Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Amell making jokes about the lack of Hawkeye on the new Avengers poster.

LOL.. Though i wonder. IF Arrow went against hawkeye, who'd come out the winner?

Most people on social media just say, kill off new Team Arrow and have Team Arrow be only. Oliver, Diggle, Felicity and Thea.
I'd rather them not; Thea irritates me, and it does seem (lately) that they're going to retire her character somewhat to go off with Roy.

In any case, I think Team Arrow could do with a few more members, just not Renee, Dinah or Curtis; as much as I do (or rather, have) enjoyed their character developments, there's no real way for them to all become one big happy family again - not now. There's got to be other characters from DC that can be introduced in Team Arrow moving forwards.

Yeah I feel the show has grown too the point green arrow can be looked as a leader figure and allow for a lot more micro stories under his watch for even more DC characters.

Wow. Totally disagree. The show has shown itself at its best when the team is small.

Though realistically, how many more seasons do you see the show having in it?? 1? 2??

Though realistically, how many more seasons do you see the show having in it?? 1? 2??

I see 2, probably, but then Supernatural is past 10 years and I'm sure nobody thought it'd go this long, so maybe Arrow has more time in it than we think.

I think Arrow is a bit different since it is a lot more physical and its ratings are already lower then Supernaturals.

I think Arrow is a bit different since it is a lot more physical and its ratings are already lower then Supernaturals.

Yeah, I'm definitely not saying I expect Arrow to go 10 seasons. Just saying you never know.

I just want a BoP spin off with KC...is that so much to ask?

I just want a BoP spin off with KC...is that so much to ask?

Heck, after Arrow ends, I think that'd be an ideal replacement.

Of course, if it's true that superhero exhaustion is starting to set in, there may not be many more superhero shows in the next few years.

The show has shown itself at its best when the team is small.
Small, yes, but when you think of the teams on other shows; they generally consist of a handful of combat-capable people.

• Flash has Barry, Ralf, Cisco & Caitlin/Frosty, and can call in Wally from time to time.
  • Supergirl has Kara, Alex, John (from time to time) and more recently, the League - when it suits the writing department.
  • Legends has an entire crew (although apparently Sara is the only competent one).
  • Arrow, Ollie & Diggle? One or two more wouldn't hurt, surely?

Don't get me wrong, the show was fun when it was just Ollie, and then Ollie & Diggle, but as the shows and characters grow and evolve, they expand, as do the teams; they've all started out solo.

I think they can get at least eight seasons, but it would be nice if each show managed to get a full ten. A lot of that depends on the cast though - would Stephen even want to retain the role for another four years?

Unlike Supernatural (which I still watch - it's had it's ups and downs, but is still enjoyable) I wouldn't want Arrow to just keep going and going - they'd surely run out of villains.

One thing I do want to see during Arrow's final season, be that season 8, 9 or 10, is a full season where Ollie is working with Bruce Wayne on a mutually beneficial endeavour; I feel it would be a nice way to end the show - maybe start the season with a Bat-themed vigilante being discussed in the Arrow Cave, then maybe a few interactions between Ollie & Bruce, before the final episode being a team up between Batman & Green Arrow with Batman revealing to Ollie that he is Bruce Wayne or something. Would be a nice send off.

Never heard of them before. I take they are not so mainstream DC comics?

Never heard of them before. I take they are not so mainstream DC comics?
Birds of Prey are fairly mainstream in the DC universe. It's the team of Batgirl, Black Canary and Huntress. They've even had a (crappy) TV show once before already.

Honestly, I think a Birds of Prey reboot would be the PERFECT show to replace Arrow on the CW's schedule in the next couple years. Although I think they should spin it off their doppelgangers from Supergirl's Earth so that none of the characters come with all their baggage from Arrow (plus we know Batman actually has a history on that Earth). Dinah/Laurel deserves a fresh start instead of all this Black Siren nonsense, imo.

They've got more than enough established female heroes in the Arrowverse to pick from.

Actual comic book Birds of Prey:
Black Canary (Sara Lance)
The Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)

Other female Arrowverse heroes:
Vixen (Mari McCabe)
Vixen (Amaya Jiwe)
Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)
Speedy (Thea Queen)
Overwatch (Felicity Smoak; easy Oracle replacement since they probably can't use Barbara Gordon)
Hawkgirl (Kenda Saunders)
Harbinger (Lyla Diggle)
Nyssa Al-Ghul
Zari
Kller Frost (Caitlin Snow)

Excluding Supergirl of course, since she and her sister aren't leaving that show. And a speedster would probably be too powerful, so no Jesse Quick.

Birds of Prey are fairly mainstream in the DC universe. It's the team of Batgirl, Black Canary and Huntress. They've even had a (crappy) TV show once before already.

Honestly, I think a Birds of Prey reboot would be the PERFECT show to replace Arrow on the CW's schedule in the next couple years. Although I think they should spin it off their doppelgangers from Supergirl's Earth so that none of the characters come with all their baggage from Arrow (plus we know Batman actually has a history on that Earth). Dinah/Laurel deserves a fresh start instead of all this Black Siren nonsense, imo.

I'd be down for it!

Though if they did use Black Siren, I wouldn't mind that much since it could be very Xena like when it comes to her motivations.

I know that Gotham has rights to Bat characters but since they already broke that with having Dick Grayson in a totally new show, they need to let Barbara out to play.

They've got more than enough established female heroes in the Arrowverse to pick from.

Actual comic book Birds of Prey:
Black Canary (Sara Lance)
The Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)

Other female Arrowverse heroes:
Vixen (Mari McCabe)
Vixen (Amaya Jiwe)
Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)
Speedy (Thea Queen)
Overwatch (Felicity Smoak; easy Oracle replacement since they probably can't use Barbara Gordon)
Hawkgirl (Kenda Saunders)
Harbinger (Lyla Diggle)
Nyssa Al-Ghul
Zari
Kller Frost (Caitlin Snow)

Excluding Supergirl of course, since she and her sister aren't leaving that show. And a speedster would probably be too powerful, so no Jesse Quick.

Katana has been in BoP in the comics at times

How new of a comic series is it? Was it out before the mid-late 90s?? Cause i certainly don't remember them.

Wow. Totally disagree. The show has shown itself at its best when the team is small.

Sure - because it can focus on Oliver and Katie.

There's no reason it can't have 3-4 episode arcs of other characters, and making them more central.

I mean it's like JL vs JL:U.

both were good shows, and people maybe prefer one or the other, but I think the natural progression to go from Arrow is to a Arrow: U type show.

Just the writing of the villains imo need to improve if they want to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"