getting his own show, then it'll become a running gag by then for any hero, wanting to get their own show on the CW, must become a love interest for Felicity while appearing first on "Arrow" before moving on.lol

2. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

3. Mike Murdock Registered

Felicity and Vixen? ;)

Regarding Atom and a CW DC superhero glut, what about making it a bridge series a la Agent Carter? I guess it would be more difficult to pull off (given that it can't fill in for both Arrow and Flash), but that would help prevent CW from being dominated by DC characters while still expanding their universe.

I think the biggest issue with Atom is budget and special effects.

4. John Locke One is Dark One is Light

CW wants to have more summer series. So an Atom or Suicide Squad series could work for summer 2016. Maybe even a Justice League series since we'll have Arrow, Flash, Black Canary, Atom, Firestorm and probably Supergirl and Vixen by then. Plus whoever else they add next season.

5. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

While I am not a fan of that animation look, it is still very up there in terms of quality.

And going by Play It Again, Dick, this "show" will probably come in under 10 minutes an episode.

While I wouldn't be against it, I don't think they will waste a DC show for Summer (on TheCW that is)

6. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The quality is fine. I'm just tired of seeing the same designs with slight variations all the time now. Actually I'm tired of the same quality too. The original run of DTVs had a variety of designs and quality and I liked that.

7. Boy Scout Registered

I wouldn't have said no to a different style.

EDIT: I also wish that Vixen's costume wasn't so plain.

8. coluanprime Registered

Personally, I LOVE Phil Bourassa's designs, though I liked his Young Justice work better than his DTV work. As for the DTVs, the ones that are in continuity with each other have Bourassa work, but the non-continuity ones (like Assault on Arkham), don't have him.

9. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well seeing as how it was just revealed that they'll save "crossovers" for a "Fall/Winter" event-only type of thing, I guess that means that we shouldn't expect Barry to pop up in the finale and help Oliver go up against the LOA.

So realistically speaking, the only heroes that Oliver will have at his corner...should he go on a full assault against the LOA would be Arsenal, Laurel's BC, and the Atom.

Honestly, unless they take the B.S. level to a whole new horizon, I can't believe that Roy or Laurel (no matter how efficient both will become with their crime fighting skills) would be ready to take on professionally trained assassins.

10. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

If Ollie can do it after 5 years (not all of spent training), having Roy/Laurel do it after 3 or so years in the buisness wont be any less believable.

11. John Locke One is Dark One is Light

I think characters can still crossover at anytime. Like Arrow in the Flash pilot or Felicity in episode 4. But both casts coming together on each show like Flash vs Arrow won't happen until next season.

12. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well to be honest, Oliver got his ass kicked by Merlin in their first two encounters, with the second ending more in a draw since Oliver stabbed himself with an arrow to get to Merlin.

Roy got owned by Nyssa within less than a minute and Roy is probably a more better fighter than Laurel.

13. ChrisBaleBatman Legendary Hero

In a sense, yeah. My understand is, he seems to have a little more in common with the Flash, than with Ant-Man. He can alter the force of impact to his surroundings with his body, so he can do things like glide in the air or levitate, he can punch through a concrete wall, or cause an explosion with his fist, while also being able to get even smaller (at an...atomic level, IMO).

He seems like he might be a little OP compared to Ant-Man.

#988 ChrisBaleBatman, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  14. herolee10 No More Miracles

I wonder if they'll ever be able to do anything as big scale as the three part finale from Season 2 involving Slade's attack on Starling City.

It's too bad the writers/producers have said that Slade's attack on Starling is probably the last time that we'll see the city involved in such a angle since it would have been more better to see Team Arrow join forces with Flash, Firestorm, and Atom to take on an army of Mirakuru soldiers, without the LOA involved.

15. Mikelus Intellectualis

Not necessarily if they give Laurel the canary cry by the end of the season. I know the producers said she won't, but they also said no superpowers and changed their minds later, so it can happen again. :word:

And Vixen "being part" of the CWverse sounds like another gimmick to get more people watching. The Arrow and Flash digital comics are canon, but there's not a single reference to the events from those comics (some are important enough), so there's no pay-off for those reading and creates continuity issues. They should be ashamed of these gimmicks, the Flash digital comics are awful, Arrow's a bit better, but still very mediocre.

16. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

If the comments Luis posted a few pages back are hinting at what I suspect, then the ratings are going to tank sooner than later with a large portion of the fandom walking away (bit like Castle has suffered after the badly done cliffhanger last season). Sticking to the comic canon of Oliver & Laurel is only going to harm the show after how badly they've ruined her character.

IMHO, they've moved the characters too far away from each other, and moved Oliver too close to Felicity, to make anything between laurel and Oliver work anymore.

17. herolee10 No More Miracles

Even if Oliver and Felicity weren't a thing, let alone with Laurel having her fair share of critics as well...I would think that the possibility of Laurel wanting to get back together with Oliver have he's been with her sister, both before and after the Island would be pretty messed up.

18. luis4u Registered

19. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

How come Emily Bett Rickards, of all people, wasn't at this conference? You'd think she'd be one of the most in demand.

20. luis4u Registered

only costume heroes and villains were invited

“I wasn’t in charge of invitations for this panel,” Kreisberg joked. “We’re blessed, we have so many great female superheroes and villains. We have Caity Lotz, the original Canary, Katrina Law [as Nyssa], we have Rila Fukushima who plays Tatsu, who will become Katana before the end of the season.”

http://www.thewrap.com/arrow-the-flash-ep-greg-berlanti-apologizes-for-lack-of-women-on-tca-panel/

21. luis4u Registered

22. luis4u Registered

+Guggenheim refers to the Vixen animated series as a spinoff, that will feature characters that currently appear on both Arrow and The Flash. Guggenheim also adds that the series will be a 6-part origin story for Vixen.

+One fun scene Guggenheim teased was that Oliver (Stephen Amell) will find out that Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) kissed Barry (Grant Gusting) in the animated series. Guggenheim says fans have been asking him for quite sometime whether Oliver would ever find out about that.

+Vixen will have a "big magic component"; something not previously explored on either Arrow or Flash.

+The Vixen animated series will be set in Detroit as a reference to the characters Justice League Detroit comic book roots.

+Writers Keto Shimizu and Brian Ford Sullivan are working on the series with Guggenheim.

+Here's what Guggenheim had to say about the animated series serving as a backdoor pilot of sorts for a live-action introduction of Vixen on Flash or Arrow. "We always say "never say never," and if the character resonates with people, that would be wonderful. I would love to be in a position where CW said to us, "Hey, we want a 'Vixen' live-action show." That'd be wonderful. We'll have to sort of see how things play out. But our goal really is to produce the highest-quality animated series. We want people to come to this who don't normally watch an animated show. We really want fans of "The Flash" and fans of "Arrow" to go to CW Seed. We really tried to approach it the same way we approach a pilot."

+As far as the characters from the live-action shows voicing their animated counterparts in Vixen, Guggenheim says many of the actors are just finding out about the project for the first time but the response from them has been encouraging so "all signs are good".

Hopefully, Vixen does eventually make her way over to the live-action Arrow and Flash TV shows. With Katana, Black Canary, Huntress, Speedy and even Felicity Smoak, Arrow is definitely making it possible for The CW to have a Birds of Prey spinoff.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58392

23. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

So I guess Vixen wont be referenced in the show unless it is a moderate hit.

24. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

I'm down with an Atom show

25. John Locke One is Dark One is Light

What's weird is I think she went. John Barrowman posted a picture of himself, her, and Grant Gustin on a plane they day or so of the panel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.