Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look who showed up on last weeks NCIS.
vlcsnap-2015-02-08-14skq4q.png

How many times is Starling City going to be destroyed, levelled or looted? It has the most unfortunate luck.
Yeah, I give the writers credit for addressing it at the start of the season, and making it a reason why Ray wants to re-brand the city, but I really think they need to start taking the fight out of the city.

I get that Oliver is all about protecting "his" city, but its become the equivalent of a damsel in distress where he's always having to save her, er..., I mean it.

And he keeps doing a, not so great job of it. In Season 1, Malcolm (mostly) succeeds in his plan to destroy the Glades. In Season 2 Oliver defeats Slade, but only after his super-powered army rampages through the city causing tons of damage and killings lots of people, including the mayor, DA, and a bunch of cops. And here, he's not even around when Brick's gang starts wreaking havoic. Oh lord, I don't even want to imagine that carnage that would ensue if/when Ra's finally decides to get serious.

So I was just wondering,how about Prometheus for the next season big baddie,unlike Ra's he's the one Batman villain who actually does make sense as a GA villain and again unlike Ra's he can be more hands on in his approach to villainy,and get Roy to be more involved in the plot.

http://www.comicvine.com/prometheus/4005-22784/

I don't see how R'as doesn't make sense. Yeah, he's Batman's first and foremost. But he trained Green Arrow's arch-nemesis in the comics as well, it's only natural they'd come into conflict.

I just hope that they make changes to the Black Canary suit next season. Add some yellow to it.

It's been a mainstay in majority of her costumes. Blue and Yellow have been switch offs.
Birds%20of%20Prey%20056-11.jpg

Last edited:
what you think of this? Stephen Amell posted this yesterday and he said it NOT Vertigo and no from this week episode......hm

10940588_802389923179610_4810061274981667822_n.jpg

I don't see how R'as doesn't make sense. Yeah, he's Batman's first and foremost. But he trained Green Arrow's arch-nemesis in the comics as well, it's only natural they'd come into conflict.

Batman and Lex Luthor coming in to conflict is even more natural,but that doesn't mean a hypothetical Batman show should reduce say Bane to a 3 episode arc while Lex gets to be big bad. Ra's and GA have no history,NONE whatsoever, most people will bring up Black Canary's "history" to justify an indirect association but ignore completely that it's virtually non existent as well and whatever did exist was within the pages of Batman books,yes Birds of Prey is a Batman book,it was created by the Batman editorial and is managed by Batman editors.
Merlyn never showed up with Ra's in GA books,even his association with the Al Ghuls only exists in the pages of Batman books(particularly Grant Morrisons run).
Either way,what is done is done, but Prometheus is far more of a natural foil for GA,despite being an anti-Batman/Bat villain himself than Ra's. Ra's is too intricately tied to the Batman mythos and I'm willing to bet that's the reason why writers have been so hesitant to use him more often and unwilling to use the pit to resurrect Ollie. Apart from hunting down Merlyn there really is not anything they can do with Ra's without making it look like they're ripping Batman material.

Batman and Lex Luthor coming in to conflict is even more natural,but that doesn't mean a hypothetical Batman show should reduce say Bane to a 3 episode arc while Lex gets to be big bad. Ra's and GA have no history,NONE whatsoever, most people will bring up Black Canary's "history" to justify an indirect association but ignore completely that it's virtually non existent as well and whatever did exist was within the pages of Batman books,yes Birds of Prey is a Batman book,it was created by the Batman editorial and is managed by Batman editors.
Merlyn never showed up with Ra's in GA books,even his association with the Al Ghuls only exists in the pages of Batman books(particularly Grant Morrisons run).
Either way,what is done is done, but Prometheus is far more of a natural foil for GA,despite being an anti-Batman/Bat villain himself than Ra's. Ra's is too intricately tied to the Batman mythos and I'm willing to bet that's the reason why writers have been so hesitant to use him more often and unwilling to use the pit to resurrect Ollie. Apart from hunting down Merlyn there really is not anything they can do with Ra's without making it look like they're ripping Batman material.

Well maybe read GA's books before making such statements?
The League has shown up in the GA books... in the second arc of the GA/Canary book they fight the league with Bats after some fake league members shoot Arrow's son...(the League appers after an ArrowTeam member gets shot and is at first wrongfully accused of having been said shooter only to then start a real conflict for other reasons? Now that sound familiar!). They have also appeared in the comic that led to Arrow and Canary's marriage. The league there is suffering from Ra's' "death" at the hands of Nyssa and some not-loyals to her look for new leaders and therefore want to abduct Sin in order to raise her as an asassin. The leader of this group? Merlyn! (Merlyn trains someone close to GA? Now that sounds familiar again!).

That said...yes: the history between the two is very thin, and of course gives us much less story than the one between Bats and Ra's. Therefore they lend elements from the Bats/Ra's conflict. But: They are using what little history there is between the characters for the show, which is a nice nod to fans and makes sense. Ra's is a force to be potentially reckoned with for every DC hero. It makes sense to use him as a big bad on every show you want even if there were no history (and there is here).
The important thing is not to emulate his conflict with Bats and that is not something they are doing. Ollie is not Ra's' equal. Ra's doesn't want him as an ally or respect his capabilities too much (he calls Bats "detective" whereas Ollie was just a "boy"). He doesn't get personal with Ollie (Bats is special in that matter) but fights him because of League issues.
That said: We all know that if the producers could they would say something about Batman, like letting Ra's compare Ollie to the "far superior detective in Gotham" or something like that, because in their minds Batman exists in this world (they have said they would want him if they could get him and nodded to him with Harley. Our only hope though would be if the CWverse would really include the upcoming Titans show to their world, because they will have to reference him there).

Last edited:
The League has shown up in the GA books... in the second arc of the GA/Canary book they fight the league with Bats after some fake league members shoot Arrow's son...(the League appers after an ArrowTeam member gets shot and is at first wrongfully accused of having been said shooter only to then start a real conflict for other reasons? Now that sound familiar!). They have also appeared in the comic that led to Arrow and Canary's marriage. The league there is suffering from Ra's' "death" at the hands of Nyssa and some not-loyals to her look for new leaders and therefore want to abduct Sin in order to raise her as an asassin. The leader of this group? Merlyn! (Merlyn trains someone close to GA? Now that sounds familiar again!).

That said...yes: the history between the two is very thin, and of course gives us much less story than the one between Bats and Ra's. Therefore they lend elements from the Bats/Ra's conflict. But: They are using what little history there is between the characters for the show, which is a nice nod to fans and makes sense. Ra's is a force to be potentially reckoned with for every DC hero. It makes sense to use him as a big bad on every show you want even if there were no history (and there is here).
The important thing is not to emulate his conflict with Bats and that is not something they are doing. Ollie is not Ra's' equal. Ra's doesn't want him as an ally or respect his capabilities too much (he calls Bats "detective" whereas Ollie was just a "boy"). He doesn't get personal with Ollie (Bats is special in that matter) but fights him because of League issues.
That said: We all know that if the producers could they would say something about Batman, like letting Ra's compare Ollie to the "far superior detective in Gotham" or something like that, because in their minds Batman exists in this world (they have said they would want him if they could get him and nodded to him with Harley. Our only hope though would be if the CWverse would really include the upcoming Titans show to their world, because they will have to reference him there).
I've said this before in another thread the only reason this would happen is if the new titans show was a CW show as well.

That way they could use the actual first members like Night wing with Roy wonder girl I , Aqua lad/ soon to be called tempest & Wally west which would have to be barry's Adopted , well Actually iris's cousin cause of Linda park's force rushed age which they forced into the show in the weirdest way cause they wanted a lame love triangle of all thing's . the second season they can have cyborg & the others like rave &b beast boy with star fire come in it'll set the show apart from that the DCAU makers which screwed up with making that show a little too jokey.

And hey the actor that play's Roy might actually see more development for his character since the Arrow writers are having trouble there with what to do with him story wise, beside's when they make Oliver leave town sadly. which means the writers of arrow have focus issues currently. of which they shouldn't have but they do cause one too many of them are writing stuff one character more the others.

The point is it's easier if the shows are on the very same net work for this to work it seems when it comes to cross over's or guest star appearances of late which CBS has been show casing among others like nbc with it's Chicago fire cross overs with it's PD Spin off with the last of the law & orders.

The only ones that pulled off that cross net work of "cross over's"were the Sci -fi shows "First wave & the X-files" no one else has done that since cause people like to have issue over money or other similar issues when their shows or ip's are not under the same roof.

Last edited:
Is there a movement to actually make Digg's code name "Black Driver?" :funny:

"Whatta you guys pulling these names outta a hat now?"

Is there a movement to actually make Digg's code name "Black Driver?" :funny:

"Whatta you guys pulling these names outta a hat now?"

someone's really pushing for that on the Web it seems . But seeing he was a "Body guard" ( oh yeah he only remembered this when brick gave him a half shiner. otherwise he doesn't act like one t or remember it too often ) & the fact he'd find that name insulting some how.... :funny:

Last edited:
I've said this before in another thread the only reason this would happen is if the new titans show was a CW show as well.

That way they could use the actual first members like Night wing with Roy wonder girl I , Aqua lad/ soon to be called tempest & Wally west which would have to be barry's Adopted , well Actually iris's cousin cause of Linda park's force rushed age which they forced into the show in the weirdest way cause they wanted a lame love triangle of all thing's . the second season they can have cyborg & the others like rave &b beast boy with star fire come in it'll set the show apart from that the DCAU makers which screwed up with making that show a little too jokey.

And hey the actor that play's Roy might actually see more development for his character since the Arrow writers are having trouble there with what to do with him story wise, beside's when they make Oliver leave town sadly. which means the writers of arrow have focus issues currently. of which they shouldn't have but they do cause one too many of them are writing stuff one character more the others.

The point is it's easier if the shows are on the very same net work for this to work it seems when it comes to cross over's or guest star appearances of late which CBS has been show casing among others like nbc with it's Chicago fire cross overs with it's PD Spin off with the last of the law & orders.

The only ones that pulled off that cross net work of "cross over's"were the Sci -fi shows "First wave & the X-files" no one else has done that since cause people like to have issue over money or other similar issues when their shows or ip's are not under the same roof.

They've already released the roster for the show so no, no Arsenal, but that's not the point. Given the difficulties that such a network-crossing-crossover (I'll come up with a better word) lets arise, I don't even want them to crossover. Just share the universe.
Say that the Titans are active on Arrow (maybe with a snarky comment by Roy, saying he'd never join such a team) and say Team Arrow is active in Starling on the Titans Show. The only crossover would maybe be a short guest appearance by Colton Haynes (a la Jackman in First Class, telling them he doesn't want to join) and maybe using Bennet as Deathstroke (which would be feasable as he's not active on Arrow anymore except for an occasional guest appearance).

They've already released the roster for the show so no, no Arsenal, but that's not the point. Given the difficulties that such a network-crossing-crossover (I'll come up with a better word) lets arise, I don't even want them to crossover. Just share the universe.
Say that the Titans are active on Arrow (maybe with a snarky comment by Roy, saying he'd never join such a team) and saying Team Arrow is active in Starling on the Titans Show. The only crossover would maybe be a short guest appearance by Colton Haynes (a la Jackman in First Class, telling them he doesn't want to join) and maybe using Bennet as Deathstroke (which would be feasable as he's not active on Arrow anymore except for an occasional guest appearance).
what I said completely went over your head. I was saying a cross over won't ever happen at all nether will guest star appearance for that matter cause they aren't on the same tv net work at all. which these for ether to happen you have to be o the same tv network other wise they won't bother to do so other wise.

The thing I mentioned with "First wave & the X-files" was in the early days before tv networks locked up their shows to only their channels alone. other wise the o reason it was mentioned is cause it was the only time such a event happened is likely ever happen ever again

Wolverine showed up in first class the movie cause they are bot fox movie projects. if he was under another studio Jackman wouldn't have shown up. (would have bee a good thin sadly to say)

Tv wise so Roy can't mention he wouldn't join( as you want) he can't say a damn thing about the titan's.
But what I did say if they were on the same net work he might possibly have better development, since the writers of arrow don't want to split work for each character like have two writers which will each focuses making plot's fleshed out stories per character with what they already have since there is more then one writer on that show.

but all can't domore the focuse for oe character cause they put all their focus on anything besides one character or two characters mostly cause they want a love triangle or up & down romance be side the action scenes . they put most of the other stuff on one character mostly too much, for the time being. which even the animated DC writers of bat man others put them to shame.

But they refuse give Roy more of background like his family or why he ended up on the streets to look further into . until there's alot to explore with each of the characters but they focuse in wrong places at times with stuff that will enrich the show by adding more to each character.

oh it's best not to mention fox movies again. They have serious focused issues with ensemble cast's as well. when they can easily solve that problem. that movie series which is truly made for an ensemble cast of characters where each character can have the spot with the sequels they make. but they are overly obsessed with one character that already has his titled movie series.

Last edited:

Yeah I've read all those books,maybe you should explain fully what happened in them instead of cherry picking,the GA/BC book used a FAKE Ra's al Ghul(Shado in disguise) and a bunch of losers who falsely believed they were working for Ra's. In other words there was no League nor Ra's,unless you a count a hologram of Ra's telling everyone he had nothing to do with anything which again was brought by Batman.

The Merlyn thing you mentioned happened in a Black Canary book,and it was directly based off events that transpired in the Batman books(Batman & Son,Batman Death and Maidens,Robin One Year Later issues,Birds of Prey and eventually culminated in the short lived second Batgirl ongoing and Batman: Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul).

The conflict between Ollie and Ra's exists in this show only because of Merlyn and Merlyn has been written very inconsistently or dare I say stupidly throughout this season,they were better off using the Brick for main villain,or if they really wanted the League they should have used Sensei who was Merlyn's true master/teacher. You and I both know Ra's was only used precisely because of his association with Batman.

Sigh. I think Oliver's costume is perfect the way it is, I hope the change of costume isn't too much of a difference.

Wolverine showed up in first class the movie cause they are bot fox movie projects. if he was under another studio Jackman wouldn't have shown up. (would have bee a good thin sadly to say)

Alternatively, what if Wolverine showed up in First Class because they are both X-Men movie projects?

Alternatively, what if Wolverine showed up in First Class because they are both X-Men movie projects?
still under the same movie studio which was fox. wolverine came as a package deal there, any other sort of spin of like a cable movie or x-force or gen x-factor to Excalibur will be the same deal there(I still want marvel to have the rights back .) Fox wouldn't have used wolverine if it was under someone like Sony or another studio & they would have been some sort of weird dispute if they were shared.

So fan's of those movies should be happy in away cause or the companies are always fighting over issues like that except in very rare cases. very rare. anyways him using that was a weird example period their under the same umbrella movie studio wise. movie studio haven't shared in a while cause some of the Executive get greedy too often. sadly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"