Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
EBR says Felicity will be funny again and I sure the angist/drama stuff was done on purpose.....with season 4 lighter tone it likely it will back to normal

First look at the Green Arrow in a new poster
11960175_911932578892010_993689615677533621_n.jpg

I just want to say that, going back and watching some episodes of S1, I feel that the later seasons amplify S1 so much! For example, knowing how Diggle and Lyla end up by S3, or hearing Roy say "I feel like my life is connected to his (the Arrow's) somehow..." it just makes everything so great. That line from Roy especially is really bittersweet considering how he ends up.

But S1 is really great, I have to say. The action on Oliver's part, I feel, was best in this season, having only been beat perhaps by Oliver vs. Slade in the S2 finale. The other characters' action in the later seasons brings a welcome new aspect to the show, but as far as just Oliver, I think S1 was the best. Of course, that's probably because he was not holding back anything, being willing to kill and all.

Also, I laughed that Diggle says "You always choose Laurel," when by S3 it might as well be "You never choose Laurel!" And when Oliver tells Tommy "She will never learn my secret." Well...

I'm so glad that the days of "Laurel cant know the identity of Arrow"

Hey, I'm not opposed to those two being "together" as long as it's not insufferably annoying. S1 and S2 Oliver/Felicity played off of each other quite well. But then they made it all about the "angst" and "drrraaammaa" and it's just got irritating.

They should watch Castle or Bones for notes on how to write a committed couple who work together (main characters no less) decently.

I didn't have the issues some had with season 3, but I fully agree with the bolded part.

I just want to say that, going back and watching some episodes of S1, I feel that the later seasons amplify S1 so much! For example, knowing how Diggle and Lyla end up by S3, or hearing Roy say "I feel like my life is connected to his (the Arrow's) somehow..." it just makes everything so great. That line from Roy especially is really bittersweet considering how he ends up.

But S1 is really great, I have to say. The action on Oliver's part, I feel, was best in this season, having only been beat perhaps by Oliver vs. Slade in the S2 finale. The other characters' action in the later seasons brings a welcome new aspect to the show, but as far as just Oliver, I think S1 was the best. Of course, that's probably because he was not holding back anything, being willing to kill and all.

Also, I laughed that Diggle says "You always choose Laurel," when by S3 it might as well be "You never choose Laurel!" And when Oliver tells Tommy "She will never learn my secret." Well...

I am just re-watching S1 now myself, and your middle paragraph I couldn't agree with more, the action has simply gone worse since that season, and it's a real shame. I hope they can get back to that level.

I am just re-watching S1 now myself, and your middle paragraph I couldn't agree with more, the action has simply gone worse since that season, and it's a real shame. I hope they can get back to that level.

Seriously, the fight between Oliver and Mr. Quiet was too amazing. And Oliver was in street clothes; no bow, no costume, nothing. It was just a well-choreographed hand-to-hand combat scene.

Yeah, the action and fight choreography in S3 were seriously lacking at times. But then again, many things were lacking in S3.

Seriously, the fight between Oliver and Mr. Quiet was too amazing. And Oliver was in street clothes; no bow, no costume, nothing. It was just a well-choreographed hand-to-hand combat scene.

Definitely, I feel the action has been on a slow decline since S1 where I was always impressed.

My best guess is that the network doesn't want to take too much attention away from TF.

Season 4 is still on "pilot status" for me. If I'm not sold in the first three episodes...

As far as the decline in the quality of the fight choreography. Maybe they felt the hard work they put into season 2 was under appreciated by the award people? I want the gritty fights to comeback though that's for sure. I remember when we were introduced to Nyssa and she took out six airport security with a pen. That's the type of stuff that needs to come back instead focusing a large amount of resources on romance sub plots.

I didn't think the choreography was that bad, but I don't remember being truly impressed by a single fight scene in season three. Oliver vs. Ra's (Parts I and II) and Oliver vs. Nyssa vs. Malcolm, in particular, fell short of their potential, but they weren't terrible.

Well, they've got the stunt coordinator directing an episode, so I'm sure that'll be some crazy ****.

did anyone see this? was from Willa Holland Instagram before it was deleted for obvious reasons!

11935109_1640020852932409_9002235641719316853_n.png
[/url]

Last edited:
Yeah I saw it, don't think they will go there yet (hopefully) that is something that should be built up to. No way he is ready to take that on nor would anyone support it at this point.

Bit of a d***ish response since Amell's such a nice guy and doesn't deserve that, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't chuckle as well.

I disagree, they really need to be made aware they can't be lazy and pander to fans of crappy romance drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"