Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
It would actually be nice if we get a trailer......all those interview has been more or less the same.......

Yeah, at this point, they're all bleeding together. A trailer would be nice right about now.

GREEN ARROW VOL. 4: BLOOD OF THE DRAGON TP
Written by MIKE GRELL
Art by DAN JURGENS, TREVOR VON EEDEN, J.J. BIRCH and others
Cover by J.J. BIRCH
On sale DECEMBER 30 • 264 pg, FC, $17.99 US
Green Arrow must team up with Shado to rescue her son from the Yakuza. Then, the Emerald Archer is called to Nottingham, England, to investigate a young witch. And, the Warlord arrives in Green Arrow’s hometown of Seattle. Collects GREEN ARROW #21-28!

GREEN%20ARROW%20V4%20BLOOD%20DRAGON_55ce66ddbb25b3.65812950.jpg

DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR VOL. 2: SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL TP
Written by MARV WOLFMAN and DAN JURGENS
Art by ART NICHOLS, GEORGE PEREZ, DAN JURGENS, STEVE ERWIN and others
Cover by MIKE ZECK
On sale DECEMBER 23 • 192 pg, FC, $14.99 US
In this new collection of stories from issues #10-13, ANNUAL #1 and SUPERMAN #68, Deathstroke must train the new Vigilante while he recovers from his own recent injuries. Plus, after being captured by Superman, Deathstroke must escape the Justice League of America.

DEATHSTROKE%20TERMINATOR%20V2_55ce667fa69bb8.56895396.jpg

Honestly, I feel like it would have been a better transition to Ray donning on his Atom suit had he been shown providing Starling City's Police Department with some of his advanced weaponry to help protect the city, only to realize after a series of events, that he couldn't rely on them to do so (for several possible reasons).

I feel like Ray's only purpose in Season 3 was to give Olicity a roadblock until the writers were (crazy) ready to put them together at the end of the season, along with having an excuse to have an Iron Man-like character on the show.

I forgot to reply to this. But, I agree. That would've been a better use of Ray. And would've helped with the staleness of him barely interacting with anyone but Felicity at the start of his time on the show.

This actually makes me think of what they would've done with Bruce Wayne on Smallville if they were allowed to use him. The original producers said the main thing was for him to be in a triangle with Clark and Lana. :whatever:

I forgot to reply to this. But, I agree. That would've been a better use of Ray. And would've helped with the staleness of him barely interacting with anyone but Felicity at the start of his time on the show.

This actually makes me think of what they would've done with Bruce Wayne on Smallville if they were allowed to use him. The original producers said the main thing was for him to be in a triangle with Clark and Lana. :whatever:

:cmad: Thank the bat-god that for the infinite wisdom of WB execs for saying no to that. Certain characters I'm fine engaging in love triangles for various reasons. However a guy like Bruce Wayne, and Frank Castle should never be among them because vengeance is their mistress.

Wasn't Ian Somerhalder's character (Adam?) supposed to be Bruce Wayne but then they were forbidden to use him so he became someone else? But yeah, love triangle with Clark and Lana.

Wasn't Ian Somerhalder's character (Adam?) supposed to be Bruce Wayne but then they were forbidden to use him so he became someone else? But yeah, love triangle with Clark and Lana.

Yes.

Everyone was ok with Amell being cast since none of us really knew who he was.

Some people wanted Justin Hartley back for the role.

Everyone loved Katie Cassidy being cast in the role and were nothing but positive.

Majority of people hated the Star City becoming Starling City.

Barely anyone said anything about John Ramsey.

Willa Holland was met with warm reception.

....I had hoped that they would introduce Huntress and start her off as a villain before becoming a hero.......

I was a common poster at the time and my opinion was that I was on the fence. I loved Justin Hartley, but hated everything about his character once he became a series regular. But to be honest, I never once watched an episode of Arrow during its original run. What ended up selling me on the show was that I had a Netflix account and I saw a really convincing cosplayer in the Arrow suit at NYCC. So I checked out the show and was hooked by the end of the first episode. I ended up watching 3-4 episodes a night after work and then caught up to season 2 early on in once I heard the Black Canary made an appearance.

In retrospect, I don't know who different things would have been had I started watching right from the start. One of the things that really hooked me was how each episode would end in a way that made you anxious to see the next one, and after I fell behind in season 2, I watched the last 8 episodes back to back and I appreciated it a lot more than I did watching Arrow and Flash on a weekly basis last season.

I'm seeing this video pop up on my Facebook feed a lot on whether they'll ever bring Bruce Wayne on etc.

[YT]zFx16rimJfw[/YT]

The way I see it, the only way they'll do that in my opinion is the same way they did it in Smallville. That is, when both Flash and Arrow end, they could make a comic to wrap up everything where the heavy hitters show up.

I was a common poster at the time and my opinion was that I was on the fence. I loved Justin Hartley, but hated everything about his character once he became a series regular. But to be honest, I never once watched an episode of Arrow during its original run. What ended up selling me on the show was that I had a Netflix account and I saw a really convincing cosplayer in the Arrow suit at NYCC. So I checked out the show and was hooked by the end of the first episode. I ended up watching 3-4 episodes a night after work and then caught up to season 2 early on in once I heard the Black Canary made an appearance.

In retrospect, I don't know who different things would have been had I started watching right from the start. One of the things that really hooked me was how each episode would end in a way that made you anxious to see the next one, and after I fell behind in season 2, I watched the last 8 episodes back to back and I appreciated it a lot more than I did watching Arrow and Flash on a weekly basis last season.

Would that moment be the:

*BLAM!* "Survive." *BLAM*

moment?

Because damn, was that a great dramatic hook for the episode. I mean, I kind of liked the rest of the pilot, but it was fairly generic. Knowing that Oliver's dad sacrificed himself and another person for his son said so much about our protagonist and the show itself.

Would that moment be the:

*BLAM!* "Survive." *BLAM*

moment?

Because damn, was that a great dramatic hook for the episode. I mean, I kind of liked the rest of the pilot, but it was fairly generic. Knowing that Oliver's dad sacrificed himself and another person for his son said so much about our protagonist and the show itself.

While I don't agree the plot was generic, that scene was great.I thought they got REALLY Dark , for a cw tv series, when they showed his father commiting a murder-suicide to save his son. This scene , coupled with the one with Oliver acrobatically taking out his kidnappers, made me know that this show was going to be something special. It certainly didn't dissapoint. Especially not season 3. I honestly have no idea why people complain about this season, it had some annoying olicity moments, but I loved the quality of the whole season regardless.

I was REALLY impressed with the pilot. I had avoided the show when it initially aired because I was all like "A show centered on Green Arrow.....yeah, no thanks. On the CW no less." I started hearing good reviews about the show and how some well known DC characters were popping up like Deathstroke and Deadshot and I was curious.

What sold me on the pilot was the scene where Oliver foes after the kidnappers and we see Amell doing all those impressive parkour moves. Then he snaps the neck of one of them and says "no one can know my secret." I was like "DAMN, this show is on the CW?! This is some dark s***!" That coupled with the fact that unlike Smallville the show fully embraced its superhero roots and didn't pussyfoot around showing our hero suit up and go into action.

I didn't like the pilot on my first viewing. I thought it was typical CW ********. I rewatched it after binge watching the entire first season and ended up liking it a lot more. As far as pilots go, it's decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"