Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - Part 17

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider-Ock SpOck

The actress who plays Lyla Michaels also appeared in the most recent episode of Castle. And David Ramsey is/was a recurring character in the TV show Blue Blodds :yay:

2. dhandler01 Half breed!

CW is part owned by Time Warner and TNT is obviously also owned by Warners, a cross over would not be hard. It probably wont happen but the logistics would not be that hard.

3. zenith16 Registered

We'll see then, cause if that excuse is given .... other wise it would be a good place to have Roy be further developed & for the titan's to be done right for a change tv wise . Besides it can be said that Roy is a part time titan's member like how bat man claimed he was a part time leaguer in the JL-JLU animated series, but was one of the main leaders cause he was there from the start & provided stuff like there HQ transportation. besides when he chose the name Arsenal for him self it was at the very same time Dick grayson took on the name night wing to show they aren't side kicks anymore And have grown up past that & he had them linked to his(Roy's) government work for the CBI (Befor he moved on to checkmate) there's alot of stories to tap with Roy & they can still do their own thing creative wise in how it's done. it's a focus & priority's thing they have enough writers but....

#978 zenith16, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  4. Seb We are all Bat-People

I think that the main problem is that you need a connection to make a compelling story. There's no comic precedence or in universe backstory that really links Ollie and Ra's, so you get a dodgy story that feels pretty forced and weakens Ra's as a villain (apparently he's not even capable of properly killing a person).

In the comics, the really GA/League link is through Dinah/Sin/Shiva, something which is not at all present in this show (and that was a pure Dinah/BoP storyline until the whole wedding thing anyway), And Ra's isn't really important to those stories. I've said it before, they weakened the story by killing Sara off at the start of the season. They should either have used her as the link to the League along with Merlyn, or else killed her and used a more appropriate villain for Ollie.

I'm not saying it's impossible to have a strong villain without an interesting personal relationship with the hero, I'm just saying that the Arrow team seem bad at it. (The Flash team seem to focus on this as well, unsurprisingly.)

5. Arrowshieldfan Registered

some interesting comment from Marc

No plans for what we call the “B-lair” to make a return, but you never know. And you’re right about the original one not being that secure. More on that to come.

A very good chance, yes. (Watch this space.)

Yes. The next time he’s shirtless.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

6. Loki882 Registered

Yeah. For the (immortal) leader of an ancient order of ninja assassins, and who's killed countless people over his life, Ra's apparently really sucks at it. He cannot even kill one guy whom he outclasses in pretty much every way. And he displays Bond-villain levels of stupidity by just assuming that Oliver is dead. Check the body idiot. The writers going with the "Oliver was never really dead" explanation is not only really lame/nonsensical, but also makes Ra's look really incompetent.

7. Human Torch Registered

Well,he kicked him off a huge cliff,shirtless in the freezing snow, after running him through to the hilt. In fairness, Ra's shouldn't have doubted he was dead.

8. luis4u Registered

Arrow Boss on Oliver vs. New Team Dynamic, Felicity's Status, 'Love Letter' to Fans and Game-Changing Twist *Spoilers

Oliver Queen has returned to a new Team Arrow.
    Having being “dead” for a month, Oliver resurfaced to help knock down Danny “Brick” Brickwell and save the Glades. Afterward, he found a moment to survey the new landscape (Laurel has gone full Canary!) and then he clashed with his No. 1 gal Felicity, who declared that she doesn’t want to be loved by a man who would ally with the likes of Malcolm Merlyn.
    TVLINE | I feel like we’re entering the “third act” of the season, following Sara’s murder and that investigation, and then Oliver “dying” at Ra’s al Ghul’s hand, to protect Thea.
    The season is more demarcated in fourths, as opposed to the traditional three-act structure. Certainly Episodes 10, 11 and 12 were their own”mini-act,” with Team Arrow moving on in the wake of Oliver’s apparent death. Episode 13 kicks off the next piece of our story, and things get a really crazy from here on out. Episodes 13, 14 and 15 are probably the next “book” or movement in the story, 15 ends with a game-changing twist, and from 16 to 23 it’s just one crazy run up to the finish line. [Laughs] I’m really excited about where we’re going mainly because, as I tweeted out, when all is said and done with Season 3, stabbing Oliver through the chest and kicking him off a cliff will end up being the least crazy thing we do all year. I encourage people to watch the whole season and then confirm whether or not I’m telling the truth.

TVLINE | Is Oliver able to just jump back into things? The team has come into its own while he was away. Does that almost become a sticking point?
    It’s very much a sticking point. One big piece of Episode 13 is Laurel and all the things that she’s been struggling with — Sara’s death, lying to Quentin, Oliver’s disapproval of her being Black Canary. Meanwhile, you’ve got Oliver who has returned to Starling City and Team Arrow to discover that they have really moved on without him. So, things are not going to be as simple as, “OK, guys I’m back! Everyone start listening to me again.” He’s going to struggle with a brand-new team dynamic, one that is a lot more democratic than he is used to.

http://tvline.com/2015/02/09/arrow-season-3-oliver-felicity-breakup-laurel-canary/

9. Nathan Registered

You'd think if there's one person on the show, who makes sure his victims die, it's effin' Ra's Al Ghul. We saw him slaughtering several people just during his training session. And he easily killed the last guy with a single stab through the body. But of course when he stabs Oliver, his will is enough to survive a wound, that he shouldn't be able to survive.

10. luis4u Registered

[​IMG]

amazing ..

11. Arrowshieldfan Registered

They have not really gone deeper into how Oliver survive......right now that the only explanation but there should be more to this

12. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Maybe Ra's didn't care if he killed him or not....if Ra's wanted him to be 100% dead he would've stabbed in the heart or decapitated him. Idk...just trying to come up with some common sense here.

13. Human Torch Registered

This version of Ra's sorta comes across like he doesn't give a **** to begin with.:hehe:

14. Arach Knight Abstraction of Logic

Alright, so I am VERY behind on the series. Over a year a go, I binge watched the entire first season and loved the take on the character. Combining elements of the Longbow Hunters era with a smidgen of what made the early seasons of Smallville such a successful show.

However, I was really slow to follow the second season. I have only seen the first five or so and it seems that Ollie has withdrawn from his "vendetta ride" so to speak. My question to you all is this: does the show retain the consistency of the first season, or does it start to become campy?

A second question, if you will permit me? I have held on watching The Flash because I am aware of the fact that Arrow serves as a backdoor pilot of sorts. Is it necessary for me to watch the Arrow episodes with introduce the character, or can I watch The Flash without having seen his introduction in Arrow?

Thanks.

15. Boy Scout Registered

1) Season two is significantly better than season one.

2) No, you don't.

16. Arach Knight Abstraction of Logic

Thank you.

17. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    #993 Snow Queen, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  18. Arrowshieldfan Registered

obviously he doesn't care....he probably only decide to fight because Oliver requested it.

19. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

20. Arach Knight Abstraction of Logic

I couldn't even understand what Bane said during the time stamp you linked to.

21. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    "That comes later."

22. Mike Murdock Registered

But the television studio doesn't inherently get the final say. Certainly, I agree, a studio licenses a character for a specific project, which means that Wolverine can't appear in a Sony movie. But it also means Wolverine can't appear in a Fantastic Four movie.

But contracts could say something different. There was talk (and still isn't beyond the realm of possibility) of having Spider-Man (Sony) appear in Civil War or Avengers 3 (Disney). Crossovers, even outside of the same studio, are possible.

In addition, Gotham (Fox) has had the Dollmaker, Arrow (CW) has had the dollmaker. They were separate actors, but there was nothing preventing them from hiring the same actor had they chosen to do so (they did not).

23. luis4u Registered

I think the guy who player Robert queen i dont know the other.

24. luis4u Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.