Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki882 Registered

Wait, Oliver and Constantine know each other? Huh, wasn't expecting that.

2. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Of course Oliver knows Constantine, he has to have the best connections. I would rather Laurel hear about him and sought him out then having to rely on Oliver to help her clean up Saras resurrection.

3. luis4u Registered

4. zenith16 Registered

yeah well....

5. Arrowshieldfan Registered

6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

The Asia promo shows Laurel confronting Malcolm.

7. zenith16 Registered

it's always. .. oh well

8. WeatherWizard99 Registered

very exited for double down, but I think he could be handed in another way...

I mean, metahumans powers are suposed to be science... transforming tatoos into real things are not very scientific...

now that constantine, and apparently damien darkh, are bringing mysticism to the show, they could have made his origin story a little closer do the comics...

9. Bathead The Oldest Geek

Sez who? There's plenty of metas in the comics whose powers are magic based. Even those supposed "Science based" meta are not based on real science, it's all pretty much comic book science, i.e. pure fantasy.

10. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

Maybe Oliver meets Constantine in the flashback of that episode? It would be a convenient tie-in.

11. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

So, with Oliver taking up cooking this season, I really hope they bring this into the show in some small way:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#36 KillerMcQueen, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  12. zenith16 Registered

lol come on in show it's one of the few skill's that aren't scumy(pre Island) and has nothing to with his time on the Island that about killing.

we know as a businessman he's not good at it. and he's running for mayor now which his only credentials is that he may have few other love children beside the one at central city cause he was like the dad Dan in one tree hill as a teen minus the basket ball skills.And he with hold's telling people important things they need to know cause it directly effect's them and people they are working close with.

hmm he would make a good politician actually. he had all the bad parts down pat which show up in alot of politician's lives eventually .

Yeah cooking on the show is his current redeeming quality with inthe show as a skill set where he'll make money and people aren't mad and dump on him for it. lol let's let him have that. cause the ollie in the comic's even if he was a woman chaser was more likeable for most of his life .

#37 zenith16, Oct 17, 2015
  13. Loki882 Registered

I can actually see his pitch for being mayor:

-Guy who did some bad stuff in the past and now wants to clean up his act and do good. This country loves a comeback story.

-He went through Hell for 5 years, which changed him.

-No one else wants the job (after the previous three mayors were all assassinated within like 2 years of each other, if that, who in their right mind would). That's why the city seems to be run by committee these days. Oliver can say "I went through a lot worse on that island, so I'm not afraid of some wacko targeting me).

-Etc.

Given that we live in a country where Jerry Springer was once a mayor (of Cleveland I believe), Jessie "the body" Ventura was Governor of Minnesota, Arnold Schwarzenegger was a two-term Governor of California, Sony from Sony & Cher was a congressman, and Al Franken is currently a US Senator (in his second term), this isn't as ridiculous as it'd first appear.

Plus apparently Moira, who just got done with her trial for mass murder where she was facing the death penalty is convicted, had a great chance of winning her election (if Slade hadn't have stepped in), Oliver's transgressions seem rather trivial by comparison.

14. LongbowHunter Nanananana:Robin!

I was thinking the exact same thing...I hope we get a scene where he invites everyone for dinner to eat chilli. Diggle could be the "Batman" of the scene stating the chilli needs more crunch...

15. Loki882 Registered

Or Thea, because she's used to it by now.

16. HeyZeus orca ninja

Laurel gives diggle crap for keeping secrets, then sneaks off with Thea to digs up Sarah's corpes? Okay then.

17. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

But she didn't really give him crap for it? She contradicted herself for sure but she tried to reason with him about secrets.

18. HeyZeus orca ninja

Sematics.

19. Loki882 Registered

Lets face it, hypocrisy is a pretty common thing amongst all of these characters.

20. Boy Scout Registered

It's not semantics if you paint a completely inaccurate picture of what happened. You're just wrong. :yay:

21. HeyZeus orca ninja

It's semantics.

22. Boy Scout Registered

23. zenith16 Registered

nah they weren't caught doing scumy thing's prior the governator was after he was made governor. the most he did was have an affair. which people that like his movie use to over look too often.

So he'll be an ill-relenvent case that 's not what I was saying about being perfect politician where oliver is concerned . I said he'd be the perfect one cause of ll that prior cause he has a early jump as far as Oliver goes .

anyway when I think about it was the other way for Moira Queen the most she was accused for or should have been was she was an accomplice to those murders and one that started to not want to fallow through with it but she was also the only of those accomplice's still alive. but Malcolm already did the deed at the end of season 2. her problem is her twisted need to keep every thing silent or hide stuff for people that should man up. also unlike most people I don't think She really served time.
    she never murder people unlike most with in that show or her son.

I think a better analogy would be pewee Herman or Rob low for what they did that made come back. though they have never went into politics. any what I said wasn't about not making good politician I said he'd (Oliver )make a good one cause he has all that crap in his closet . well minus the kill spree's of season one and two ..

I don't think people would vote for that well not sane people.

#48 zenith16, Oct 17, 2015
  24. Loki882 Registered

Except that people don't know about the whole "killing spree" thing. It's incredibly dumb that they don't, but that's what the show is pushing. To most of the GP, he's been falsely accused of being a murdering vigilante TWICE now, by the same obsessed cop no less.

25. JC00 Registered

New promo out that shows Sara post Lazarus Pit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.