Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes pander to me! The person who thinks you can do romantic drama without having to make it overbearing, ruin one of the show's best characters by making them a petulant child who starts crying everytime they don't get their way.

Then you're not the type of fan I was referring to.

Yes pander to me! The person who thinks you can do romantic drama without having to make it overbearing, ruin one of the show's best characters by making them a petulant child who starts crying everytime they don't get their way.

That isn't what happened though, Felicity is not a solider or assassin, she is not built like Ollie, Sara, Digg etc....so her reactions to the loss of friends and the danger Ollie was in along with his constant indecision regarding her was merely that of a real person.

That isn't what happened though, Felicity is not a solider or assassin, she is not built like Ollie, Sara, Digg etc....so her reactions to the loss of friends and the danger Ollie was in along with his constant indecision regarding her was merely that of a real person.

I'm going to have to disagree. Remember when she was told Oliver was the Arrow? He was swiss cheesed up redecorating her car interior with blood. That was early season one. She should be used to her "job" by now. And I can only speak for myself, but if I'm acting indecisive about a girl more often than not their tendency is to move on not cry-talk for 23 weeks.

ZahE5e0.jpg

From Marc Guggenheim's twitter.

They are though. Nobody's asking for a balance. It's almost all "No more Olicity crap."

Except saying no more Olicity crap is NOT the same as saying no more romance. They are no synonymous words, are they:whatever:. Olicity consumes a whole show (because it has such a demanding large fanbase that PTB love to reward) other normal romances/couples do not.

While its true some people will never like romantic elements, if it doesn't consume most of the show those people will likely make less noise and torelate it. But thats not how Olicity operates, its parasitic for a show thats supposed to be about superheroism, it turns it into what many Olicity fans want: Olicity fanfiction.

You dont hear many people complaining about The Flash which has Iris & Barry or calling it fanservice. Why? isnt it obvious, because the show is mainly focused on what its supposed to be about and staying true to its characters not just to what one subset of fans want.

The tone wasn't the problem with season 3.
Exactly: bad plotting, Olicity, character regression etc was

Last edited:
Really like the nod to the Green Lantern Oath.

I'm going to have to disagree. Remember when she was told Oliver was the Arrow? He was swiss cheesed up redecorating her car interior with blood. That was early season one. She should be used to her "job" by now. And I can only speak for myself, but if I'm acting indecisive about a girl more often than not their tendency is to move on not cry-talk for 23 weeks.

That was in the spur of the moment, adrenaline kicks in, but the things that happened later were after she had come to care for the people getting hurt and killed. Also it's different if you just like someone and want a date to when you are in love with someone and the only reason it's not happening is roadblocks not because that person doesn't want the same as you.

Except saying no more Olicity crap is NOT the same as saying no more romance. They are no synonymous words, are they:whatever:. Olicity consumes a whole show (because it has such a demanding large fanbase that PTB love to reward) other normal romances/couples do not.

Agreed. No one is complaining about romance in general. They're complaining that it has taken over the show and that it's not particularly good. You want an example of a good "romance arc" look at Katana and Maseo. If the show runners want to give people drama then by all means, but at least try to make it quality and don't spend a large chunk of your time on it. Season three was the weakest because the seasonal arc was the weakest and romantic subplots got more attention than they should have.

Honestly, I never had an issue with the "Olicity" stuff. I still really like Felicity as a character. My issue with season 3 was most of the other stuff:

- Ollie apparently falling to his death and then miraculously recovering with little to no explanation.

- The really, REALLY bad flashback sequences that just got more convoluted and ridiculous as they went on.

- RAY PALMER HEY EVERYBODY IT'S RAY PALMER HEY DID YOU KNOW WE'VE GOT RAY PALMER WELL WE DO AND WE'RE GOING TO SHOEHORN HIM INTO EVERY PLOT WE CAN WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT SO CHECK HIM OUT IN HIS SUPER COOL IRON MAN SUIT HE MADE OUT OF STUFF FROM HOME DEPOT.

- Oliver acting like an idiot and going to save Malcolm from Ra's because of "what it would do to Thea if she was responsible for his death".

- Malcolm, that guy who killed 500 innocent people, is unable to kill the man who murdered his own wife.

- Vinnie Jones. Just stop acting forever. You peaked at Bullet Tooth Tony.

- Quentin acting like a dick for the whole season.

- Laurel's laughable attempts to be tough and menacing as the Black Canary.

- Ollie and Ra's fighting to the death at the top of the dam and the cops waiting until one of them kills the other one before they shoot at either one of them.

Just saw the episode where Oliver turned down R'as' offer–I have to say I was very impressed with the Olicity writing. Neither one whined, other than Felicity saying "Us not being together was your choice" (and that was more a statement of fact than a whine), and at the end their chemistry was the best it's been all season.

I'm kind of surprised that they dedicated so much of their budget to build Rays suit. It cost more then a house which is probably majority of an episodes budget for them.

Got a good laugh out of this. My favorite part is that Amell didn't deny it

gj7LPv9.jpg

I'm kind of surprised that they dedicated so much of their budget to build Rays suit. It cost more then a house which is probably majority of an episodes budget for them.

I was incredibly impressed with the special effects of Ray's suit. With a little bit more money some of those scenes could rival the first Ironman film.

Really? That cheap looking thing cost a lot of money?

I think they just have a possible stunt one and the real one. There is a recent interview where they talked about having to decide when to use the real suit vs. CGI.

The only challenge is how expensive his costume costs, and the danger that we actually injure him doing stunts, because his costume actually costs not just more than a car — more than, like, your average American home — so the scariest thing about Atom is I’m thinking, like, ‘When do you use a digital double, and when do you use Brandon?’ I mean, obviously Brandon is irreplaceable.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...w-Ridiculously-Expensive-Atom-Suit-80877.html

So they may even have just the one.

I think you missed my point.

No I get that you want to assume the best about Guggenheim, I most assuredly do not. Come on now he basically solicits bribes(will you buy my book?) to write things the way people(namely Olicity since they are the ones crazy enough to do it) want.

That wasn't my point. My point is that, unless there's actual constructive criticism, the tweet is just complaining with no purpose, which is a pretty dickish thing to do to Stephen Amell during such a lighthearted thing.

Arrow & The Flash Promo - Justice Moves To Its Own Beat (HD)

That wasn't my point. My point is that, unless there's actual constructive criticism, the tweet is just complaining with no purpose, which is a pretty dickish thing to do to Stephen Amell during such a lighthearted thing.

There has been plenty of that out there. But you are not going to see a Forbes article written on Facebook. I am 99% sure that links to those articles have been sent to Guggenheim many times by now.

I'm shocked it cost that much because it's not that great.

No I get that you want to assume the best about Guggenheim, I most assuredly do not. Come on now he basically solicits bribes(will you buy my book?) to write things the way people(namely Olicity since they are the ones crazy enough to do it) want.
:pal: Do you seriously not understand a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"